Ht1085st Blower fan won't run - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-14-2019, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ht1085st Blower fan won't run

This all started with a bulb explosion several weeks ago. Replaced with an oem bulb that worked intermittently, then began generating a red light. Took it apart completely and found some more glass. Now the bulb doesn't light at all and the power light just flashed green (but no red anymore), which I have read can mean fans aren't running properly. Confirmed that the blower fan in the middle does not run when connected to the projector, but runs fine on its own connected to a separate power supply. Is there a sensor somewhere not working properly? Motherboard issue?

Hate to trash this thing for what seems like it should be an easy fix, but I'm out of ideas. Any thoughts?

Last edited by btrcp2000; 07-15-2019 at 09:05 AM. Reason: clean up garbage text that replaced every 's'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-15-2019, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

hopefully the above post is legible now. Android Chrome was kind enough to replace every letter S with crap
post #3 of 3 Old 07-18-2019, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

any thoughts at all? Benq says they can repair for $85 if I purchase at $249 bulb, plus whatever parts are needed. Probably not a good investment, so unless someone here has a better idea its destined for the landfill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page