Benq tk850 (No Price Talk) - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 439Likes

post #751 of 753 Old 05-22-2020, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
I would go with a grey screen because what is the point of hdr hightlights if the image looks washed out. You can get some samples to get an idea:
https://www.silverticketproducts.com...terial-samples

For painting the screen should be smooth and white. Without seeing in live you don't know if it has a texture that will cause problems. Should be workable.

LE2: Grey screen do not affect color accuracy. Unless it's a badly designed product. That silver screen is basically a negative gain screen.
Thanks. Based on your feedback and what others have reported in this thread, I have decided to go with the grey screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 753 Old 05-22-2020, 11:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1762 Post(s)
Liked: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGemini View Post
Thanks. Based on your feedback and what others have reported in this thread, I have decided to go with the grey screen.
But why not get the samples? They're 5 bucks. Doesn't matter if they're from Silver Ticket, these screens fabrics are very similar.
post #753 of 753 Old 05-23-2020, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
But why not get the samples? They're 5 bucks. Doesn't matter if they're from Silver Ticket, these screens fabrics are very similar.
Ya... Perhaps I will do that as I'm still debating white or grey.

I wanted to get my screen order in asap so that I can get this all setup and tested before going on vacation in a few weeks. I'm more concerned about having an opportunity to test the projector within the return period than I am about the screen; I want to make sure there are no issues that others have experienced on occasion, split screen, high noise, RBE etc. Whatever screen I get I will stick with, but there is a slim chance I may need to return the projector and either get something different or wait for the next iteration.

The majority of our watching is at night, so ambient light will be much less of an issue. Our daytime watching will mostly be sports and cartoons sort of thing, content that is brighter and doesn't have a lot of dark scenes. My understanding is that sports don't have a lot of blacks/darks, so maybe a white screen would be better for that, to get more vibrance, unless the ambient light ruins that. On the flip side, at night when watching shows/movies, even though there will be no lights, I still think that a grey screen will provide better darks and more contrast. Based on all the reviews and videos I've watched comparing screens, I think that grey would be the better choice overall, but it will never produce the pop that a white screen will.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page