Epson 7000/3200 4K projector vs full-hd models
Epson is now shipping their new 4K projectors, 7000 (3200) and 7100 (3800). I was happily planning to wait longer for an update but there are some very good looking deals in my area now, and I'm looking for opinions.
My options (just imagine these are dollars if that helps):
* Epson 5650 (2150), 650€
* Epson 6700 (3700), 845€
* Epson 7000 (3200), 845€
The problem is, I can justify each of these:
* First one is a really good deal and should be easily good enough
* Second one is even a better deal, a true and tested model. It *is* better than 5650/2150, right? I'm hard-pressed to find any direct comparisons for some reason.
* The new 7000/3200 is quite similar in specs to 6700/3700, but with 4K for future proofing! Problem: not a single review is to be found. Is there a risk it's not as good with full hd content?
I currently have only full hd video sources, no immediate plans for 4K. Maybe during the life span of the projector though -- my current device is 8 year old 720p BenQ W600+ (which also means that I'm probably very happy with any upgrade I end up choosing).
* 167" diagonal picture
* 570cm (18.7ft) throw distance
* 1.54 throw ratio. All options can do this
* Only movies, only in dark-ish (because that's all my BenQ can do for 167" picture)
* White non-smooth wall
Any opinions? What would you do? Should I just wait for reviews for 7000/3200 and hope the good offers last long enough? Also, please let me know if there are already reviews/discussion on the new models and I've just missed them in my search.