AVS Forum banner

Fengmi (峰米) Laser 4K Cinema

144K views 379 replies 95 participants last post by  rryshel 
#1 · (Edited)
Fengmi (峰米) Laser 4K Cinema

June holiday sales is now ongoing and the Fengmi(峰米) Laser 4K Cinema is available at attractive prices for limited time at selected retailers. This is basically the same as the Xiaomi4k with slightly different styling and higher lumens output. Model number is L176FCN.

Perfect for those on a tight budget. But a word of caution: Chinese internet purchase is not meant for the faint-hearted. Only proceed if you are prepared to accept total loss.

https://www.formovie.cn/main/cinema#projectionHead

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
gotta watch out for this lol

Can the anti - glare screen be moved into my elevator/stairs?

Elevator: the diagonal length of elevator door should be more than 2.5m and the depth more than 1.5m
Stairs: the width of turning shall be more than 2.5m, and the distance from handrail to wall shall be more than 1.4m

even the ad is similar to other similar ust :D

#3 ·
4K display, up to 150 inches large screen
1700 ANSI lumens
Built-in IR sensor to protect your eyes
HDR10 video decode
ALPD 3.0 display technique
Support bluetooth voice control
Support 3D
RAM: 2GB DDR3
ROM: 64GB EMMC
WIFI: 2.4G, 5G Dual band
bluetooth: 4.0
Display tech: 0.47 Inch DMD
Light source tech: ALPD
Standard resolution: 4K
Throw Ration: 0.23
Display size: 80 - 150 Inch
DC Power adapter: 200 - 240V 50/60Hz
Interface: HD 2.0b x 3, USB3.0 x 1, USB2.0 x 1, SPDIF x 1, Ethernet x 1, Audio out x 1, AV 3.5 in x 1
Size: 456 x 308 x 91mm
Weight: 7.5KG

Package Included:

1 x FENGMI 4K Cinema 4K Laser TV
1 x Remote Control
1 x Power Adapter

#10 · (Edited)
The 峰米4K has been loaded onto the orient express, making its way across the himalaya. Let's see if it arrives in one piece. Will find out soon if the fan noise issue plaguing the xm4K is fixed.

For those with a more refined taste, and find the spartan design of fengmi unappealing, the 250nits rated 光APPO A300 光峰臻彩 is now available.
https://www.appotronics.com/productlist_5/73.html

#15 · (Edited)
The FM showed up last night, taking just a week to make the trip across the hump. Impressive.
Here's a quick take:

1. There's enough English in the menu to make it intelligible to those who may feel somewhat language challenged.
2. It comes with a power button.
3. 4k60p@4.2.2-12bits HDR works.
4. Sound system is surprisingly competent, quite adequate for casual use.
5. Fan noise remains am issue, despite promises of the customer service that this would be fixed. The Lune4k, in comparison, sounds almost benign and fades into the background at 2m away, perhaps that's the reason why this remains the top selling 4K UST model during the mid-june sales.

The FM will probably find a home that's more forgiving of its flaws. Meanwhile, looking forward to the second half of the year that will see more new entries to the Chinese 4K UST market. Even coal mining company is getting into the act.:eek: These are exciting times indeed.

Attachments

#19 · (Edited)
The Fengmi is being marketed as a XM upgrade, so I would expect similar performance from both. I only had little time to play with it before giving it away to a local community centre. Billy Lynn did look OK, but Paddington 2 had the same marmalade issue.

Black level is adequate at best, as I suspect the low power pico chipset is used in both the FM and Lune. I don't have access to a reference monitor, so have no idea how a real 4000nits image or BT2020 should look like. But to these untrained eyes BT709 colour gamut coverage seems pretty decent, although I did not get a chance to test if SDR/BT2020 could be displayed properly.

The main issue with these cheap single laser dlp is achieving acceptable colour balance in HDR and SDR, and access to the low level adjustments in factory setting may be required. This is exposed in the Lune, but the FM has to be rooted first. FM also did not specify if the RGB colour wheel is used. That may complicate the calibration process.

Have fun with the FM.

#22 ·
Right now I have to decide if I get the Fengmi or the Mijia.
It seems a lot like electronics lotteries so that anything could happen when you buy either one of them.
Some have fan noise problems, others not.
Some have 3D problems, others not.
It depends if the guy who build your device had a good day.
I already ordered my XY Screen so that now the decision which projector to take has to be made.

#23 ·
The development of the video projection market is becoming increasingly clear, while the dinosaurs of the UPH lamp and classic focal length are losing more and more market share, while the curve for intelligent, laser and ultra-short focal length projectors is rising.

While waiting for the tests of the Optoma and BenQ laser UST and after those of the Xiaomi 4K and LG HU85LA, here are my conclusions on the Fengmi 4K, a DLP laser 4K projector (XPR X4) based on a Xiaomi system.

The article is bilingual, the first part in French and the second part in English. You will also find an overview table with contrast, brightness, color temperature, DeltaE and gamma values.

It's the fourth UST Xiaomi laser projector I'm testing and I always measure the same contrast, which is 2500:1, which is the best value a DLP projector can achieve with a 0.47 chip.

Another important point is that this projector has its user interface modified by the vendor (Android 6) and is available in several languages.

Have fun reading.

https://www.passionhomecinema.fr/blog/index.php/24/09/2019/test-fengmi-4k-lavis-de-gregory/

#24 ·
Good afternoon!
Does it not seem strange to you that the native contrast is close to the dynamic? And what only this manufacturer has such high contrast ratios on the 0.47 chip?
This is the contrast of the 0.95 chip, but no matter how the 0.47 chip!
I think that the manufacturer simply does not turn off the dynamic dimming of the laser, or simply makes it less aggressive.
Measuring contrast on a 1% and 2% white fill pattern might solve this puzzle.

#28 · (Edited)
I know I experience the least amount of lag in Monitor mode, then game...then the other modes. I'm playing Zelda: Link's awakening now and the difference is minimal so I use the user mode. In some preliminary tests I've experienced the most lag with 4 player Mario Kart, but when put in monitor mode it seemed to be acceptable.

The monitor mode looks the worst, but I removes all processing of the image: noise reduction, dynamic color, and dynamic contrast. I plan to mitigate the defects by using my Denon x3600H to add more color saturation and a darbee processor to add some depth/detail. Hopefully it won't add to the input lag.

I'm still curious to see if rooting it will improve the input lag or if it's even related.

#40 ·
Hey guys watching this (along with other threads) with great interest.....

I note some common issues with the Fengmi 4k, but wonder how prevalent they are in comparison to the amount of units that have been shipped?

I get that on a forum you are not going to get the average consumer visit to simply say they are having a trouble free time and the majority of comments raise will be to the devices detriment, but I am curious about how much of an issue those raised are in comparison to happy customers?

I am considering getting one of these as a replacement for our main room TV used for general viewing and gaming....

TIA.

#45 ·
That's a good question and always hard to gauge since you usually see lots of issues posted after the initial hype and excitement dies down after a release of anything on here. I haven't seen any issues with the Fengmi yet, but they are all manufactured by Fengmi and share similar parts so wi xiaou si (lol)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.