Epson Home Cinema 4000 died after 18 months - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-11-2019, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs down Epson Home Cinema 4000 died after 18 months

Help!

I purchased an Epson Home Cinema 4000 on eBay last year. It was a new projector, but from a 3rd party. It died over the weekend. It will not power on. After a quick google search it seems Epson has and issues with the 4000 and 5040 lines with the power supply failure. The main frustration is that on Epson's website it says it is still under warranty, but when I call Epson they deny the warranty because I purchased from a 3rd party. The person I purchased it from is not being helpful and Epson won't budge. I am at a loss. I am wondering if anyone has fixed their projectors for this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-11-2019, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1267 Post(s)
Liked: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakalika View Post
Help!

I purchased an Epson Home Cinema 4000 on eBay last year. It was a new projector, but from a 3rd party. It died over the weekend. It will not power on. After a quick google search it seems Epson has and issues with the 4000 and 5040 lines with the power supply failure. The main frustration is that on Epson's website it says it is still under warranty, but when I call Epson they deny the warranty because I purchased from a 3rd party. The person I purchased it from is not being helpful and Epson won't budge. I am at a loss. I am wondering if anyone has fixed their projectors for this issue.
If the repair is going to be on your own dime try to find a repair facility near you.

https://epson.com/ServiceCenterLocator

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #3 of 3 Old 04-11-2019, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakalika View Post
Help!

Power supply replacement is fairly easy on Epson projectors, if you can find a replacement power supply, then a technician (or even someone with repair practice) can replace it. What's important is that you find a good working replacement part and don't spend much on labor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson , home cinema 4000 , repair , won't power on

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page