Low end projector and Amazon Fire TV Stick - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-17-2019, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Low end projector and Amazon Fire TV Stick

Hi,

I have a relatively low end LESHP projector in my garage, and I hooked up a Fire TV Stick last night. The audio and video sound and look as expected, but one of the first things the Fire TV Stick does during setup is ask who makes your TV so that it can send the appropriate volume up/down IR signals from the Amazon remote. My projector does have an IR remote with it, but in the very large list of Fire TV Stick supported devices there is no "LESHP".

My question is, does anyone know of another brand who has similar IR codes to LESHP that I could choose from the list of supported devices? I can deal with using two remotes, but it would be simpler if I could control the volume using the Fire TV Stick's remote. I'm sure one of the devices in the quite large list must share IR codes with this device.

Thanks for any input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-18-2019, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I know it's not a direct answer to your question about ir codes etc. but just last night I set up a new Firestick 4k ($25 prime day deal) and it didn't ask for my brand of tv. All I had to do during initial setup was adjust volume on the firestick remote when prompted while the setup music was playing. Perhaps the newer units have improved ir learning?.?.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-18-2019, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenWH View Post
I know it's not a direct answer to your question about ir codes etc. but just last night I set up a new Firestick 4k ($25 prime day deal) and it didn't ask for my brand of tv. All I had to do during initial setup was adjust volume on the firestick remote when prompted while the setup music was playing. Perhaps the newer units have improved ir learning?.?.
Thanks for the reply KenWH.

I'd guess the device attempts to detect the unit it's plugged into initially via HDMI. The setup process asked me to adjust the volume using the Firestick remote, but when I pressed the volume button nothing happened. It then asked if the volume had adjusted, to which I replied "No". That's when it instructed me to choose the brand of the unit I plugged the Firestick into from a list of possibilities. It's this list that had no LESHP to choose from.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-18-2019, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 44
You may want to have a look around remotecentral.com . It's a forum dedicated to all things to do with remote controls for av, home automation, etc.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page