Viewsonic X1000-4K UST LED projector anticipation thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #31 of 35 Old 01-13-2020, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Stabler View Post
Does no one else think it is weird that there is no information available, so sightings at CES 2020, yet it wins an innovation award? Has anyone managed to find any new information on this UST projector?

Yeah, odd, wasn't even in their CES Showstoppers Press Release:
https://www.viewsonic.com/us/pressro...stoppers-2020/

..which mentions the X10 and X100 standard throws only.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 01-13-2020, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 102
I don't know what they won really without actual product but the specs of this, brightness, Harman Kardon speakers and even price is identical pretty much to VAVA which has been available for 6 months now...

Xiaomi Mija Mi Laser UST 1080P (International), Sharp 4k 65", LG 4k 43", Nvidia Shield
post #33 of 35 Old 01-13-2020, 12:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by klas View Post
I don't know what they won really without actual product but the specs of this, brightness, Harman Kardon speakers and even price is identical pretty much to VAVA which has been available for 6 months now...

It’s quite a different design. RGBB LED light engine seems pretty interesting. Theoretically, it should reach DCI-P3 color space without requiring a color wheel and reducing rainbow effect. The fact that they didn’t have it on display a full year after it’s debut at the previous years CES is not a good sign.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 Old 01-13-2020, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
It’s quite a different design. RGBB LED light engine seems pretty interesting. Theoretically, it should reach DCI-P3 color space without requiring a color wheel and reducing rainbow effect. The fact that they didn’t have it on display a full year after it’s debut at the previous years CES is not a good sign.
I missed the fact they were using LED instead of laser. I wonder if that's LED engine the same as used in other LED projectors then. Also wouldn't laser light source be superior to LED in terms of brightness and contrast?

Xiaomi Mija Mi Laser UST 1080P (International), Sharp 4k 65", LG 4k 43", Nvidia Shield
post #35 of 35 Old 01-14-2020, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by klas View Post
I missed the fact they were using LED instead of laser. I wonder if that's LED engine the same as used in other LED projectors then. Also wouldn't laser light source be superior to LED in terms of brightness and contrast?

Probably less bright, contrast should be similar contrast. The colors should be more vibrant considering that it’s an RGB light source. LED always appears brighter than the measured lumens, still usually not as bright as a laser light source.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page