Fengmi (峰米) Laser 4K Cinema - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #151 of 180 Old 01-02-2020, 12:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Streeter View Post
Hey disco74 thank you for the offer - very much appreciated. Currently I'm plugging the Xbox One X directly to the projector.
Here are the setting on my xbox one x
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-01-02 19.01.07.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	781.5 KB
ID:	2662854
disco74 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 180 Old 01-02-2020, 12:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Casey_Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 51
If anyone doubts the quality of a 4K HDR image that you can get out of this projector and other UST's like it, here are some pics ( wide shot, normal distance, and close-up) from the Irishman that just floored me when I saw it...and that's a streaming source (Netflix)!









BTW The Joker also has some amazing 4K HDR images that can't be missed!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191215_234505.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	323.5 KB
ID:	2662864   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191215_234436.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	578.7 KB
ID:	2662866   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191215_234449.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	729.8 KB
ID:	2662868  

Last edited by Casey_Bryson; 01-02-2020 at 12:34 PM.
Casey_Bryson is offline  
post #153 of 180 Old 01-02-2020, 01:42 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_Bryson View Post
I was able to get 4K HDR @ 60hz working on my 1st gen Roku Ultra. I would try a different cable (8K and shorter than 10feet just be on the safe side) and make sure you've got the latest version of software for your ROKU. I've had a lot of issues resolved with 8K HDMI cables. I used to routinely get 2.2 erros and video drop out with other 4K certified high speed cables.

Thanks Casey. I ordered some 6 foot cables from Amazon. Hopefully they do the trick.
tuber80 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #154 of 180 Old 01-02-2020, 05:09 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
What's in a name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_Bryson View Post
I got similar results on my PC and Roku Ultra using that youtube vid, but I wouldn't use that test as a good example of what it really means because no one watches test images.
Thank you for confirming that for me, Casey. It is good to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing the issue. As far as importance in the grand scheme of visual clarity: it doesn't cause me to lose sleep 😁. It still looks good - but hey (as long as being pedantic isn't a sin), so does 1080p. Faux-k can look better than 1080p. No one is debating that either. My argument is the Fengmi 4k projector is not 4K - even though the specs it publishes claim it as such. That is what test patterns like the one I shared are for, because eyeballing is shaky ground on which to base spec's (or to judge whether the purchased goods filled the bill). To be clearer, the Fengmi cinema 4k projector is not 4K as it does not produce a native resolution of 3840*2160 - it is faux-k though.

What does faux-k mean? Only that it's not 4K. There is less clarity to what faux-k means compared to when 1080i was still for sale. Which means that many different visual representations would qualify as faux-k. So any images that could be shown of what faux-k is compared to 4K representation really muddy the conversation. They could be representative of the difference between what Fengmi 4k (faux-k) projectors display vs the real deal, but, because there is no standard for faux-k, you still may be getting less than you expect. Fengmi should simply update their documentation because as it stands, they are misrepresenting their product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_Bryson View Post
Here are the "Microscope" pics I used in my decision to buy the Fengmi 4K cinema knowing it was using a .47 DLP chip with XPR/e-shift
You are right, at certain sizes/distances 4K output is indiscernible from 1080p/720P/480P. It is, however, not unusual to fall with in the threshold of being able to differentiate between the images, especially when projected (isn't larger displays the reason you're buying a projector after all?)



Seems like, for most people projecting 80+, a microscope is not needed.
Marc Streeter is offline  
post #155 of 180 Old 01-03-2020, 11:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Casey_Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Streeter View Post
Thank you for confirming that for me, Casey. It is good to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing the issue. As far as importance in the grand scheme of visual clarity: it doesn't cause me to lose sleep 😁. It still looks good - but hey (as long as being pedantic isn't a sin), so does 1080p. Faux-k can look better than 1080p. No one is debating that either. My argument is the Fengmi 4k projector is not 4K - even though the specs it publishes claim it as such. That is what test patterns like the one I shared are for, because eyeballing is shaky ground on which to base spec's (or to judge whether the purchased goods filled the bill). To be clearer, the Fengmi cinema 4k projector is not 4K as it does not produce a native resolution of 3840*2160 - it is faux-k though.

What does faux-k mean? Only that it's not 4K. There is less clarity to what faux-k means compared to when 1080i was still for sale. Which means that many different visual representations would qualify as faux-k. So any images that could be shown of what faux-k is compared to 4K representation really muddy the conversation. They could be representative of the difference between what Fengmi 4k (faux-k) projectors display vs the real deal, but, because there is no standard for faux-k, you still may be getting less than you expect. Fengmi should simply update their documentation because as it stands, they are misrepresenting their product.



You are right, at certain sizes/distances 4K output is indiscernible from 1080p/720P/480P. It is, however, not unusual to fall with in the threshold of being able to differentiate between the images, especially when projected (isn't larger displays the reason you're buying a projector after all?)



Seems like, for most people projecting 80+, a microscope is not needed.

I used to be in the camp of calling it for what it is...not quite 4k, but look at what is happening in the 8K realm...it's a mess. I've got a true 4K set at 65" and any day of the week I'll take my 120" faux-k screen over it. There has been a lot of discussion over viewing distances and all that, but I sit way closer than most and I the image doesn't start to break down until I get closer than 7' feet. I really like the IMAX-big-immersive experience. I think some of those view distance charts are garbage and have been for a while. Even at 10 feet I can see a huge difference on a 65" screen that those charts say I shouldn't be able to see. This was true with 1080P too...same with 480p...a lot of those charts are bogus. I don't have better than 20/20 vision either. Maybe I'm reading/or interpreting it wrong. I'm not going to go there and we've probably gone back on forth on this too much. But you know what is really going to blow your mind....

THIS:




Don't ask me how or why, but it sure does look like it's resolving 4K ;-) I think it's just youtube and the fact that test patterns aren't really accurate on that platform, but still funny.

Just wait till you see my faux-4k 3D pics. I finally got full HD 3D (frame packed full SBS) working via MadVR and upscaled it from 1080p to 2160p and I compared it with a UHD blu-ray (Alita was the content) and man if I could barely see the difference. I FINALLY have 3D on par with the AMC Prime and IMAX 3D I'm so accustomed to and I'm happy as a kid on Christmas!!! Is it 4K3D? More to come on that...(pics, screen shot comparisons, etc...)

For now just say it with me: WTF???

EDIT: This thread is a good read on the how's and why- What Constitutes 4K? https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...tes-4k-14.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200102_233906.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	545.5 KB
ID:	2663470  

Last edited by Casey_Bryson; 01-03-2020 at 05:38 PM.
Casey_Bryson is offline  
post #156 of 180 Old 01-04-2020, 06:58 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello, I just made an account to comment in this thread. I picked up the fengmi 4k ust projector and got it set up last week with a 100" ALR screen from Telon on Alibaba.

Really loving this thing, but I have a concern. Similar to another poster I cannot get the projector to run at 60hz from my PC.

I'm powering it from a Zotac Nvidia geforce GTX 1070 card from the HDMI 2.0 port. The projector defaults to 30hz. I went into Nvidia control panel and made a custom resolution for 60hz, but the screen just goes dark at that frequency. I tried stepping Hz by Hz until it stopped working. Currently it runs at 47hz but no picture at 48hz or above.
Changing HDMI port on the projector makes no difference. I was using a 10ft HDMI 2.0 cable and saw the discussion about it being the cable and did some googling and saw others recommend a better cable for similar issues with other tvs.

Today I picked up a 3ft HDMI 2.1 8k cable from Canada Computer. It made no difference. Still works at 47hz and doesn't work at 48hzband above. I have not tried playing with any other timing settings in Nvidia control because I do not know where to start.

I have no other 4k 60hz sources to test in order to rule out the video card being the problem. I have a Nvidia Shield pro on the way, I will try it when it arrives next week. My goal is to ultimately use the shield for the projector so fingers crossed it works. If I can't get this thing to run at 60hz I will be very disappointed and may try to return it. I know with the high input lag it's not the perfect gaming screen, but if I can't even get it to run at 60hz that really kills even casual gaming.

Can anyone confirm that they are running the screen at 4k 60hz from a windows 10pc?
Someguywhotypes is offline  
post #157 of 180 Old 01-05-2020, 10:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Casey_Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I have no problems gaming on my windows 10 pc at 4k 60 hz in HDR but it took some doing to get there.

The sad thing is that it's probably still your cable. I went through 4 or 5 brands before I found some worthy, but 8k cables should have done the trick.

Here's the ones I use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WSPFM7X?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07XJMDBS9?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07K7XHM3R?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

The caivov's are the nicest cables I've seen for the price. Since I switched to these cables from 4 or 5 other 4k certified high speed cables I've had zero issues.


If it's not the cable it could be your source. If you don't have another source to test with (roku, ATV, etc...) I'd venture it's your settings or driver.

Try with a low setting of 8-bit and 4:2:0 and if successful ramp it up from there. Keep at it and you'll get there. 👍
Casey_Bryson is offline  
post #158 of 180 Old 01-06-2020, 12:30 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
That seems too strange. If a cable is rated as an "8k" hdmi 2.1 cable it should have the bandwidth to deal with anything that a pair of HDMI 2.0 ports can get up to?

One thing that makes me think it's not as simple as it being the cable is that it stopped responding at 48hz no matter what cable I use, wouldn't I at least see some variation in where it stops working if I try different cables? I'm hoping it's just my source, I will have another one to try in the next couple of days.

I'm using the "iCAN Premium HDMI V2.1 Cable, Certified, W/Ethernet, 3D, 10K @120 Hz, 48Gbps, Dynamic HDR, eARC, Game Mode VRR, M/M, 1M, Gold (C18052110)" Cable purchased from Canada Computers.
Someguywhotypes is offline  
post #159 of 180 Old 01-06-2020, 08:02 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Good news! I solved it. There is a setting which must be enabled in order to output 4k 60hz.

For anyone else having this problem: connect to an input source, press the menu button on the remote, scroll down to HDMI 2.0, and turn it to on.

All good as soon as I toggled that, I'm now getting 4k 60hz on my Nvidia Shield pro.
Someguywhotypes is offline  
post #160 of 180 Old 01-07-2020, 10:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
glad for you. i bought some new cables, still on the way.
By the way, where and how do you check whether it is 4k60p? i have denon x3500 and Panasonic ub420
aarn is offline  
post #161 of 180 Old 01-07-2020, 01:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Casey_Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Ahhh..thought you had already tried enabling HDMI 2.0. Like others have said it really should default to that and I can't think of any reason it would be at 1.4 as a default; it causes more harm than not.

Unfortunately there's no where on the projector to see input signal even with root and the mi projector tools. However you can usually see it from the source and your Denon receiver will show it under "Information" in the setup menu. I believe it's under General settings.

It's pretty amazing how this is a second generation product and it's still missing some basic features. If they had them and addressed a few small issues they could own the market at a fraction of the price. For now we just have to deal with them or pay double/quadruple the price. It's crazy.
Casey_Bryson is offline  
post #162 of 180 Old 01-07-2020, 03:06 PM
Newbie
 
Kromasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi everyone !

Does anyone know the type and number of fans on this projector?
I saw on another topic about a Xiaomi UST projector that someone managed to change the original ones.

Xiaomi mi ultra short 5000 ansi lumens laser projector

3 FANs : NoisBlockers M8-S3

Sorry I don't have enough posts to write links...

What do you think about that ?
Kromasm is offline  
post #163 of 180 Old 01-07-2020, 04:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Casey_Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromasm View Post
Hi everyone !

Does anyone know the type and number of fans on this projector?
I saw on another topic about a Xiaomi UST projector that someone managed to change the original ones.

Xiaomi mi ultra short 5000 ansi lumens laser projector

3 FANs : NoisBlockers M8-S3

Sorry I don't have enough posts to write links...

What do you think about that ?
Everything I've read said that even if you replace the fans it's not them that's creating the higher db noise; It's the color wheel. The color wheel speed can be modified in the engineering menu, but that's not something you want to touch for obvious reasons.
Casey_Bryson is offline  
post #164 of 180 Old 01-07-2020, 05:04 PM
Newbie
 
Kromasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_Bryson View Post
Everything I've read said that even if you replace the fans it's not them that's creating the higher db noise; It's the color wheel. The color wheel speed can be modified in the engineering menu, but that's not something you want to touch for obvious reasons.
Ok thank you for your comment. I wish the noise will not too much annoy me !
Kromasm is offline  
post #165 of 180 Old 01-07-2020, 06:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I checked the display frequency at the source. On my windows 10 PC and on the Nvidia Shield.

I was losing my mind until I found the HDMI 2.0 setting. I checked everything. I googled every combination of terms that I could think of to try to see if anyone had the same issue. I was dreading the thought of needing to buy more cables to test, haha.
Someguywhotypes is offline  
post #166 of 180 Old 01-08-2020, 10:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I still could not get 4k 60p. I turned on HDMI 2.0 in the projector. I was able to set 4k 60p in the Panasonic ub420 with the new cable. I tried connecting the Panny directly to the projector instead of through Denon x3500 avr. I tried playing Martian and Revelant. HDR is on. Still, I only got 4k 24p in BT2020. Not sure why.
aarn is offline  
post #167 of 180 Old 01-13-2020, 02:03 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello everyone.

I recently bought Fengmi 4K and mostly happy with it. No disturbing noise or any other problem. But I want to ask something. Please give me advice.

I am using these color settings generally:

Brightness: 48
Contrast: 42
Saturation: 40
Sharpness: 50
Hue: 52
Dynamic color: On
Dynamic contrast: On
Red Gain: 981
Green Gain: 897

I don’t know what to change when watching HDR. I know I have to enable HDMI 2.0. But other than that can someone suggest me HDR content settings I can use?

Also I understand from you that in order to use 4K 60hz hdr content without problem I need to buy 8K HDMI cables right?

Thank you in advance
cdakingtamudo is offline  
post #168 of 180 Old 01-13-2020, 02:04 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdakingtamudo View Post
Hello everyone.

I recently bought Fengmi 4K and mostly happy with it. No disturbing noise or any other problem. But I want to ask something. Please give me advice.

I am using these color settings generally:

Brightness: 48
Contrast: 42
Saturation: 40
Sharpness: 50
Hue: 52
Dynamic color: On
Dynamic contrast: On
Red Gain: 981
Green Gain: 897

I don’t know what to change when watching HDR. I know I have to enable HDMI 2.0. But other than that can someone suggest me HDR content settings I can use?

Also I understand from you that in order to use 4K 60hz hdr content without problem I need to buy 8K HDMI cables right?

Thank you in advance
I forgot to write blue gain 🙂 it is 883
cdakingtamudo is offline  
post #169 of 180 Old 01-13-2020, 07:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Hi,

Did try to play 3D movie on my fengmi + Telon 120 "
+ xiaomi 3D GLASS model « fm3dg2 » dlp link
+ Apple TV 4K + Plex server without success.

The file is a .mkv half SBS.

The glass try for 2-3 sec to synchronize « flicker »and stop after that without showing any success 3D.

My projector is in 3D mode.

Did try Apple TV setting in 4k hdr 60hz , 1080p hdr 60hz and 50 hz and many more without success.

Also did try to connect directly with my Macbook pro 2012 and HDMI cable.

Any suggestion ? Need a specific HDMI cable ??

Does the PS4 have 3D support?

Thanks
Mart


Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Garfield9988 is offline  
post #170 of 180 Old 01-13-2020, 05:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Casey_Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarn View Post
I still could not get 4k 60p. I turned on HDMI 2.0 in the projector. I was able to set 4k 60p in the Panasonic ub420 with the new cable. I tried connecting the Panny directly to the projector instead of through Denon x3500 avr. I tried playing Martian and Revelant. HDR is on. Still, I only got 4k 24p in BT2020. Not sure why.
try another source if you have one.
Casey_Bryson is offline  
post #171 of 180 Old 01-13-2020, 05:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Casey_Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdakingtamudo View Post
Hello everyone.

I recently bought Fengmi 4K and mostly happy with it. No disturbing noise or any other problem. But I want to ask something. Please give me advice.

I am using these color settings generally:

Brightness: 48
Contrast: 42
Saturation: 40
Sharpness: 50
Hue: 52
Dynamic color: On
Dynamic contrast: On
Red Gain: 981
Green Gain: 897

I don’t know what to change when watching HDR. I know I have to enable HDMI 2.0. But other than that can someone suggest me HDR content settings I can use?

Also I understand from you that in order to use 4K 60hz hdr content without problem I need to buy 8K HDMI cables right?

Thank you in advance
Usually you don't have to mess with Hue and I wouldn't touch it unless you're using a blue filter and a calibration disk. I'd try RGB before you go that route.

Your saturation seems low, but it depends on the content and source. The Ratio of red gain seems high compared to green and blue, but it could just be your unit; normally there is about 100 pts difference between all three.

Are you feeding it HDR and SDR? If so you should see a big difference in reds when Dynamic color is on or off. I have to leave it off for HDR otherwise the image is too green and vice versa for SDR.

You don't have to buy 8K for 4K60hz, but it's better to spend a few more bucks and not deal with the headache of cables rated for lower bandwidth, but not being up to spec.
Casey_Bryson is offline  
post #172 of 180 Old 01-13-2020, 05:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Casey_Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield9988 View Post
Hi,

Did try to play 3D movie on my fengmi + Telon 120 "
+ xiaomi 3D GLASS model « fm3dg2 » dlp link
+ Apple TV 4K + Plex server without success.

The file is a .mkv half SBS.

The glass try for 2-3 sec to synchronize « flicker »and stop after that without showing any success 3D.

My projector is in 3D mode.

Did try Apple TV setting in 4k hdr 60hz , 1080p hdr 60hz and 50 hz and many more without success.

Also did try to connect directly with my Macbook pro 2012 and HDMI cable.

Any suggestion ? Need a specific HDMI cable ??

Does the PS4 have 3D support?

Thanks
Mart


Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
I bought clones of the same glasses (fm3dg2) and they didn't block out the green when in 3D mode so the blacks were green; this is usually a sign of bad sync. It doesn't surprise me that they don't work that well as it's probably the same manufacturer and a quality control issue that we both experienced.

I'd try the Goswot's or it's clones that I mentioned. Much better glasses.
Casey_Bryson is offline  
post #173 of 180 Old 01-13-2020, 11:44 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_Bryson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdakingtamudo View Post
Hello everyone.

I recently bought Fengmi 4K and mostly happy with it. No disturbing noise or any other problem. But I want to ask something. Please give me advice.

I am using these color settings generally:

Brightness: 48
Contrast: 42
Saturation: 40
Sharpness: 50
Hue: 52
Dynamic color: On
Dynamic contrast: On
Red Gain: 981
Green Gain: 897

I don’️t know what to change when watching HDR. I know I have to enable HDMI 2.0. But other than that can someone suggest me HDR content settings I can use?

Also I understand from you that in order to use 4K 60hz hdr content without problem I need to buy 8K HDMI cables right?

Thank you in advance
Usually you don't have to mess with Hue and I wouldn't touch it unless you're using a blue filter and a calibration disk. I'd try RGB before you go that route.

Your saturation seems low, but it depends on the content and source. The Ratio of red gain seems high compared to green and blue, but it could just be your unit; normally there is about 100 pts difference between all three.

Are you feeding it HDR and SDR? If so you should see a big difference in reds when Dynamic color is on or off. I have to leave it off for HDR otherwise the image is too green and vice versa for SDR.

You don't have to buy 8K for 4K60hz, but it's better to spend a few more bucks and not deal with the headache of cables rated for lower bandwidth, but not being up to spec.


Thank you for your answer. I am using Apple TV 4K as a source. I am new to all these calibration stuff. How can i try RGB?

-Do you mind if you can share your picture settings with me? Both SDR and HDR? I can try different settings to choose for myself

-Also I am waiting for my silverticket 135” grey screen to be delivered. These settings is for wall. Maybe I need to change them after using it with screen. I can try a calibration disc

-Yes there is some difference in reds when turning on and off dynamic color.

-I will try 8K cables definitely
cdakingtamudo is offline  
post #174 of 180 Old 01-14-2020, 05:42 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello everyone, my rojector is on it way. It had root. Can anyone say worth it stay on root or recover stock firmware and take OTA update?
Is4x is offline  
post #175 of 180 Old 01-15-2020, 12:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Casey_Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdakingtamudo View Post
Thank you for your answer. I am using Apple TV 4K as a source. I am new to all these calibration stuff. How can i try RGB?

-Do you mind if you can share your picture settings with me? Both SDR and HDR? I can try different settings to choose for myself

-Also I am waiting for my silverticket 135” grey screen to be delivered. These settings is for wall. Maybe I need to change them after using it with screen. I can try a calibration disc

-Yes there is some difference in reds when turning on and off dynamic color.

-I will try 8K cables definitely
EDIT: Forgot to respond that RGB is your Red, Green, and Blue gain under Custom Color. Defaults are 1024 for each value which tend to produce a cool, blue picture.

Once you get your screen you'll need to make some minor adjustments. Check back a few pages in this thread and you'll find my settings. Usually only the brightness and contrast need to be adjusted based on the nits (1000, 4000, 10000) the HDR content was mastered for. Oh and turn off Dynamic Color for HDR of course.

Last edited by Casey_Bryson; 01-15-2020 at 04:43 PM.
Casey_Bryson is offline  
post #176 of 180 Old 01-15-2020, 12:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Casey_Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Is4x View Post
Hello everyone, my rojector is on it way. It had root. Can anyone say worth it stay on root or recover stock firmware and take OTA update?
Stay on root and get the latest MiProjectivity tools. I can't think of a single valid reason to go back once rooted.
Casey_Bryson is offline  
post #177 of 180 Old 01-15-2020, 07:28 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_Bryson View Post
Stay on root and get the latest MiProjectivity tools. I can't think of a single valid reason to go back once rooted.
Did you install the latest OTA update Before rooting? Or you installed root at moment when you got your projector?
Is4x is offline  
post #178 of 180 Old 01-16-2020, 07:28 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_Bryson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdakingtamudo View Post
Thank you for your answer. I am using Apple TV 4K as a source. I am new to all these calibration stuff. How can i try RGB?

-Do you mind if you can share your picture settings with me? Both SDR and HDR? I can try different settings to choose for myself

-Also I am waiting for my silverticket 135” grey screen to be delivered. These settings is for wall. Maybe I need to change them after using it with screen. I can try a calibration disc

-Yes there is some difference in reds when turning on and off dynamic color.

-I will try 8K cables definitely
EDIT: Forgot to respond that RGB is your Red, Green, and Blue gain under Custom Color. Defaults are 1024 for each value which tend to produce a cool, blue picture.

Once you get your screen you'll need to make some minor adjustments. Check back a few pages in this thread and you'll find my settings. Usually only the brightness and contrast need to be adjusted based on the nits (1000, 4000, 10000) the HDR content was mastered for. Oh and turn off Dynamic Color for HDR of course.
Ok, will try. Thank you
cdakingtamudo is offline  
post #179 of 180 Old 01-16-2020, 05:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Casey_Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Is4x View Post
Did you install the latest OTA update Before rooting? Or you installed root at moment when you got your projector?
I did the latest OTA before rooting. There was some discussion on the XDA boards that one of the older versions had a higher lumen output for the A300 which would theorectically extend itself to the Fengmi and Mijia versions, but in practice this was not the case. I tried it (the portion of it that Spocky said that was changed) and I didn't see any differences after going back and forth. I think the calibration files for the color is the only thing that improved between the versions. I didn't notice anything different either way.
Casey_Bryson is offline  
post #180 of 180 Old Yesterday, 01:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I just wanted to thank Casey_Bryson for posting his picture settings.
I have been a little underwhelmed by my projector recently but I used his settings and now I think it looks great.
disco74 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off