29Likes

post #31 of 196 Old 02-12-2020, 05:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiQLASER View Post
Hi, from the projector home screen, please go to TV manager>Application Management>Boot Direct. There are three options: Intelligent, Home, Source. If you set the boot option to intelligent, the projector will start from the last applied input source. When it is set to Home, it will start from the system home page, you can also define a specific input source for system start up, thanks.
Hi Hao,

I don't see Boot Direct but only as per attachment.

My system version is ZLS82Gi2LZ-V7.50013
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200212_212129.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	764.8 KB
ID:	2683950  
[email protected] likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 196 Old 02-12-2020, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by yltan View Post
Hi Hao,

I don't see Boot Direct but only as per attachment.

My system version is ZLS82Gi2LZ-V7.50013
Hi, thanks for the reply, your projector's firmware needs an update. Please reply with your email address so we can send you the link for firmware update.
post #33 of 196 Old 02-12-2020, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Hi, this is Hao from Changhong. Changhong CHiQ laser projectors are new in the overseas market.

As a consumer electronics manufacture with over 60 years history (back in 2004, 90% of the television sets exported from China to the United States were made by Changhong), we are proud of our brand and we handle the overseas market with care.

Unlike some other Chinese brand, we do not deploy products overseas before the product localisation, overseas distribution and customer service support are ready. In the UK, CHiQ projectors come with native English operation system, user's manual and 2 years UK based manufacture warranty and local customer support.

When choosing a CHiQ projector, you can be assured that the product complies with all relevant statutory regulations, finished at high quality with proper warranty and support.
PMed to you my email.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 196 Old 02-12-2020, 06:08 AM

Quote:
PMed to you my email.
Hi, I did not receive your email address yet. Please visit changhong.co.uk to send us a message instead, thanks.
post #35 of 196 Old 02-12-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Hi, I did not receive your email address yet. Please visit changhong.co.uk to send us a message instead, thanks.
Just found out why the PM didn't go through. I need to achieve 15 posts before I can send PM

Anyway, my email is [email protected]

Since you are from Changhong, perhaps you can help me out on below...

1. The B5U uses Bluetooth remote, is there a way to control it especially on the power on/off through infrared (IR) as I am using Harmony One as my master remote control for my home theater remotes.

2. On my current firmware, I notice the projection is toward slightly blueish with default setting (Standard and UMAX).

3. Edited due to non B5U related.

These are my observation so far on B5U.
aerodynamics likes this.

Last edited by yltan; 02-14-2020 at 05:59 PM.
post #36 of 196 Old 02-12-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Just found out why the PM didn't go through. I need to achieve 15 posts before I can send PM

Since you are from Changhong, perhaps you can help me out on below...

1. The B5U uses Bluetooth remote, is there a way to control it especially on the power on/off through infrared (IR) as I am using Harmony One as my master remote control for my home theater remotes.

2. On my current firmware, I notice the projection is toward slightly blueish with default setting (Standard and UMAX).

3. On certain movies, when I set the HDR setting to Auto, the movies seem way too much darker. When I tried to change the setting to BT709 or BT2020 or Strip Metadata, the color seem dull.

These are my observation so far on B5U.
Hi, thanks for the reply, we shall send you the firmware update link shortly in email later on today.

Regarding the remote, the Bluetooth remote of B5U give you wider range and angle for operation as it does not need to be pointed at certain direction towards the projector which is an advantage over those IR remotes. However, that also means it is impossible for the projector to work with third party universal remotes because the projector does not have a IR receiver.

Regarding the colour scene mode, the pre-set scene modes including the standard/umax/game are pre-tuned, if you need to twist a specific colour, please go to Settings>Picture>Truecolor to adjust fine tune the color.

For HDR, it is noraml that image brightness will be reduced for higher contrast under HDR. Also, depends on the video source (for example, if you are playing with Netflix, under HDR for some movies, the image will be much darker than usual). There is no setting you can adjust as the user. System optimisation is never stopped in our end, we will try to enhance the image quality and HDR performance further in the future firmware update.
post #37 of 196 Old 02-12-2020, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by qoopy View Post
Noise appears to be an issue with these changhong units.
The operation noise on the B5U Projector is only 30dB which is fairly quiet
post #38 of 196 Old 02-12-2020, 07:54 AM

Liked: 1
Here are some useful links for the CHiQ B5U Projector:

Overview Blog: https://*******/37UHhxF
FAQs: https://www.personalprojector.co.uk/faqs#CHIQ
Manual: https://www.changhong.co.uk/Download...2614v1%200.pdf

Videos
CHiQ B5U Compared to Viewsonic X10-4K:
CHiQ B5U Compared to the latest Fengmi 4K model:
CHiQ B5U Gaming Test:
post #39 of 196 Old 02-12-2020, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 136
@CHiQLASER What is the difference between the RGBCMY controls under Picture>TrueColor vs the RGB controls in MyMode>Picture>Color Temperature. Are they the same thing to a certain extent?

Chiq B5U | 100” Snowhite UST Screen | Pioneer Elite LX-503 | 7.2.4 Surround | Sony Core Series LCR + Atmos | Cambridge Min 12 Side Surrounds | Monoprice Rear Atmos Surrounds | Bic V1020 x2
post #40 of 196 Old 02-12-2020, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Regarding the remote, the Bluetooth remote of B5U give you wider range and angle for operation as it does not need to be pointed at certain direction towards the projector which is an advantage over those IR remotes. However, that also means it is impossible for the projector to work with third party universal remotes because the projector does not have a IR receiver.
There are plenty of Bluetooth devices in the Harmony database, eg PS4, Apple TV, Xiaomi projectors, etc. I would be a very happy man if this could somehow work with my Harmony remote. Or, if the power on/off cycle is the issue, even a standby mode where the projector doesn't fully shut down, and instead goes to sleep, would suffice.

Chiq B5U | 100” Snowhite UST Screen | Pioneer Elite LX-503 | 7.2.4 Surround | Sony Core Series LCR + Atmos | Cambridge Min 12 Side Surrounds | Monoprice Rear Atmos Surrounds | Bic V1020 x2
post #41 of 196 Old 02-14-2020, 05:27 AM

Difference between TrueColour and Colour Temp settings on B5U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerodynamics View Post
@CHiQLASER What is the difference between the RGBCMY controls under Picture>TrueColor vs the RGB controls in MyMode>Picture>Color Temperature. Are they the same thing to a certain extent?
There are two color management settings which can be found on the projector. TrueColor (RGBCMY as you mentioned) and the Color Temp setting.

The TrueColor setting can be found at: Settings > Picture > TrueColor. Under TrueColor, you can tune different color space including: Red, blue, green, yellow and purple, it also give you the option to adjust the brightness and skin tone.

The color temperature setting can be accessed when video files are played on the projector by pressing the Menu key and go to Scene Mode > My Mode > Picture > Color Temp. You can adjust three color gains from there including Red gain, green gain and Blue gain.

The TrueColor settings are managing the DLP chips and the Color Temp settings are managing the Mstar media decoding chips. They works in a similar way, but they are different.

Any changes made under the TrueColor settings will be applied to the DLP chips which means the changes will be applied to the projector as an universal adjustment in regardless of the selected display scene mode.

Changes made under the Color Temp settings only applied to the user defined scene mode and only available for access when you are playing a video files due to the fact that it is a setting from the Mstar media decoding chips instead of the underlying DLP chips.

So, basically, you may think them in this way, the TrueColor settings are hardware settings while the Color Temp settings are software adjustment.

Also, TrueColor settings allow you to set value for more detailed color space than color Temp settings.

You can use both settings together according to your preference to achieve the best possible image performance as desired.
aerodynamics likes this.
post #42 of 196 Old 02-14-2020, 05:29 AM

Quote:
There are plenty of Bluetooth devices in the Harmony database, eg PS4, Apple TV, Xiaomi projectors, etc. I would be a very happy man if this could somehow work with my Harmony remote. Or, if the power on/off cycle is the issue, even a standby mode where the projector doesn't fully shut down, and instead goes to sleep, would suffice.
Thanks for the suggestion regarding the remote. There many third party IOT devices out there which makes it nearly impossible to meet the compatibility requirement for all, however, we will send the feedback to our R&D to see if they can make improvement on this issue in future firmware updates, thanks.
aerodynamics likes this.
post #43 of 196 Old 02-14-2020, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
3. On certain movies, when I set the HDR setting to Auto, the movies seem way too much darker. When I tried to change the setting to BT709 or BT2020 or Strip Metadata, the color seem dull.
Are these settings in the B5U menu? If so, where did you find them. I have never seen HDR settings on my unit.

post #44 of 196 Old 02-14-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Are these settings in the B5U menu? If so, where did you find them. I have never seen HDR settings on my unit.
My apology.... The HDR setting is on media player. Do ignore item 3.
post #45 of 196 Old 02-18-2020, 04:17 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I'm in the states and also very interested in this projector. Do we receive any type of warranty or protection plan? Also, since we can't get the bundled screen shipped internationally, will any ALR/CLR work with this?
post #46 of 196 Old 02-18-2020, 05:25 AM
Advanced Member

I'm using a Snowhite UST screen and it works fine, looks great.

post #47 of 196 Old 02-18-2020, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm using a Snowhite UST screen and it works fine, looks great.
Thanks! And do you have a protection plan of any sort?
post #48 of 196 Old 02-18-2020, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBeeps View Post
Thanks! And do you have a protection plan of any sort?
Does crossing my fingers count?

post #49 of 196 Old 02-19-2020, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Does crossing my fingers count?
LOL! #SAME . You can get a squaretrade warranty if I'm not mistaken.
post #50 of 196 Old 02-19-2020, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_Bryson View Post
LOL! #SAME . You can get a squaretrade warranty if I'm not mistaken.
Good idea. Is that what you did with the Fengmi?

post #51 of 196 Old 02-19-2020, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member

I made a video of it in action:

Last edited by aerodynamics; 02-20-2020 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Linked to new condensed version of video.
post #52 of 196 Old 02-20-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Hi, I'm in the states and also very interested in this projector. Do we receive any type of warranty or protection plan? Also, since we can't get the bundled screen shipped internationally, will any ALR/CLR work with this?
Hi, this is Hao from Changhong. Our CHiQ projectors come with 2 years manufacture plus 5 years ''right to repair''. Please refers to https://www.changhong.co.uk/warranty/ for our full warranty terms and conditions.

For customers outside the UK who ordered the projector from our dealers in the UK, the warranty is still valid. However, please be advised that the projector will need to be returned back to the UK for under-warranty service. We will bear the cost to return the projector back to the customer when the under-warranty service is done.
Casey_Bryson and DocBeeps like this.
post #53 of 196 Old 02-20-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Regarding the ALR screen, our S-CK ALR Series Black Grid UST Projection Screen (https://www.changhong.co.uk/projection-screen/s-ck/) is available for shipping the states, however, our S-FX ALR (Ambient Light Rejecting) Series Fresnel UST Projection Screen is only available for shipping in the Europe due to its weight and large package size (100": 2340*1370*110, 56Kg).

ALR screens from other brand shall work fine with our projector.
Casey_Bryson and DocBeeps like this.
post #54 of 196 Old 02-20-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Good idea. Is that what you did with the Fengmi?

I opted to self insure since the cost was roughly half the Optoma P1. At this point I'm past the 30, 90 day that electronics typically fail; I'm at 6 months.

Love seeing Chiq offer warranty through their UK distribution though. Seems legit.
aerodynamics likes this.
post #55 of 196 Old 02-20-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
https://youtu.be/BjYsqXBOJuk
Commented on your vid:

Nice review. Wow...Dolby Vision on a projector? Unheard of! The ability to change the color beyond RGB gain, the low input lag, Dolby Vision and the inclusion of the MEMC chip indicates that it's a little more sophisticated than anything else on the market in the UST space. Now that there's a warranty via the UK distributor (even in the USA) this may be the one to beat if it the native contrast ratio and dynamic contrast ratio is similar to the Mijia/Fengmi/A300 level. I haven't seen any hard data regarding the later. It appears to have the lumens covered if my memory serves me.
aerodynamics likes this.
post #56 of 196 Old 02-20-2020, 02:07 PM

So I was looking at the specs and it looks like it may have a different DLP chip (DLP470TP) than the Xiaomi's (DLP470TE) and instead have the newer DLP chip that supports 4K UHD at 60 Hz and full HD at 240 Hz like the new Optoma UHD50X. EDIT: The Optoma UHD50X has the DLP471TE but both support 1080p240 per features list.

It's wild speculation at this point and not confirmed, but very interesting if it does indeed have the newer chip. This might explain the lower input lag out of the box and why it may a appear to be a step up. hmmm...

Last edited by Casey_Bryson; 02-21-2020 at 03:29 PM.
post #57 of 196 Old 02-20-2020, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Commented on your vid:

Nice review. Wow...Dolby Vision on a projector? Unheard of! The ability to change the color beyond RGB gain, the low input lag, Dolby Vision and the inclusion of the MEMC chip indicates that it's a little more sophisticated than anything else on the market in the UST space. Now that there's a warranty via the UK distributor (even in the USA) this may be the one to beat if it the native contrast ratio and dynamic contrast ratio is similar to the Mijia/Fengmi/A300 level. I haven't seen any hard data regarding the later. It appears to have the lumens covered if my memory serves me.
The manufacturer's rating is 1900 lumens which is probably true to spec. The PX800HD I had before was rated for 2000 lumens and had similar brightness when the bulb was new and nowhere near as bright after a couple hundred hours. @kraine is trying to get his hands on a review unit so it will be interesting to see what the measurements will show.

BTW, I removed the video and uploaded a shorter, more concise version.
Casey_Bryson likes this.

post #58 of 196 Old 02-20-2020, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So I was looking at the specs and it looks like it may have a different DLP chip (DLP470TP) than the Xiaomi's (DLP470TE) and instead have the newer DLP chip that supports 4K UHD at 60 Hz and full HD at 240 Hz like the new Optoma UHD50X.

It's wild speculation at this point and not confirmed, but very interesting if it does indeed have the newer chip. This might explain the lower input lag out of the box and why it may a appear to be a step up. hmmm...
Interesting about the DLP chip. What are the differences? I don't see any light border at all, even with my nose to the screen, so that could be a feature of this revised chip. As far as refresh rates, my GPU (RTX2060) only goes as high as 60hz at any resolution. The 240hz claim sounds like a marketing number much like what TV manufacturers do.

My theory on the lower input lag is that the OS is stripped down and the menus were converted to English (due to poor translation in some menu items), almost like it's been rooted from the factory.

post #59 of 196 Old 02-20-2020, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Hi, this is Hao from Changhong. Our CHiQ projectors come with 2 years manufacture plus 5 years ''right to repair''. Please refers to https://www.changhong.co.uk/warranty/ for our full warranty terms and conditions.

For customers outside the UK who ordered the projector from our dealers in the UK, the warranty is still valid. However, please be advised that the projector will need to be returned back to the UK for under-warranty service. We will bear the cost to return the projector back to the customer when the under-warranty service is done.
Do you have any US distributors?
post #60 of 196 Old 02-20-2020, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the video.

I found the colours awful. They are oversaturated. It might be due to the demo, but nature doesn't look like this: Too much blue and too much green. But it is the current trend in demos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page