Need some help with projector selection - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-13-2019, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Need some help with projector selection

Deleted.

Last edited by genaccmiller; 10-13-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-13-2019, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by genaccmiller View Post
Folks - I have attached my room dimensions for a basement theater room I am constructing. I am doing an AT screen. Given the room dimensions, it seriously limits my projector choices. I had earlier decided to use an Epson 4010. However, it has a depth dimension of 17.7 inches. Adding 4 more inches (from back wall) gives it about 21.7 inches to the front of the lens. My LCR are JBL Studio 590s and are 16.25 inches depth. Adding another 4 inches for gap around it brings it to 20.25 inches. Now adding the two dimensions about brings us to 41.95 inches. Adding another 2 inches for the screen wall brings us to 43.95 inches or round it up to 44 inches. Now subtracting this from the room length of 185.625 inches gives me 141.625 inches or 11.8 feet. Based on not extending to the full zoom range and leaving at 1.55X zoom will only give an 85 inch image size on a spandex with 0.7 gain. If I extend the zoom out fully to 2.1X, I can have the image size at 119 inches. However, extending the zoom fully is being frowned upon. Therefore, I think I may be out of luck on using the Epson 4010; its a shame. Back to the drawing board to find a shorter throw projector. Perhaps may need to go with BenQ. Does anyone have experience on what the optimal zoom needs to be? The issue is I need flexibility from vertical and horizontal lens shift perspective and I don't believe the BenQ offers that.
Maybe find a dealer who will allow you to return without any restocking fee as long as you buy another projector. Then you can test out the 4010 to see if max zoom has the negative effect you think it will.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page