LED Projector contrast and color settings and lam life - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By AV_Integrated
  • 1 Post By bud16415
  • 1 Post By AV_Integrated

post #1 of 10 Old 04-20-2019, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LED Projector contrast and color settings and lam life

Hello,
Sorry for the stupid question. I know that brightness affects to lamp life. But i wonder contrast and color level how affect to lamp life. I have LG Largo PF1500 - EU version, which is with long lasting lamp, but i feel good only when the contrast is not less than 95% and color too 95%. Can someone answer concrete to that question? Also it is impossible to check how much lamp life remains in that model LG projector, i checked all possible menus.
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-20-2019, 03:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Color, brightness and contrast settings will have no effect on lamp life. Led light sources are not replaceable so if they fail the projector is a door stop. The only settings that effect light source life will be economy/full lamp power if available.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
post #3 of 10 Old 04-20-2019, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Please give me more opinions, as i do not believe that brightness setting does no affect the lamp life, even on LED projectors. My question is not about the brightness, but contrast and color. I know that the lamp is not replacable, that is why i will use the projector 1 or 2 years more and will resell it. I wantes to check how many hours is worked, but LG PF1500 EU does not have such menu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-10-2019, 02:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by User1982 View Post
Please give me more opinions, as i do not believe that brightness setting does no affect the lamp life, even on LED projectors. My question is not about the brightness, but contrast and color. I know that the lamp is not replacable, that is why i will use the projector 1 or 2 years more and will resell it. I wantes to check how many hours is worked, but LG PF1500 EU does not have such menu.
LG PF1500 EU (G) it has; please choose main menu and press red button on the remote control. After click the ok button it should shows how many hours watched.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-10-2019, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you, that you want to help me. I holded home button - the top rignt corner. I holded the red button but nothing happened. After that i holded it and at the same time holded OK button - nothing. Tried this in the settings menu too. Not only the red button, bual green, yellow and blue are not reaction. May be my firmware is old or i have not (G) version, mine is LARGO PF1500-EU software 03.00.03. Can you see which menu opens when you see working hours?
post #6 of 10 Old 05-10-2019, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1560 Post(s)
Liked: 1151
Contrast and color do not impact lamp life in any way at all.

Depending on how the LG handles the brightness of the LED's, it is most common for 'brightness' to impact lamp life. Since you said that isn't something you care about, then there is nothing more to ask about with that.

Hopefully you find a way to check total run time with that model.
msankadi likes this.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-10-2019, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
Contrast and color do not impact lamp life in any way at all.

Depending on how the LG handles the brightness of the LED's, it is most common for 'brightness' to impact lamp life. Since you said that isn't something you care about, then there is nothing more to ask about with that.

Hopefully you find a way to check total run time with that model.
My question is not about the brightness, if you have not noticed.
It is about contrast and color level and lamp life. Because they are at almost 100% in my case.
Regards.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-10-2019, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 2015 Post(s)
Liked: 1021
Quote:
It is about contrast and color level and lamp life. Because they are at almost 100% in my case.
Regards.
Contrast is the number of times brighter white a projector can produce as a ratio of the best black it can produce. If it outputs 1000 lumens bright and 1 lumen dark it has a CR of 1000:1

Color level or color gamut is not 2D it is a 3D space with brightness and darkness / white and black at its termination ends. HDR is an expanded color space from what we have used for many years it expanded in color range and also intensity of brightness.

So your question is in at least part about brightness.
msankadi likes this.

Bud
post #9 of 10 Old 05-10-2019, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1560 Post(s)
Liked: 1151
Quote:
I did notice, which is why I specifically said that brightness doesn't matter to this discussion, even though it is the ONLY thing which impacts lamp life.

Quote:
CONTRAST AND COLOR DO NOT IMPACT LAMP LIFE

Second time I'm saying that. Also said by someone else.

Contrast and color are created through the image processing engine, not by manipulation of the lamp. The lamp maintains the same brightness, which is the ONLY factor which impacts lamp life through settings. In reality, the top impact force for your lamp life is proper ventilation.
msankadi likes this.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-10-2019, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Good explained last 2 answers. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page