UST for bedroom (Xiaomi etc) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 04-06-2019, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
UST for bedroom (Xiaomi etc)

I`m looking at getting a projector for the bedroom. A simple one stop device. For this reason I have been looking at the UST projectors and have a couple of questions....

Does anyone have any idea on when the new model from LG will be released? Or even the Hisense model? I'm in Australia.

Secondly, at this point in time, I'm leaning towards a model from Asia over the more mainstream brands. Im terms of model release dates, have I got this right.....

Xiaomi Mi Laser Projector - White - International Model, 5000 Lumens, accepts 4k and HDR.....

Xiaomi Wemax and Wemax Pro Black, higher lumen count, accepts 4k and HDR

Xiaomi Mija - 4k Pixel Shifter, very limited info at this time on it.....

Is there really that much of a difference between the Original model and the Wemax Model?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can supply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-06-2019, 09:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 391
UST for bedroom (Xiaomi etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisbailey View Post
I`m looking at getting a projector for the bedroom. A simple one stop device. For this reason I have been looking at the UST projectors and have a couple of questions....

Does anyone have any idea on when the new model from LG will be released? Or even the Hisense model? I'm in Australia.

Secondly, at this point in time, I'm leaning towards a model from Asia over the more mainstream brands. Im terms of model release dates, have I got this right.....

Xiaomi Mi Laser Projector - White - International Model, 5000 Lumens, accepts 4k and HDR.....

Xiaomi Wemax and Wemax Pro Black, higher lumen count, accepts 4k and HDR

Xiaomi Mija - 4k Pixel Shifter, very limited info at this time on it.....

Is there really that much of a difference between the Original model and the Wemax Model?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can supply.

What screen size are you going for? I personally think the ViewSonic X1000 is the most promising if you don’t need more than 100” screen or 3D compatibility. I’ve considered the xiaomi’s but the lack picture quality adjustments, and service/support concern me.

Viewsonic X1000-4K UST LED projector anticipation thread
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t
post #3 of 13 Old 04-06-2019, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
What screen size are you going for? I personally think the ViewSonic X1000 is the most promising if you don’t need more than 100” screen or 3D compatibility. I’ve considered the xiaomi’s but the lack picture quality adjustments, and service/support concern me.

Viewsonic X1000-4K UST LED projector anticipation thread
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t
Yeah 100 would be perfect. I just wonder what kind of cost it will run at compared to the Xiaomis?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 04-07-2019, 06:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked: 623
2799 is a price we get excited about now? Good lord. USTs are so crazy over priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 13 Old 04-07-2019, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Quoted: 3790 Post(s)
Liked: 3002
If you're only going to be viewing on a 100" screen in a bedroom primarily in the dark you wouldn't need anywhere near 5,000 lumens. An LED model with an honest rating in the 1,000 lumen range would be more than bright enough. The only reason you'd need more lumens than that is if you want to get a bright image in the bedroom with anything more than small reading lamps lit up.
post #6 of 13 Old 04-07-2019, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post
2799 is a price we get excited about now? Good lord. USTs are so crazy over priced.

Are they? What do you expect to pay for a 100+" 4K image in a small form factor?
Go look at prices for 85" 4K TVs.
post #7 of 13 Old 04-07-2019, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I use my Xiaomi in bedroom occasionally, that's where UST all-in-box really shines, it can be easily moved around without much hassle to setup, or at least until they are more affordable and you can get more then one

Xiaomi Mija Mi Laser UST 1080P (International), Sharp 4k 65", LG 4k 43", Nvidia Shield
post #8 of 13 Old 04-08-2019, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klas View Post
I use my Xiaomi in bedroom occasionally, that's where UST all-in-box really shines, it can be easily moved around without much hassle to setup, or at least until they are more affordable and you can get more then one
To be honest this is what I had planned to do. Get the original Xiaomi global for the bedroom, test the waters with it so to speak, move it around, try it in the the living room/bedroom, then if I like it, keep it in the bedroom and save up for a higher spec 4k pixel shifter/brighter one, or opt for one of the mainstream manufacturers to release theirs later in the year and then use that in the bedroom. My goal is to do away with the TV which is big and bulky and takes up space.

How do you find yours?
post #9 of 13 Old 04-08-2019, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked: 623
I’m looking for 165” of 1080p comparable image quality of a benq 1070 for less than $1000.

That’s where I’m at with USTs.

post #10 of 13 Old 04-08-2019, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisbailey View Post
To be honest this is what I had planned to do. Get the original Xiaomi global for the bedroom, test the waters with it so to speak, move it around, try it in the the living room/bedroom, then if I like it, keep it in the bedroom and save up for a higher spec 4k pixel shifter/brighter one, or opt for one of the mainstream manufacturers to release theirs later in the year and then use that in the bedroom. My goal is to do away with the TV which is big and bulky and takes up space.

How do you find yours?
I got it to test the waters of UST a few month ago and now I don't see myself ever going back to regular front projector or even TV. Of course this tech could still be improved, but it's already amazing. I demoed it to all my friends who have regular front projectors and they were all impressed, except price wasn't impressive to them. I certainly would like 4k at some point and getting a fixed screen. If you are not in a rush to buy today there are some interesting options coming up.

Xiaomi Mija Mi Laser UST 1080P (International), Sharp 4k 65", LG 4k 43", Nvidia Shield
post #11 of 13 Old 04-10-2019, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 127
I use a Viewsonic PX-800HD...I know everyone recommends what they have but I have a Carl’s DIY grey screen that beats back ambient light a little and have less than $1K in the whole pkg...~1300 lumens at 100” decent blacks and colors that POP! What more you need for a bedroom? (Though there are lots of good options) Personally, DLP is do sharp, even at 1080p, I stream everything anyway and very little “non-unconverted” 4K our there...besides most ppl sit too far back to benefit from 4K anyway. Just my opinion but don’t pay 2x for 4K...
post #12 of 13 Old 04-25-2019, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
This projector is the best, love it.
post #13 of 13 Old 04-25-2019, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottscb View Post
besides most ppl sit too far back to benefit from 4K anyway. Just my opinion but don’t pay 2x for 4K...
Not everyone getting that though... As a matter of fact 4k in some instances actually worse then 1080p screens. Mad people buy 4k 13" laptops without realizing that it negative impacts battery life and performance to drive that resolution with little visual benefit. I still would eventually get 4k UST projector though when the prices come down in 1-2 years.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page