Just wanted to update you guys with a quick video of the final product some of you helped me put together:
Receiver turns on and sets output from TV to projector, projector powers on as it comes down (via Logitech Harmony, wifi relay, and custom built lift), screen drops (via a 12v trigger using a wifi relay), then every single light in the house dims or turns off to a "Movie" setting (via Lutron Caseta) and the smart thermostat drops the temperature.
• Projector is Epson 4010 (3 chip LCD, 4k HDR10 at 30hz for movies or no HDR at 60hz for sports)
• Screen is Elite Screens Cinegrey 5D Tab Tensioned 16:9 106" distanced 8.5ft from center seat.
• Receiver is the Onkyo TX-NR686 100w at 8 ohms with 4k HDR10.
• Left/right speakers are Pioneer Andrew Jones SP-FS52-LR
• Center is a BIC FH6-LCR EQ tuned with the highs dropped and the low/mids boosted to better blend with the warmer pioneer left/rights
• 4 surrounds are Yamaha NS-IW480CWH tuned only slightly warmer (less high fatigue during certain types of music)
• Subs are Pioneer SW-8MKS 100w (left), BIC America F12 475w (right)
• HDMI cable is 15m RUIPRO Fiber Optic (pushes 4k at all settings without trouble)
• Thermostat is an Ecobee connected to Alexa, IFTTT
We also set up the following general house automations:
• When we leave, every light dims or turns off to a "Gone" setting, the thermostat goes to "away" mode, the cameras notify to our phones for motion, and the Neato D5 vacuum activates (takes a couple hours to clean the entire house).
• When we come home, the vacuum goes back to base and everything happens in reverse
• Going to bed activates the thermostat, lights, etc
• Alexa is connected to Lutron Scenes for various things (the "Chill" light setting, for instance, turns off the 4000k daylight lights and turns on the warmer 3000k lights dimmed for a more relaxing atmosphere).