AVS Forum banner

BenQ TK800M Review | 3,000 Lumen 96% Rec. 709 4K DLP Projector

40K views 149 replies 46 participants last post by  varun chanchlani 
#1 ·
BENQ TK800M REVIEW

I always set the stage of my reviews with a little context, so here we go…

One year ago, I was able to review both the BenQ HT2550 and the BenQ TK800. They both represented a good 4K value into the still very young 4K projector market. BenQ was the first to announce consumer 4K projectors for less than $1,500. I enjoyed the TK800’s combination of brightness, color, and picture quality so much that I made it my primary projector in my large dedicated 160” screen home theater for over 8 months. I watch a lot of sports, movies, tv shows, and play a lot of video games. I use my theater for just about everything so a great ‘all rounder’ projector with brightness chops and good color to boot is a must. The TK800 fit the bill with a few niggles, but overall, I highly recommended that projector to those in a similar situation as my own.

This year, BenQ is positioning itself with several offerings in the affordable 4K projector space. I have recently reviewed the HT3550, a 2000 lumen 4K projector well suited for dark room viewing. I am very high on the HT3550 for what it does very well; 4K HDR with great color for the price. The HT3550 offers the first dynamic iris in a DLP in this price range, auto tone mapping HDR, better blacks, user upgradable firmware, and a shorter throw among other goodies. I am also currently reviewing the HT5550, the 3550’s older and more polished brother with a substantial black chassis, even better color coverage, contrast, and much much better placement flexibility. Then there is this TK800M, essentially a refined version of the TK800 from last year, that is being offered as the ‘value’ projector in their 4K lineup…

AND ITS NO SLOUCH! The upgrades hit home for me.

Before diving into the TK800M lets talk again about what the TK800 already did very well and how BenQ was positioning it last year. The TK800 was marketed for “Vivid Living Room Entertainment”. It’s higher brightness allowed it to cut through ambient light to make watching sports, playing games, or anything else people did in rooms with ambient light. The TK800 performed in this regard with aplomb. The reason I was so high on the TK800 is that it was able to do this and still offer a very good 92% Rec 709 color space coverage out of the box.

So why the new model? Why the TK800M? BenQ is the first DLP manufacturer to implement TI’s updated .47” DMD this year. The TK800M is among the first of these projectors to ship with this updated DMD which means NO LIGHT BORDER around this screen. Not only does this help with contrast (a bit) but also the level of immersion one can expect from their viewing. The other change made is an all new lens that promises better sharpness and contrast compared to last year’s model. This new lens is a 1.1x zoom instead of a 1.2x zoom, so there is a tradeoff of placement flexibility. More later.

I have spent quite a bit of time with this projector. I left it up as my primary driver longer than expected because I enjoyed it so much. But let’s get into my subjective impressions….

4K Sharpness and Lens

This projector achieves a “True 4K” (as defined by CTA) image of 8.3 millions on-screen pixel by shifting its native 1080p chip four times. This is known as XPR shifting. Let me just say that this little TK800M is the sharpest 4K projector I have seen. That is comparing it to the HT2550, TK800, Epson 4000, HT3550, HT5550, and Epson 5050UB (currently reviewing). And the sharpness is not anomalous to the unit. I have gone through two review units of this projector and both exhibit the same insane level of sharpness I’ve yet to see on a projector. I can clearly see individual pixels. The focus knob has the widest range I’ve seen in a small projector for the purpose of very easily making adjustments and finding that ‘just right’ focus. The new lens does an amazing job at creating a pixel perfect sharpness that really blew me away compared to the other six 4K projectors that have been through my theater.

With that said, the lens does exhibit some minor chromatic aberration. On my 160” screen this is only noticeable at about 3 feet from the screen. My normal viewing was not affected by the aberration , however, so no harm no foul.

HDR

Compared to the TK800 unit I reviewed last year, BenQ has done a great job updating their future firmware releases with improved tone mapping for 4K HDR content. What I felt was very good HDR last year is improved upon this year. I also really like how a new mode called “HDR10” is engaged when HDR content is detected. This is nice to have your HDR specific HDR image settings are automatically called up. Projector manufacturers like Epson and Optoma can take a page out of BenQ’s book here.

After being spoiled with how good HDR is on the HT3550 last month, coming back to TK800 made me realize even more just how good HDR is on the HT3550. When comparing the two, detail in shadows and highlights is much better handled by the HT3550 as is the overall brightness of the HDR image on the HT3550. The auto tone mapping does wonders on that projector and the TK800M just can’t compete, although it does produce a really nice HDR picture.

Where the TK800M CAN compete with HDR is in HDR gaming. Just like last year, the TK800M supports full 18gbps HDMI which means that it can handle the PS4/Xbox One X’s full spec for 4K HDR gaming at 60 frames per second. So lets talk about gaming…

GAME ON

I have an Xbox One X and when choosing between the HT3550 and the TK800M, I choose the TK800M for gaming. 4K HDR gaming is simply amazing to play on. I play Halo Master Chief Collection and Forza Horizon 4 more than anything else and its hard to put into words how great it is in this regard. As far as 0.47” DMD 4K DLPs go, the TK800M has the fastest input lag among them all. I measured 42ms of input lag. This would be considered ‘good not great’ input lag. As a casual gamer, this is getting into the range of input lag that is hard for me to notice. The only other way to get lower input lag for 4K gaming in this price range is to go with the Epson 4010 for 33ms input lag. The tradeoff here is that the Epson costs $500 more (when on sale), only displays 4M on-screen pixels (some may not notice), and only supports 10gbps HDMI… so no 4K HDR @ 60 FPS. The Optoma HD27HDR (8ms 120hz/16ms 60hz input lag) is another gaming focused projector that can ‘accept’ a 4K signal, but only displays a 1080p image which kind of defeats the purpose of focusing on 4K gaming. All things said and done, I hope BenQ continues to focus on pushing the limits of image processing on their scaler/shifter to bring their 4K projector’s input lag down even further.

Two weeks ago, I had seven of my friends over for our monthly “Halo Night”. We always have a team of 4 on the projector in the theater and a team of 4 in the adjacent room with a 60” TV. I had two TK800M review units at the time and decided to put one in my theater, and the other TK800M projecting onto the wall in the other room instead of the usual TV. My friend, who is a discerning techie himself, said at least five times throughout the night, “What projector is this? This thing is amazing to game on.” The TK800M was a hit for game night. It offered a MUCH better gaming experience compared to the TV we usually play on for that room.

The only drawback of the TK800M that some might find objectionable is the limited placement flexibility. I mentioned previously that the TK800M has an even smaller zoom than the TK800 which already was knocked for lack of lens shift. What this means is that to produce a 100” image, the closest the projector can be to the screen is 11 feet away with its 1.5-165 throw ratio. So you need to consider how big you want the image to be and if placing on a table, will that be in front of or behind viewers?

BRIGHTNESS

A strong suit of the TK800M, the projector’s brightness is its friend. You wouldn’t put a clear slice in a dark-room projector, but for the TK800M’s intended purpose of being a high brightness projector for ambient light, the extra lumens are welcome from the optimized color wheel. I am able to watch sports, movies, game, and really do anything with the back half of my theater completely illuminated. This is great for sports viewing parties where I have food on the back bar and people coming and going.

The other thing I love about the increased white brightness is that when there are white highlights on the screen, they REALLY pop. That could be a bad thing for some, but not for me. Its not overly distracting either. What that extra pop of brightness does is improve the perceived contrast to the human eye when content is on the screen. So lets talk about contrast performance…

CONTRAST/BLACKS

The extra white lumens really do their job improving the perceived contrast when there is content on the screen. The omission of the light border also helps perceived contrast relative to last year’s model. Where contrast struggles is in dark scenes since the black floor on this projector isn’t exceptional. However, the intended audience for this projector is for high ambient light and living room use. In any living room or high ambient light environment, that ambient light hitting the screen negates any benefit from good performing contrast projectors. So for that reason, its hard to knock this projector since the contrast performance isn’t bad for its intended audience. So at the end of the day, with the perceived improved contrast on bright scenes and lower contrast on dark scenes, its kind of a wash on contrast performance for the target audience.

One thing to note on contrast, and perhaps something that BenQ can improve on in future designs is the lens ring assembly. They have already vastly improved the design for this year’s HT3550 which has virtually no light leakage off the front of the projector. However, the TK800M’s lens is recessed far back in a depressing that is lined with a reflective blue finish. This results in a fair amount of reflection, not from the lens or engine itself, but from the adjacent reflections in that lens depression itself. When this light is dispersed over a large area in an environment that is not light controlled, you will never notice it. But in a dark viewing setup, I would recommend lining that area with some black velour telescope flocking tape. Or projector screen tape. That completely eliminated light leakage/reflections on my unit, only serving to improve contrast further.

3D

Can’t do a review without getting into 3D performance. The 3D performance improves on the TK800. The image is very bright and seems to use its native lamp mode to illuminate such a bright image from the get-go. This results in a slightly green-tinge that can be adjusted/calibrated to get a more color accurate 3D image. It is bright though, I’ll give you that.

What has also improved on the TK800M is that you no longer have to manually engage 3D. 3D will automatically be detected and switched into 3D mode when content is played from a 3D Blu Ray. For personal libraries of 3D content, just make sure the source is displaying 1080p then play your side by side, top/bottom, or frame sequential 3D content, and then select the applicable 3D mode. I had no issue playing all of my 3D titles from my Plex library on my Nvidia Shield.

COLOR

As previously stated, color on this is really great considering it is a high brightness projector. Last year BenQ marketed the HT2550 as a color accurate projector intended for critical viewing. That projector was rated for 96% Rec 709 color coverage and had 2,200 lumens. The TK800M is rated at 96% Rec 709 and is rated at 3,000 lumens. This is an improvement from 92% coverage of the TK800 last year. So it certainly seems like it is eating its cake and having it too in relation to brightness and color accuracy.

CONCLUSION

People who know me already know I’ve been high on the TK800. The TK800M makes that projector even better with the exception of its slightly worse placement flexibility. BenQ continues to build its TK line. As the second entry into the TK family, the TK800M represents a very good, albeit iterative upgrade over the TK800. While the removal of the light border will turn many heads, what stands out most about this projector relative to others I’ve had the pleasure of review has to be incredible sharpness I’ve observed. At $1,299, it represents a great value for its performance. This will be the projector I recommend to just about anyone interested in a projector for high ambient light or gaming setups!

In classic ‘I like/Meh’ fashion

I like:
-Really good combo of brightness/color
-Best in class 8.3M pixel 4K input lag of 42ms
-SHARPNESS! Sharpest 4K I’ve seen.
-No more light border
-18 gbps HDMI
-Great 4K HDR gaming projector
-3D
-Great for sports

Meh:
-Blacks/contrast in dark scenes
-Light ring light reflections
-Reduced zoom, placement flexibility

Will enrich with more pictures and screen grabs soon!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
SMH, and that's why laser projectors are needed. You can have the best of both worlds. What if you're a movie lover and a gamer. You're stuck. It's either or, or buy both with the TK800M/HT3550. A laser light engine can provide better blacks and HDR for DLP projectors. I really hope Viewsonic knocks it out the park with their solid state 4k projectors this year and really push DLP projectors forward.

#3 ·
I don't disagree with you, but the price point of laser 4k is a non-starter for most. In addition, laser isn't the be-all end all silver bullet. When done right ($$$$), it can certainly solve for a lot of the draw backs of lamp based projectors. With that said, each projector needs to be viewed through the objective lens (pun. ha) of "value prop" and price. The laser projector you mentioned has an MSRP of $3,499. It wouldn't even qualify to be posted in this sub $3k forum.

Also, how do you figure that laser light engine unequivocally provide better blacks? It's not that simple. The most recent, and most popular affordable 4K DLP projector with a laser light engine, the LG Hu80ka, only puts out 800 calibrated lumens and just a hair over 1,000 for a good looking "bright mode". Even a self-proclaimed dark room lamp projector like the HT3550 performs better than that. Additionally, conflicting info is out there about the LG's 'laser' black levels but Art Feierman puts that laser projector's blacks at just a hair over "entry level". To be fair, Evan over at PC was a fan. Additionally, input lag is 71ms...

So for someone looking to laser light engines as "the answer" for high brightness, great color, great contrast, low input lag... it looks like laser implementats in this price range doesn't seem to be the silver bullet yet.

So to your point that you hope laser can kill it this year to push DLP forward... we are on the same page there. But I have a feeling that 'the answer' for sub $1,500 projectors lies with advancements in LED, not laser.

#5 ·
I don't want to get of topic here ,but is it just me that prefer bulb than laser ?
laser 20k hrs 1-3 year warranty. 20k hrs it can last less or who knows more. But when it dies it's going to the garbage .

DLP bulb 5k-10k hrs, 1-3 year warranty. Lets say even if it just last 5k hr lets say the ht3550. get another bulb for 150$.

I understand that your adding extra for the bulbs but i feel safer for a bulb projector that i want to keep to last me lets say 5 years.

Well i don't really know , I'm the kinda person that would add 5-8hrs a day to a projector. I would probably go to sleep with it on xD.

Also nice review scottyroo like always .

#6 ·
I don't want to get of topic here ,but is it just me that prefer bulb than laser ?

laser 20k hrs 1-3 year warranty. 20k hrs it can last less or who knows more. But when it dies it's going to the garbage .

DLP bulb 5k-10k hrs, 1-3 year warranty. Lets say even if it just last 5k hr lets say the ht3550. get another bulb for 150$.

I understand that your adding extra for the bulbs but i feel safer for a bulb projector that i want to keep to last me lets say 5 years.

Well i don't really know , I'm the kinda person that would add 5-8hrs a day to a projector. I would probably go to sleep with it on xD.

Also nice review scottyroo like always .

You know… I haven’t thought about it that way. I like your logic.

#8 ·
Awesome review, thanks! I've been back and forth between the TK800M vs HT3550, but since I primarily use the projector for movies, I'll have to go with the HT3550.

Just a heads up for everyone, the TK800M will be on sale at Fry's and you can snag one of the 20% coupons to make it ~1040 before taxes!

#9 ·
Awesome review, thanks! I've been back and forth between the TK800M vs HT3550, but since I primarily use the projector for movies, I'll have to go with the HT3550.

Just a heads up for everyone, the TK800M will be on sale at Fry's and you can snag one of the 20% coupons to make it ~1040 before taxes!

Good choice!

#12 ·
Yes it should be possible. The 1.5-1.65 throw ratio allows for exactly a 110" at 12 feet away from the screen.

#18 ·
This projector sounds fairly compelling - I am thinking about the TK800M over the HT3550 just for 3D brightness. I currently have a Panasonic AE-8000U and have been disappointed at the crosstalk I get in 3D; I'm hoping this will work better as well as get me into the 4K world. I've slowly begun acquiring 4K discs although I don't even have a player yet! I don't really care about gaming; I'll do that in the TV in the living room, not the home theater.

I can live without lens shift but I am going to miss the motorized zoom/focus! My screen is around 2:1 or 2.1:1 and I have the AE8000U set so that it automatically zooms and focuses with 2.35:1 content so I get a full 6' wide display, then zooms back out to fill the screen vertically on 16:9 content. Not the end of the world and it seems like it might be a good time to upgrade while my old projector is still worth something! I may need to run some numbers to make sure the TK800m has enough zoom range to handle that.

It would be nice to have the TK800M's brightness as well as the improved picture of the HT3550 but I understand there have to be trade-offs especially when looking at the low-end. I remember spending almost $2k for my Sanyo Z2 back when 1080p projectors were $30k!

One question - I saw in the HT3550 thread that it can do proper 24fps playback; can the TK800M do that also? Since I'm primarily interested in movies, that's important.

#19 ·
The brighter version of the HT3550 is going to be coming out later this year!

#22 ·
@scottyroo

I am a 3D fiend as you know, and this green tinge really turned me off of the original TK800, it actually did something to kill the clarity and contrast and I hated it when compared even to my HD141x for 3D. Apparently this one has it too...

Can you compare 3D between this PJ and the 3550? That is, does the 3550 get rid of the green completely? Can you see any difference in contrast, clarify, and is the TK800M brightness really different or much better than the 3550?

I mainly use my PJ for 3D movies and PS4 gaming, so this is a tough call, it sounds like I want try out the TK800M, but the 3D experience was so subpar on the TK800 I am scared to even give it a shot. Any information you can give to help out on this would be appreciated.

#23 ·
I don't know how soon you need a PJ, but I am just finishing up my theater room in the next month and also have an extensive 3D library, I am REALLY interested in the bright version of the HT3550. I am curious what will really separate the TK800M and the HT3550 that warrants another model in such a close price range. I thought it was rumored to be announced in Q2 but I have no idea anymore of what the time frame is. Anyhow it seems like if you are able to hold off the bright version of the HT3550 would definitely give you another option, and options are good!!

#25 ·
to be honest I don't have a 4K PJ at the moment and wanted to play Days Gone in 4K which is my primary reason for hoping for this one to be a good PJ.

otherwise ya I'd be all in on the "bright HT3550".

I still want his thoughts on the 3D performance and green tint on this vs the 3550 to see how things look and what to maybe expect from the upgrade version.

#29 ·
This one is at the top of my list. I am getting ready to build a new house, and with it a new media room. I currently have a theater in the basement setup with dark walls, ceiling and complete light control. I have an HT1070a. Even in a fully light controlled theater its on the dim side. The new room is going to be on the main level, have a dark front wall but lighter ceiling, it will have windows (with full blackout shades), but I am thinking something like this or an Epson 5040ub or 505ub would make more sense. I was originally looking at the HT3550 but think I will need something that packs more of a lumens punch. It will be used for tv, sports, video games and movies. Big question is how the TK800m will compare to something like the Epson 5040 or 5050ub? I like that they bring the auto zoom so i could do 2 screen sizes but not sure that feature will be worth the almost double price on the 5050.

#33 ·
I'm really thinking about getting this projector, as it seems to work with my desired screen size, if I move up to 100" (from a current 92") @ 12' away. I'm also thinking of going with a darker gray screen for viewing with ambient light, since at 100", this should really have the brightness to spare. I currently have the Silver Ticket Gray, which is hardly "gray" at 1.0 gain. The High Contrast Gray looks super dark in all of the pictures that I've seen, and it is rated at .95 gain. I would imagine that this projector should have enough punch to even do 3D justice on a darker screen at 100". I actually have pretty decent light control, but I'd really like the option to leave a little ambient light on for sports and stuff, since the projector is located in my condo living room.

The only problem is that I really just want to wait for specs on the upcoming BenQ 3550 "TK" model first. I guess at that point, I can either just decide to wait and get that or even let the price drop a bit more on this unit, if I don't go that route. I'm patient, and my Optoma HD33 is still kicking in the mean time.

#34 ·
I'm currently using a Sony HW45ES at 100" I was seriously considering the TK800M to move to 4k.
It has about the same throw distance as the Sony.
I use it only as a Monitor. I watch a lot of Twitch, some gaming, and occasionally something from Netflix.
I'm using a 1.0 gain screen and the light is not completely controlled. There is some ambient light, but most of the time I spend in Dark Viewing.
I'm a casual gamer, so input lag in 30s to 40s should be fine.
Any feedback is good feedback.

#36 ·
Hi Scotty, Thanks for the review. Can you expound on your third review picture, which I've reattached. Is that blue blur something we can expect on all similar projectors, and how long do you think it'll be until they go away? My HT2050 doesn't have that kind of chromatic aberration, and I was startled to see that these new projectors seem to. Is there a technology I should be looking at to avoid it?

Thanks again.

Attachments

#37 ·
I'm just going to guess, as that looks to me like chromatic aberration, which is a lens distortion that you might typically see further out from the center of an image. This can be better or worse, depending on the quality of the lens. I'll leave the answer up to Scotty, whether or not that this is noticeable or pronounced at a normal viewing distance on the TK-800M. I will comment on one thing, however. That image is of a very tiny area! You can clearly see the individual addressed pixels there. On my 1080p screen, this would have to be very close. I know that Scotty has a pretty large screen, but considering that this has 4X the addressable pixels as my projector, you would still be looking at an extremely small area, and possibly toward the outer edge of the screen.

#38 ·
Great review as always.

Really close to fitting my needs, but the placement will simply not be possible... Shame.

Got a living room with ambient light so the lumens would be well put to use, and the gaming capabilities fit me too. But I need a throw ratio of 1.8. That's with how my current PJ is mounted. The guys at my local home cinema store tell me the only option is the Epson TW7400/9400, since mounting a projector closer than I currently do will incur problems with hotspotting since I use a high contrast gray screen. Do the experts here agree?

Otherwise, does anyone know of any other option? Seems like everything coming out that ticks my boxes has a throw ratio that is too short. Will probably end up being forced to get a size large TV instead... :(

#42 ·
I don't have the projector, but this is from the very first post in this thread:

3D

Can’t do a review without getting into 3D performance. The 3D performance improves on the TK800. The image is very bright and seems to use its native lamp mode to illuminate such a bright image from the get-go. This results in a slightly green-tinge that can be adjusted/calibrated to get a more color accurate 3D image. It is bright though, I’ll give you that.

#50 ·
4K Sharpness and Lens

This projector achieves a “True 4K” (as defined by CTA) image of 8.3 millions on-screen pixel by shifting its native 1080p chip four times. This is known as XPR shifting. Let me just say that this little TK800M is the sharpest 4K projector I have seen. That is comparing it to the HT2550, TK800, Epson 4000, HT3550, HT5550, and Epson 5050UB (currently reviewing). And the sharpness is not anomalous to the unit. I have gone through two review units of this projector and both exhibit the same insane level of sharpness I’ve yet to see on a projector. I can clearly see individual pixels. The focus knob has the widest range I’ve seen in a small projector for the purpose of very easily making adjustments and finding that ‘just right’ focus. The new lens does an amazing job at creating a pixel perfect sharpness that really blew me away compared to the other six 4K projectors that have been through my theater.
I haven't seen any of these DLP 4way-shifters yet. How does it work, do you see 4K sized pixels or 1080P pixels? I mean the pixels are 1080P sized, it cant somehow magically make them smaller when shifting, or can it? Do you see a difference and can you take a photo when you show a 1080p test pattern vs. 4k test pattern?

#53 ·
This has been discussed here on the forum to death. :)
Short answer: no they’re ‘1080p sized’ pixels but due to the pixel shift and how our brains perceive the image it looks all but indistinguishable from a device that uses native imaging chips. In theory, a 4K projector that uses native imaging chips should offer an increase in ultimate detail. However, there is a LOT at play here. In this price range the limiting factor is the lens NOT the pixel shifting tech. So if you compare a $1500 BenQ or Optoma to an $8000 JVC the difference will likely come down to the use of a higher quality lens and the latter’s improvement in contrast (which can actually cause an image to be perceived as being sharper). Note: all the current native 4K projectors from Sony and JVC start above $5000 and a big reason for that is the lens. Once you equip a DLP pixel shifter with a high quality lens, for example the BenQ HT9060 (https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews...cinepro-ht9060-ultra-hd-led-projector-review/) , the DLP can often appear just as sharp or even sharper than a native device owing to DLP’s use of a single imaging chip instead of three separate chips that need to be carefully aligned. 4K DLP is frequently
praised for it’s sharp image despite it’s reliance on a lower resolution imaging chip and you’ll often see comments about it’s almost complete lack of pixel gap (a positive consequence of the pixel shifting process).

But it’s important to mention that we’re speaking in small degrees here. From your seat you’re far more likely to notice differences in color or contrast than how the projector actually produces it’s 4K image (native vs pixel shift).

Go look up my review of the BenQ HT2550 and cycle through the pictures. There is a shot in there comparing a BenQ HT2050A (a VERY sharp 1080p DLP) with the then brand new HT2550 (the first 4-way 4K pixel shifter to hit the market). It’s important to note that the DLP XPR tech has actually gotten substantially better since that projector released so those shots are sort of ‘worst case’ and even then it’s incredible how much more detail the 4K projector is able to resolve.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-d...-owners-thread-12.html#/topics/2959120?page=1

Reactions: matted
#56 ·
Now there is one aspect that made me go :confused:

Revisiting Scotty's first post in this thread, I think he made it abundantly clear how impressed or surprised he was with the sharpness of the TK800M and had another unit at his disposal to verify he wasn't imagining things.

I was about to wonder whether that could have something to do with the lack of lens shift (careful installation planning for the TK800M is a "must") but then I read what Kraine / Grégory had to say about that:

Scratchy and sharp:

Without being bad, the TK800M does not reach the accuracy of a W5700; one would have guessed it in view of the price difference. The center of the image is well reproduced, but the edges appear softer. If accuracy is important to you, I recommend that you consider the W1720 or better the W5700 instead.

My impression thus far based on Scotty's findings had been, that the TK800M is noticably sharper than the HT3550 (W2700), that the HT5550 (W5700) didn't feature sharpness improvement over the HT3550 - and now the above.

:confused:

#57 ·
Has anyone had the problem of devices not recognizing HDR capabilities?

I run an Xbox One S through a Denon AVRS740H and it's not recognizing HDR. There is no problem worth my apple tv 4K and I've tried changing inputs with no luck. Not sure if it's an Xbox problem, receiver problem or projector problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#58 ·
Good evening everyone.
I opened a thread some days ago, asking for a projector for my photographic studio. An user suggested me the Epson 3700 (here in Italy is called TW6700).
He said the LCD is a better technology for brighter rooms, and my studio when I receive clients will be with the lights on, but the projector and the background will be in a less bright part of the studio, far from the windows.
But I saw that the TK800M has a good lumens number, and also is much newer than the Epson 3700.
Do you suggest me to try the Benq, or the LCD technology is most suitable for me, even on a three years old projector?

I will use my 2 meters (6,5 feet) white photographic background as a screen for the projector, positioned at around 4 meters (13 feet) from the screen, because I want to show to my clients my photos and videos on a bigger screen than the pc.
It's also important for me that when I close the studio in the evening, I wanted to watch movies and tv series. Also, I fell in love with the aesthetics of the JMGO 1895S because my studio is built with and industrial vintage style, but I don't know if for me would be usable.
So please, could someone with a kind heart help me to choose among these projectors?
Thanks in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.