1.200 lumens for a 92" screen in a dark room? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-01-2019, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
1.200 lumens for a 92" screen in a dark room?

Hey, guys, a Spaniard over here.

First of all, congratulations for the forum and the community.

My wife and I have bought a house and one of the rooms are going to be a small cinema. The dimensions are 4 x 3 meters. The room will be partially conditioned, with dark walls but a light roof. The screen will be 92" white.

I'm thinking of buying the Epson TW5600 which has in eco mode and calibrated approximately 1200 lumens. I will project at 3 meters with ceiling mount.

The fear I have is that 1200 lumens may be too much for this screen size and the light reflections will make me lose a lot of contrast.

Should I worry about it? Do I buy a DLP with fewer lumens, for example the Optoma HD27e with 600 in eco and calibration mode?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-01-2019, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Liked: 547
No projector is too bright as it can always be tamed by settings or a ND filter. A gray screen to lower gain is always a good option to help reduce reflections and also taming an overly bright projector.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page