Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #61 of 92 Old 12-02-2019, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 1
thanks,

what i can say, border is as i wrote 4cm,i can make detail photo if its needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 92 Old 12-02-2019, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livestrong Lance View Post
thanks,

what i can say, border is as i wrote 4cm,i can make detail photo if its needed.
How about an detailed evaluation on the 52alv , or or at least semi-detailed ?
post #63 of 92 Old 12-04-2019, 02:27 AM

hi,,

i dont have anything to compare, but details are pretty good, 4k is very detailed (see only few minutes and it was fantasy movie, so real movie would better,,nice color,black could be better but its in living room, so i count with that,,,

1080p still very nice
live stream like football...this is strage, when camera is out of zoom, it doesnt look bad but when zoom in, its nice.
3d not tested yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 92 Old 12-04-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
hi,,

i dont have anything to compare, but details are pretty good, 4k is very detailed (see only few minutes and it was fantasy movie, so real movie would better,,nice color,black could be better but its in living room, so i count with that,,,

1080p still very nice
live stream like football...this is strage, when camera is out of zoom, it doesnt look bad but when zoom in, its nice.
3d not tested yet.
Thanks for the report. Keep the details coming, as there are but a few owner reports so far anywhere !
post #65 of 92 Old 12-04-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan View Post
Thanks for the report. Keep the details coming, as there are but a few owner reports so far anywhere !

hi,,,in overall its pretty cool device,

you can stream data from mobile,or share you mobile screen,, but here e.g. when im sliding photos,, resolution is not fit,so its not very good( maybe i do something wrong) , but for quick presentation good enough...
if you have a good source ( as far what i tried was still only torrent files, not original movies..) output is very cool (for normal peopel)....there is another aspect of watching and its audio parts,, im waiting to get atmos configuration (5.1.2) so experience will be in another level indeed.....(currently only speakers from PJ ) ..

there is also alexa,,on/off only yet.....(volume/source not configure yet..) ...but its funny

regarding noise,, no problem at all..you can hear it but its not annoying....
im waiting for 3d glasses,,will see..

if you have any tips how to make any test,,let me know....in overall im very satisfied...within next 6-12 months,i will buy screen, for better colors...which are not bad ( just know that screen could make it better)..
also i have to try to play with configuration of PJ..but no time

what is pissed me off, is that video screen size is sometimes in different scale,,, you know,, not whole screen which is available..but its cut for more widescreen,,i have to read someething why is that
post #66 of 92 Old 12-04-2019, 08:47 PM

[QUOTE=Livestrong Lance;

"if you have any tips how to make any test,,let me know....in overall im very satisfied...within next 6-12 months,i will buy screen, for better colors...which are not bad ( just know that screen could make it better)..
also i have to try to play with configuration of PJ..but no time "

Yes , definately get a screen as soon as possible. You need to calibrate also. Put the spears and muncil disc on your short list of what to purchase, and do at least that calibration to get decent colors and black levels set. I was going to ask you to watch a few movies, and then evaluate some more, but , without a proper screen,
it wouldn't mean much.

thanks for the updates.
post #67 of 92 Old 12-04-2019, 09:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:

what is pissed me off, is that video screen size is sometimes in different scale,,, you know,, not whole screen which is available..but its cut for more widescreen,,i have to read someething why is that

More details?
Source?
When does this happen?
post #68 of 92 Old 12-05-2019, 04:36 AM

Quote:

Yes , definately get a screen as soon as possible. You need to calibrate also. Put the spears and muncil disc on your short list of what to purchase, and do at least that calibration to get decent colors and black levels set. I was going to ask you to watch a few movies, and then evaluate some more, but , without a proper screen,
it wouldn't mean much.

thanks for the updates.

somewhere i read that there are exists optimal configuration settings for specific PJ,, is it true?

anyway, its good to wait for official reviews from professional i guess

if i can ask,, what screen would you suggest ? white or gray? (i think it depends from environment and room settings ?
post #69 of 92 Old 12-05-2019, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
More details?
Source?
When does this happen?

when im watching TV (news, some stupid series,whatever),, whole screen is fullfild,,then starts some movie, and screen is cut above and bottom,,,,some old movies shows only 4:3 ,some 16:9 or 16:10 ..

so i guess,final output size depends of source i think. as i wrote..have to read something about that.,.
post #70 of 92 Old 12-05-2019, 05:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
when im watching TV (news, some stupid series,whatever),, whole screen is fullfild,,then starts some movie, and screen is cut above and bottom,,,,some old movies shows only 4:3 ,some 16:9 or 16:10 ..

so i guess,final output size depends of source i think. as i wrote..have to read something about that.,.
You mean black bars?
That is normal, if the image was stretched to the entire screen the image would be distorted.

Quote:
somewhere i read that there are exists optimal configuration settings for specific PJ,, is it true?

if i can ask,, what screen would you suggest ? white or gray? (i think it depends from environment and room settings ?
There are no optimal settings, not only are the setups different, but there are variations in the projectors themselves. The same model. Not to mention user preference.

What color are your walls?
What is the seating distance?

It's very recommended to use the projector for a few weeks on a wall to get an idea of what is best.

There is no universal value for seating to screen distance, it's very user specific.
A very general recommendation is 10-12 inches in diagonal for every foot in distance.

If the walls are white/bright colored and the screen is not too large (over 110-120") a grey screen could work. Generally speaking, it will improve blacks at the cost of color and white peaks.
Thread on this subject:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-sc...op-whites.html
post #71 of 92 Old 12-05-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:

Settings are room environment and equipment specific. You can find all kinds of settings for a certain projector from most thorough reviews. Pay attention to the reviewers room environment.
Your room will be different. So will your settings. As far as screens go, spend some time on the screen forum , and read up as much as possible. Prepare to be thoroughly confused ! What you will learn in a nutshell is to prepare your room to be as friendly as possible, to project a good image. Good luck ! If your not going to get the PJ professionally calibrated (most people with an under $2000 proj. don't), then spring for the Spears & Muncil 4k disc or something similar to get some decent settings.

Also , do some reading in this thread ;https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...ter-image.html

Last edited by cubsfan; 12-05-2019 at 12:51 PM.
post #72 of 92 Old 12-09-2019, 02:39 AM

Quote:
You mean black bars?
That is normal, if the image was stretched to the entire screen the image would be distorted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-dUveGINTg
yes black bars ..now its clear
so 2.39:1 is a real cinema format ...(4k movies which i tested has such format..) as you said,its normal but...a lot of space screen is unusable.

Quote:
What color are your walls?
What is the seating distance?
wall is white and seating distance 3,5m

size is/will be (when others parts like speakers , tv table will be on place) 100-120"

Quote:
It's very recommended to use the projector for a few weeks on a wall to get an idea of what is best.

There is no universal value for seating to screen distance, it's very user specific.
A very general recommendation is 10-12 inches in diagonal for every foot in distance.

If the walls are white/bright colored and the screen is not too large (over 110-120") a grey screen could work. Generally speaking, it will improve blacks at the cost of color and white peaks.
Thread on this subject:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-sc...op-whites.html
i think, i will borrow white and grey screen before buy to make some test
thanks for hint/link

Last edited by Livestrong Lance; 12-09-2019 at 03:07 AM.
post #73 of 92 Old 12-09-2019, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Settings are room environment and equipment specific. You can find all kinds of settings for a certain projector from most thorough reviews. Pay attention to the reviewers room environment.
Your room will be different. So will your settings. As far as screens go, spend some time on the screen forum , and read up as much as possible. Prepare to be thoroughly confused ! What you will learn in a nutshell is to prepare your room to be as friendly as possible, to project a good image. Good luck ! If your not going to get the PJ professionally calibrated (most people with an under $2000 proj. don't), then spring for the Spears & Muncil 4k disc or something similar to get some decent settings.

Also , do some reading in this thread ;https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...ter-image.html

PJ is in the living room on the ceiling mount, so there is not much space to make a big maneuver (there is a wife element - when i made a holes into the ceiling after reconstruction for atmos speakers, i don't think that another action will be approved ) ,,, currently I have to choose the hangings, what color is the best? screen is right next to the wall ... currently only white drape are behind a windows, and the light from the scree_wall is falling on them ,,, so black hangings could help? sorry for English - new words
thanks for link, (~ 7000 posts )

i make some pic afternoon

Last edited by Livestrong Lance; 12-09-2019 at 03:10 AM.
post #74 of 92 Old 12-09-2019, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
yes black bars ..now its clear
so 2.39:1 is a real cinema format ...(4k movies which i tested has such format..) as you said,its normal but...a lot of space screen is unusable.

wall is white and seating distance 3,5m

size is/will be (when others parts like speakers , tv table will be on place) 100-120"

i think, i will borrow white and grey screen before buy to make some test
thanks for hint/link
The screen should not be chosen until the projector is used on a wall for a few weeks.

A VERY GENERAL recommendation is 10-12 inches in diagonal for every foot in distance.
3.5m=11.48ft
That's between 115 and 137 inches.

Over 120" a grey screen might not be feasible, it depends on the gain of the screen.

Ambient light can wash out the image.
Demonstration:
https://www.facebook.com/projectiond...2721894385217/

This projector does not have that great black level to begin with, but treating the room for reflections will help, if possible.
Of course, if the room can be treated properly a projector with better black levels an be used, like the Epson TW9400/6050UB in the US, or 5050UB (not available outside US).
post #75 of 92 Old 12-09-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
The screen should not be chosen until the projector is used on a wall for a few weeks.

A VERY GENERAL recommendation is 10-12 inches in diagonal for every foot in distance.
3.5m=11.48ft
That's between 115 and 137 inches.

Over 120" a grey screen might not be feasible, it depends on the gain of the screen.

Ambient light can wash out the image.
Demonstration:
https://www.facebook.com/projectiond...2721894385217/

This projector does not have that great black level to begin with, but treating the room for reflections will help, if possible.
Of course, if the room can be treated properly a projector with better black levels an be used, like the Epson TW9400/6050UB in the US, or 5050UB (not available outside US).

definitely it should not be over 120" ,,,anyway i do not want it ,its big now ...
to video: just,, wow .. ,ok so black is the right one color....

i have 3m ceiling high, so screen will be probably tailor-made...

thanks
post #76 of 92 Old 12-10-2019, 01:39 AM

some pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	2651874   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	2651876   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	2651878   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	2651880   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	2651882  

post #77 of 92 Old 12-10-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
some pic:
ya , you have a bit of a problem with all the white paint. You will definately need some help with the reflections off of the walls and ceiling.
Look into the "blacker the theatre thread " about the triple black velvet material, and some of the panels built with it, to help you with the wife acceptance factor.
If you make something stylish, she should be "accepting" to it, if it looks professionally done. Blackout drapes for the window ,will be a must. They have double sided colors available.
Dark painted colors also help, but good luck with that. You'll still need help with a white ceiling .
Do what you can, and good luck !
post #78 of 92 Old 12-10-2019, 10:56 AM

you would think there would be some reviews on this pj by now !
post #79 of 92 Old 12-10-2019, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Quote:
you would think there would be some reviews on this pj by now !
The UHD51A was widely reviewed, but there was only one review published for the UHD51ALV...so I'm guessing you shouldn't hold your breath for a UHD52ALV review, although Kraine ( https://www.passionhomecinema.fr/blog/ ) has stated that he will review it.
post #80 of 92 Old 12-10-2019, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I ordered from Amazon and due Thursday so should know by weekend if it will replace my Epson 1060 (first projector) or wait on the TK850. I would have to move the ceiling mount at least a foot back for my 110 screen or stay put for the 850.
Brajesh and DunMunro like this.
post #81 of 92 Old 12-10-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markster27 View Post
I ordered from Amazon and due Thursday so should know by weekend if it will replace my Epson 1060 (first projector) or wait on the TK850. I would have to move the ceiling mount at least a foot back for my 110 screen or stay put for the 850.
waiting anxiously for your impressions ! please fill us in, after you dial it in a little.
post #82 of 92 Old 12-11-2019, 11:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The Optoma UHD52ALV projecting onto a 200in painted screen:

Pretty Impressive! I want one!

Another short test:

Brajesh and noob00224 like this.

Last edited by DunMunro; 12-11-2019 at 11:17 PM.
post #83 of 92 Old 12-11-2019, 11:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunMunro View Post
The Optoma UHD52ALV projecting onto a 200in painted screen:

Pretty Impressive! I want one!

Another short test:
That is impressively bright.

The grey screen looks around 0.7 or so.

What lamp mode and preset were used?
post #84 of 92 Old 12-11-2019, 11:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That is impressively bright.

The grey screen looks around 0.7 or so.

What lamp mode and preset were used?
The projection modes were not stated, but by default Dynamic Black should be active and if those were HDR videos, the projector would activate HDR mode, which on the Optoma's is a separate mode from the other SDR modes, such as Cinema or Reference.
post #85 of 92 Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked: 304
I'm really debating whether to buy this or the BenQ HT3550, which is $300 less. I had the Optoma UHD51A, which was sharper than BenQ HT2550 when both were initially released. But, never tried BenQ HT3550, which many reviews indicate having a bit of a softer PQ compared to Optoma. On the other hand, BenQ appears to have better colors. Tough decision!

Hi-deft Media Keen Videosaurus
post #86 of 92 Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post
I'm really debating whether to buy this or the BenQ HT3550, which is $300 less. I had the Optoma UHD51A, which was sharper than BenQ HT2550 when both were initially released. But, never tried BenQ HT3550, which many reviews indicate having a bit of a softer PQ compared to Optoma. On the other hand, BenQ appears to have better colors. Tough decision!
UHD52ALV is not really comparable to the HT3550 but rather is really closer, IMHO, to the TK800M. The UHD51A is much more comparable to the HT3550.

If you have a 100in or smaller screen, then the HT3550 is pretty tough to beat. As you can see the UHD52ALV can light up a 200in lower gain screen and I'd imagine the TK800M or UHD51ALV would be similar in performance.
post #87 of 92 Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yup, been leaning toward BenQ HT3550. Sharpness was the only concern as you'd want that w/4K, but the RGBW wheel also boosts brightness at the cost of color accuracy & blacks on Optoma UHD52ALV.

post #88 of 92 Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yup, been leaning toward BenQ HT3550. Sharpness was the only concern as you'd want that w/4K, but the RGBW wheel also boosts brightness at the cost of color accuracy & blacks on Optoma UHD52ALV.
It's actually an 8 slice RGBWRGBW colour wheel and while I'd expect some reduction in colour saturation and gamut, it shouldn't have much effect on black levels.

How big is your screen? The UHD51A, which you've had is somewhat brighter than the HT3550.
post #89 of 92 Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Will be getting either a 120" or 133" screen, but will have a mostly light-controlled room.

post #90 of 92 Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Will be getting either a 120" or 133" screen, but will have a mostly light-controlled room.
With those intended screen sizes I'd be inclined to look for a refurbed HT5550 or stick with the UHD51A. At 133in diagonal (16x9) you are looking at less ~15fl in cinema mode, according to most reviews, compared to ~25fl for the UHD51A.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page