JVC RS15U Getting Red Warning Light & Orange Lamp Light With New Lamp! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-11-2019, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
JVC RS15U Getting Red Warning Light & Orange Lamp Light With New Lamp!

Does anyone know what could be causing the red warning light and orange lamp light to come on with a new lamp? This is the second new lamp this has happened with. I made sure to reset the lamp counter with the remote first.

If anyone has any idea on what might be causing this and how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-11-2019, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Quoted: 3787 Post(s)
Liked: 3001
Resetting the lamp counter has nothing to do with any lamp performance warning lights. It should describe in the user manual what the warning light combination you're getting indicates. If you don't have a user manual you should be able to download a pdf version from JVC's website.

Typically, warning lights that appear immediately after changing lamps indicates one of two things: Either the new lamp is not properly seated or it's an incompatible lamp. The odds of the lamp being incompatible with a projector go up dramatically if it's not a genuine replacement lamp as specified by the projector manufacturer. Unfortunately there are many cheap knock-off projector lamps available that cost a fraction of the price of a genuine replacement lamp but often perform poorly or even completely fail to perform and only generate warning lights.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-12-2019, 02:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeTheaterGuy2017 View Post
Does anyone know what could be causing the red warning light and orange lamp light to come on with a new lamp? This is the second new lamp this has happened with. I made sure to reset the lamp counter with the remote first.

If anyone has any idea on what might be causing this and how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
If it has happened with two new lamps, it is likely in the electronics. If you replaced the lamp only because it was dim, you can try putting that dim-but-worked lamp back in. If it does the same thing, then it makes electronics more likely. If it works but the two new don't, then you just got a bad source of new lamps.

Kirk Ellis
BenQ TK800 VuTec 122" Screen, Harmon Kardon AVR 247
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center, Energy Take 5 Surrounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-12-2019, 02:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeTheaterGuy2017 View Post

Strong possibility that the Ballast board has gone.

Last edited by HD-Dave; 07-12-2019 at 02:19 AM. Reason: co Grammar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page