Optoma HD131xe will not turn on - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-03-2019, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Optoma HD131xe will not turn on

I only use this for football games so it has been off for several month. I tried turning it on and all I get is the blinking green light. I unplugged the power and waited several minutes but the results were the same. It has very few hours of use. Any suggestions? Is it worth fixing? Thanks, Mitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-03-2019, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Liked: 547
It depends on your skill level. First check the manual and see what the flashing green light means. Electronics on a whole don't do well from lack of use especially if the humidity is ether high or low. Moisture creeps into contacts and oxidizes them causing poor connections. Possible disassembling and reseating all the delicate connectors may possibly fix your issue. Taking it to a professional or BenQ is most likely too expensive to make it worth it.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
post #3 of 3 Old 10-04-2019, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks, flashing green light means it is warming up, but after 30 minutes it should lite up. Your right it is not worth taking it in. I am looking for a female to female serial cable at work tomorrow to see if I can access the menu, if not I will inspect the bulb and see if there are any loose connections. It was a good projector with a nice picture. Great to watch sport games on a 92" screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page