post #1 of 2 Old 07-18-2019, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Need some connection help

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble figuring out connection options for a projector

Right now I have a Vizio 5.1 sound bar that mainly has an optical in and a 3.5mm input; no HDMI in or HDMI out

I have an Nivida Shield that goes from the Shield, to the TV, and then optical from the TV to the sound bar.

I would like to get a projector for the room too; which would be on the opposite side of the room.

What options would there to hook up the projector?

I thought of a Firestick 4K at the projector and bluetooth the sound to the sound bar by buying a bluetooth receiver to the 3.5mm input of the sound bar; but I hear that can cause sync issues; and would the 3.5mm still bring the dolby/DTS or just stereo?

Thought of getting a wireless HDMI sender/receiver ($$) for the projector ; and then I would assume I would also need an HDMI splitter-type device (and audio extractor for the optical to the sound bar) from the shield to the TV/projector. On the same note, I can wire an HDMI all around the room, but would have to make it look nice and neat for wife approval (a lot of wire tracks I guess).

Any other ideas I am missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-18-2019, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Sound bars and projectors don't go together very well. The best solution is a HDMI switch with opt out for audio, their might be a splitter with opt out. I would get rid of the sound bar and get an AVR as its much more practical can even cost less and sound much better.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-1x2-HD...MAAOSw4ylccEcn

This will do what you need.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS

Last edited by rekbones; 07-18-2019 at 07:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page