Viewsonic Pro8200 not turning on ;( - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-21-2019, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Viewsonic Pro8200 not turning on ;(

I was given a Viewsonic pro8200 projector from a friend who was moving, it's worked great for about a year now, recently I would turn it on via the remote and the blue light would flash yet the bulb didn't kick on. I would repeat that process and it would usually kick on after a few tries.

Now it just immediately shows a red light then the blue light but no fans no sounds no bulb light.

I assume it's just time for a bulb replacement altho after taking it out i don't see that it's discolored or looks to be blown, is there anything else i can check or do to confirm it's just the bulb?

I thought I remember someone saying once there was some sort of thermal reset but i don't see where or how i'd do that if there was inside here at least where you replace the bulb itself. The last usage of this was my kids on some harry potter marathon, they swore it didn't kick off or do anything weird but the next day I went to use it I got nothing....

So a new bulb is my thought on this but any other input or things I could should do or check I am open to input.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-21-2019, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Its an ARC lamp so it has no filaments. Check the owners manual it should say what the lights mean. You can't tell by looking at it to see if it is defective either trying it in another projector or replacing it with a known good lamp is the only way to test it. Genuine lamps are expensive and the cheap knockoffs are hit or miss so unless the error indication from the manual says its the lamp its a very expensive proposition to see if a new lamp will work.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
post #3 of 5 Old 09-21-2019, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones View Post
Its an ARC lamp so it has no filaments. Check the owners manual it should say what the lights mean. You can't tell by looking at it to see if it is defective either trying it in another projector or replacing it with a known good lamp is the only way to test it. Genuine lamps are expensive and the cheap knockoffs are hit or miss so unless the error indication from the manual says its the lamp its a very expensive proposition to see if a new lamp will work.

All I found in the manual was pretty vauge, I will order up a new aftermarket bulb on amazon and cross my fingers it pops back on for me

Troubleshooting

Start-up problems
If no lights turn on:
Be sure that the power cord is securely connected to the projector and the other end
is plugged into an outlet with power.
Press the power button again.
Unplug the power cord and wait for a short while, then plug it in and press the power
button again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-21-2019, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLOSM View Post
All I found in the manual was pretty vauge, I will order up a new aftermarket bulb on amazon and cross my fingers it pops back on for me

It’s not that vague. Check page 38.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 Old 09-22-2019, 12:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLOSM View Post
Very bad idea as you have close to a 50/50 chance the aftermarket lamp will even work if the projector has no other problem. If it does work great but if it doesn't you still won't know if its the lamp or the projector. Like I said aftermarket lamps are a crap shoot.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page