• 1 Post By soyhakan

post #1 of 5 Old 11-07-2019, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Epson 5050 + madvr settings?

Wasn't sure the best place for this question, so I picked here. I've setup madvr and MPC-HC on my HTPC to the 5050 and am looking for suggestions for HDR settings by other 5050 owners. Reading through setup guides seem to recommend tone mapping so madvr can have an appreciable improvement in IQ. I just don't know a good starting point (just got it working yesterday and left madvr on HDR passthrough). Is anyone willing to share their madvr settings with the 5050?

Epson HC5050UB | 110" DEA Infinity Edge FF | Marantz NR-1607 | Kodi HTPC | Panasonic DP-UB820 | PS4 Pro
JimK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-08-2019, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Sclaws View Post
Wasn't sure the best place for this question, so I picked here. I've setup madvr and MPC-HC on my HTPC to the 5050 and am looking for suggestions for HDR settings by other 5050 owners. Reading through setup guides seem to recommend tone mapping so madvr can have an appreciable improvement in IQ. I just don't know a good starting point (just got it working yesterday and left madvr on HDR passthrough). Is anyone willing to share their madvr settings with the 5050?
There is a discussion already. You can use other users settings.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...projector.html
--Sclaws likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-08-2019, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
I just started running MadVr with a 5050 today, and I’m getting the dreaded pink/purple tinted screen. Has something to do with the color RGB setting so I’m troubleshooting it.

There is a lot of development going on with MadVr as you can see in the thread linked above. The latest builds will be linked ther. The highest quality image should be to do tone mapping with MadVr and click the check box so that HDR is not being triggered. This will setup dynamic tone mapping which takes a pretty strong GPU. I’ll let you know If I make progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-08-2019, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danonano View Post
Quote:
I just started running MadVr with a 5050 today, and I’️m getting the dreaded pink/purple tinted screen. Has something to do with the color RGB setting so I’️m troubleshooting it.

There is a lot of development going on with MadVr as you can see in the thread linked above. The latest builds will be linked ther. The highest quality image should be to do tone mapping with MadVr and click the check box so that HDR is not being triggered. This will setup dynamic tone mapping which takes a pretty strong GPU. I’️ll let you know If I make progress.
Thx for the response and tips. The madvr threads are certainly loaded with info... It's a bit overwhelming, but I'm not deterred. I reread some kodi guides and think those got me on the right track with configuration. Certainly will take some time until I'm sure I'm getting the best out of this with the 5050 but I think it'll be worth the effort.

Epson HC5050UB | 110" DEA Infinity Edge FF | Marantz NR-1607 | Kodi HTPC | Panasonic DP-UB820 | PS4 Pro
JimK
post #5 of 5 Old 11-09-2019, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5355 Post(s)
Liked: 3479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danonano View Post
I just started running MadVr with a 5050 today, and I’m getting the dreaded pink/purple tinted screen. Has something to do with the color RGB setting so I’m troubleshooting it.

There is a lot of development going on with MadVr as you can see in the thread linked above. The latest builds will be linked ther. The highest quality image should be to do tone mapping with MadVr and click the check box so that HDR is not being triggered. This will setup dynamic tone mapping which takes a pretty strong GPU. I’ll let you know If I make progress.
IF you're having problems displaying BT2020 on your projector you could try tone mapping to BT709 instead. Then you'll basically output the video at the same color space that's working on desktop presumably not in pink.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page