TK800M Light Border - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-14-2019, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
TK800M Light Border

As a plasma / OLED user, I'm new to the world of projectors. I've been doing my research and I've settled on a few projectors. One of the ones I'm looking at is the TK800M which I've read gets rid of the light border around the outside of the image. I've gotten conflicting information on this.

#1 - Does the .47 chip get rid of the light completely or is there still a grey border present?

#2 - If there is still a smaller light border, is there a way to use the TK800M w/ an Elite Screens Edge Free Aeon ALR screen? Or will you still see the border?

This screen:
https://www.amazon.com/d/Projector-S...00M3D222Q?th=1

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-14-2019, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2811 Post(s)
Liked: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboucher790 View Post
As a plasma / OLED user, I'm new to the world of projectors. I've been doing my research and I've settled on a few projectors. One of the ones I'm looking at is the TK800M which I've read gets rid of the light border around the outside of the image. I've gotten conflicting information on this.

#1 - Does the .47 chip get rid of the light completely or is there still a grey border present?

#2 - If there is still a smaller light border, is there a way to use the TK800M w/ an Elite Screens Edge Free Aeon ALR screen? Or will you still see the border?

This screen:

https://www.amazon.com/d/Projector-S...00M3D222Q?th=1

Thanks in advance.

Regardless of the projector you choose I would recommend a screen with a slim felt border. Just for your own sanity. A border can not only hide overshoot but it can help with less than perfect installs.

To answer your question, the TK800M has a very thin strip of unused light around it’s picture. It is NOTHING like the first generation 4K DLPs but it is there. Whether or not you’d see it or even find it objectionable is difficult to answer as it depends on a great many things.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page