Current Value of Epson 5010 PJ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-20-2019, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Current Value of Epson 5010 PJ?

Hey gang. Apologies if this should go into the Classifieds forum, but I think this might be more effective being posted here. Folks shopping the Classifieds, will likely suggest a lower price or free.

I just purchased a 5040UB since I wanted a 4K capable PJ and am now looking to sell my 5010.

I have no idea what I should start at with asking price so hoping I can get a few of you to chime in -especially those who may have sold one of these recently via Craigslist, FB classified, the AVS forum (only found 1 recent post) or through word of mouth locally.

PJ has 1,800 hours of use and I have a spare bulb.

Spare bulb is not new -it was an open box deal that I couldn't pass on. I have been running the spare for several months just to make sure it worked fine. Original bulb only had about 1,500 hours on it (half in low energy mode/half in full power) when I swapped them. There was nothing wrong w my original bulb. Just wanted a spare and the price was right.

Have the original box, remote, manuals and an unused ceiling mount. The PJ is in perfect condition, no scratches, no abuse and only used for the last 2 years. I bought it 4 years ago but it was when the theater room was still under construction. Took longer to finish then expected.

I also have 2 pairs of Epson 3D glasses, 4 Panasonic and 2 Sony glasses. All work fine and 100% compatible.

Questions:

1) What should I list the PJ + ceiling mount for?
2) Include the Epson glasses or make them optional? ($50 for both)?
3) Likely sell the Panasonic and Sony glasses separately. $25 for Panasonic and $20 for Sony glasses seem reasonable?

Appreciate any comments you might have.

Marc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190618_205430.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	589.7 KB
ID:	2582402  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-20-2019, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Projectors after 3-4 years depreciate tremendously. I've had a half dozen projectors that I bought new ranging from around $10,000 to about $3,000 and I could not sell any of them after 3-4 years for more than a couple hundred dollars. They were all Epsons and Sonys. 95% depreciation. I currently have a 6010 and figure I can get maybe $200 out of it. The last few I just gave away to friends or relatives.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-20-2019, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 236
about two years ago I sold a 5030 for more than this current listing on Ebay. But that was 2 years ago. So I wouldn't expect too much from the sale of a 5010. Might be better just to keep it as a back up projector.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-20-2019, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchartra View Post
Hey gang. Apologies if this should go into the Classifieds forum, but I think this might be more effective being posted here. Folks shopping the Classifieds, will likely suggest a lower price or free.

I just purchased a 5040UB since I wanted a 4K capable PJ and am now looking to sell my 5010.

I have no idea what I should start at with asking price so hoping I can get a few of you to chime in -especially those who may have sold one of these recently via Craigslist, FB classified, the AVS forum (only found 1 recent post) or through word of mouth locally.

PJ has 1,800 hours of use and I have a spare bulb.

Spare bulb is not new -it was an open box deal that I couldn't pass on. I have been running the spare for several months just to make sure it worked fine. Original bulb only had about 1,500 hours on it (half in low energy mode/half in full power) when I swapped them. There was nothing wrong w my original bulb. Just wanted a spare and the price was right.

Have the original box, remote, manuals and an unused ceiling mount. The PJ is in perfect condition, no scratches, no abuse and only used for the last 2 years. I bought it 4 years ago but it was when the theater room was still under construction. Took longer to finish then expected.

I also have 2 pairs of Epson 3D glasses, 4 Panasonic and 2 Sony glasses. All work fine and 100% compatible.

Questions:

1) What should I list the PJ + ceiling mount for?
2) Include the Epson glasses or make them optional? ($50 for both)?
3) Likely sell the Panasonic and Sony glasses separately. $25 for Panasonic and $20 for Sony glasses seem reasonable?

Appreciate any comments you might have.

Marc
In March I sold a 5010 (Refurbished 6/18) on Ebay for $438 ($80 Shipping included) with Darbee DVP 5000, Video Processor. 283 hrs. on lamp and two Epson 3D glasses.

Turned out it cost $115 to ship so out -$35.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page