• 3 Post By dbpaddler
  • 3 Post By sage11x

post #1 of 3 Old 06-09-2019, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Headache with Benq TH671ST

I have been trying out the Benq TH671ST and 2150ST. I like the TH671ST better overall-- I use it in my living room on a white wall and am not strict about blocking ambient light, so I think the picture is better overall. Plus, I like the smaller size.

However, the TH671ST consistently gives me a mild headache shortly after starting to watch something. I do not experience this at all with the 2150ST. I have it in "Sport" mode on fast input delay and eco lamp mode. I turned the brightness down a bit and the color temp to cool and this helped my headache a bit.

Is it something in my settings between these two projectors, or could it be a difference with the type of lamp used in them? I plan on returning one of them and only have a few days left until the return window closes. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-09-2019, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 81
RBE I'm guessing? The TH671ST has a RGBYCM color wheel. The 2150ST has a RGBRGB color wheel. Maybe the RGBYCM is more susceptible to RBE and possible headaches.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
ruckus49, sage11x and ferbal like this.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-09-2019, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Quoted: 2636 Post(s)
Liked: 2584
Headache with Benq TH671ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
RBE I'm guessing? The TH671ST has a RGBYCM color wheel. The 2150ST has a RGBRGB color wheel. Maybe the RGBYCM is more susceptible to RBE and possible headaches.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I’m going to second this. My guess is you’re picking up on the rainbow effect due to the “2X” color wheel. The RGBRGB HT2150ST has an effective “4X” wheel for 60Hz content and an effective “5X” wheel for 24Hz film. It will have a far less chance of displaying RBE for the vast majority of people.

The other possibility is you have the projector set too bright. An overly bright image can also cause eye strain and headaches. Try backing off the lamp power or changing picture modes and see if that helps.
ruckus49, dbpaddler and ferbal like this.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Last edited by sage11x; 06-09-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page