post #151 of 310 Old 03-22-2020, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaCinePhil View Post
Hello,
I tried powering on the projector by pressing the Home button on the FireTV which is plugged directly on the main. It did not work.

Then could you describe how to send customized commands via the Harmony Elite when the projector brand and model is not in the database, please?
Hi, to Power On the projector by pressing Home Button on FireTV, first, please make sure the FireTV Stick is powered from wall plug instead of the USB ports on the projector, then please check and confirm the following settings:

>On Projector. Go to Settings>System>HDMI CEC Settings>Turn On All Options.
>On FireTV. Go to Settings>Equipment Control>Manage Equipment>Advanced Settings>Home Button, set it to HDMI-CEC Only

To add the projector to Harmony Elite, the the projector is not on Logitech database yet, the way to add it is (before all these, please turn on the projector and make sure the projector, your phone and your Harmony Hub is connected to the same WiFi network before adding the projector):

Start Harmony App from your mobile phone/table>Devices Tab>Tap on Edit Devices>Add Device>Add as Computer>from the drop down list, select MAC, it will then add the projector as a MAC Computer.

Then create an Activity>Select Mac Computer>Select My Devices are ON>Pair the Harmony Hub with the Projector from the projector's end>You will see the message of Pairing Successful>Select Test Later.

You can then choose to rename the device and activity to CHiQ B5U so you can easily recognise the projector from Harmony.

By this stage, you should be able to use the navigation key, return key, volume control key, mute key and menu key on your remote to control the projector.

Then Go to Activity , select the projector's activity>Select Customise Remote>Select any spare key on your remote and Customise the button to the command of Sleep, it will allow the defined button on your remote to turn off the projector.

However, by adding the projector as Mac computer, there is a one limitation, when the projector get to Amazon FireTV stick as the HDMI source, you can NOT go back to the projector's home screen as there is no key on the remote can be customised as the Home key and Input Source selection key, in that case, you will still the projector's remote to execute the Home and Input Source selection commands.

We are still in contact with Logitech in order to add the projector to their database, before we sort it out with Logitech, the solution described above is the best solution we find so far.

Hope you find the info above helpful, please be free to contact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 310 Old 03-22-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Bielik View Post
I have noticed that playing a HDR10 content is a bit dark, much darker than regular SDR content. Is there any workaround for this or how to force it to display this type of content properly?
Hi Tomas, HDR10 darker image issue does happen to some video source, we are working on Firmware update to address this issue, a new firmware update is expected to be available by the end of April.

Meanwhile, you can try our beta firmware which is available to download manually at https://www.changhong.co.uk/download...Z_V7.60012.zip, (the manual update instruction is included in the zip file) it will help to improve the HDR image performance.
post #153 of 310 Old 03-22-2020, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiQLASER View Post
Hi Tomas, HDR10 darker image issue does happen to some video source, we are working on Firmware update to address this issue, a new firmware update is expected to be available by the end of April.

Meanwhile, you can try our beta firmware which is available to download manually at https://www.changhong.co.uk/download...Z_V7.60012.zip, (the manual update instruction is included in the zip file) it will help to improve the HDR image performance.
As this is the only projector to officially support Dolby Vision what do Dolby themselves think of this implementation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 310 Old 03-22-2020, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 8
There seems to be a few on here who are enjoying this device... would love to hear some warts and all user oppinions on the overall performance. Especially interested in overall picture quality in non ideal conditions, how you have got this linked up with external speakers, what streaming devices you use, the overall functionality and as well any other noteworthy setting choices or annoyances etc...

I wonder if we get £50 off if we dont need their packaged firestick...?
post #155 of 310 Old 03-22-2020, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakerz View Post
Im pretty sure the whole locked at 60hz bit is bs, its just that this projector doesnt have circuitry to send a different clock signal for a slower 24p signal.
Could you share yourdetailed information that makes you pretty sure that the 60hz lock is bs.

Jack
post #156 of 310 Old 03-22-2020, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi, I plan on using external speakers/soundbar. Anyone tested if that can work together with internal speakers or they are mutually exclusive?
post #157 of 310 Old 03-22-2020, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yido View Post
There seems to be a few on here who are enjoying this device... would love to hear some warts and all user opinions on the overall performance. Especially interested in overall picture quality in non ideal conditions, how you have got this linked up with external speakers, what streaming devices you use, the overall functionality and as well any other noteworthy setting choices or annoyances etc...

Personally after calibration and a real screen, I am pretty happy with the performance. The screen I had initially was not for UST projector (white and wrinkly) and it was already nice. With an ALR screen it is awesome.
BUT it is still a beta firmware, so you will see a ghost frame from time to time with MEMC on. There are audio issues with the HDMI 1.
My setup:
Projector hung upside down to the ceiling on sliding bars for picture setup.
Ceiling mounted dropdown ALR screen 0.6 gain with the material upside down (user request)
Projector plugged on HDMI 2 ARC port to the HDMI Video out ARC port on my receiver.
FireTV on one of the inputs of the receiver

Bluray player on one of the inputs of the receiver

Audio setup 5.1.2 (front left and right, center, surround left and right, atmos left and right, 2 subwoofers)
post #158 of 310 Old 03-22-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Hi, to Power On the projector by pressing Home Button on FireTV, first, please make sure the FireTV Stick is powered from wall plug instead of the USB ports on the projector, then please check and confirm the following settings:

>On Projector. Go to Settings>System>HDMI CEC Settings>Turn On All Options.
>On FireTV. Go to Settings>Equipment Control>Manage Equipment>Advanced Settings>Home Button, set it to HDMI-CEC Only
[----]

Hope you find the info above helpful, please be free to contact.
Thanks, I will try that.
post #159 of 310 Old 03-22-2020, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Thanks Phil.

I am yet to get my hands on the PJ but this is currently ticking more boxes than anything else...

I plan on using a prepped and sprayed wall to start off on (already done and waiting for the PJ) but your set up with the drip down screen is what's coming next (dont tell the wife) if I am not 100% happy with the picture.

Again audio I am looking at something very similar but I am an absolute newbie to all of this, so have no idea where to go.

The audio section on here "HT in a box" is a very static forum so I am yet to see something mentioned that has sparked my interest. I'm also looking for wireless rear options which I am told can be a minefield. Probably going to go to a store and see whatbis available (once I'm out of quarantine)

Thanks for taking the time to post up a user review...
post #160 of 310 Old 03-22-2020, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Regarding 24p, as explained before, due to the locked refresh rate for XPR technology based DLP 4K DMD at 60Hz, judder is inevitable. Other brands including Xiaomi, VAVA etc. also have the same problem. (For example: 24p judder regarding VAVA available at https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/...jector-review/). The MEMC can help to create a smoother image, however, we understand that not everyone like MEMC due to the soap opera effect.
I'm aware what judder is, that is not what I'm referring to. What I am seeing has nothing to do with motion. It is a stutter - the duration of one frame - that seems to happen at regular intervals about 1-2x per minute and even in scenes where there is NO motion. If what you are saying about the projector being locked at 60hz, then it makes sense because a) 23.976 is not a clean divider of 60 and b) if I output the content at 59.94p the stutter goes away but the image is more smooth and looks less sharp. However, I will reiterate that I have not heard of any other XPR-based projector having this particular issue.

Quote:
We are still in contact with Logitech in order to add the projector to their database, before we sort it out with Logitech, the solution described above is the best solution we find so far.
Good to know this is being worked on.

Chiq B5U | 100” Snowhite UST Screen | Pioneer Elite LX-503 | 7.2.4 Surround | Sony Core Series LCR + Atmos | Cambridge Min 12 Side Surrounds | Monoprice Rear Atmos Surrounds | Bic V1020 x2
post #161 of 310 Old 03-22-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:

how to roll back from the Beta version, if I will decide to back out later on? Will the April's update appear on beta as well?
post #162 of 310 Old 03-22-2020, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
To add the projector to Harmony Elite, the the projector is not on Logitech database yet, the way to add it is (before all these, please turn on the projector and make sure the projector, your phone and your Harmony Hub is connected to the same WiFi network before adding the projector):

Start Harmony App from your mobile phone/table>Devices Tab>Tap on Edit Devices>Add Device>Add as Computer>from the drop down list, select MAC, it will then add the projector as a MAC Computer.

Then create an Activity>Select Mac Computer>Select My Devices are ON>Pair the Harmony Hub with the Projector from the projector's end>You will see the message of Pairing Successful>Select Test Later.

You can then choose to rename the device and activity to CHiQ B5U so you can easily recognise the projector from Harmony.

By this stage, you should be able to use the navigation key, return key, volume control key, mute key and menu key on your remote to control the projector.

Then Go to Activity , select the projector's activity>Select Customise Remote>Select any spare key on your remote and Customise the button to the command of Sleep, it will allow the defined button on your remote to turn off the projector.
I was able to pair the Harmony remote successfully using this method and it even powers off the projector. Now if we can just find a way to power it on...

Chiq B5U | 100” Snowhite UST Screen | Pioneer Elite LX-503 | 7.2.4 Surround | Sony Core Series LCR + Atmos | Cambridge Min 12 Side Surrounds | Monoprice Rear Atmos Surrounds | Bic V1020 x2
post #163 of 310 Old 03-23-2020, 06:25 AM

Am I correct in assuming that I can get 3D on this projector by adding a Fury3D, Fury RF transmitter and a pair of RF glasses to it?
post #164 of 310 Old 03-23-2020, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Is the Chiq C7UG for sale currently and how does it compare to the Chiq B5U. It’s difficult to get any information on both products.
post #165 of 310 Old 03-25-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiCe_pl View Post
Hi. Thanks. I got no DM from you - maybe becouse I am new to the forum (I cant send DMs yet). I have been reading on the b5u - Grégory mentioned on his blog (in the comments section) that the noise level is more then 30 dB - could anyone comment on it? I had BenQ W1210ST (26-28 dB) some time ago and while not disturbing the fan noise was clearly distinguishable (for me, my better half did not mind at all).
I think that it is a little less noisy than Fengmi, but definitely it is not quiet, and I doubt that there is such projector out there. It all depends on how noisy is your environment and also how far are you going to sit from the projector. I would wish it would be less noisy, but it is what it is. The coil noise whine is almost not hearable here on this unit to compare to Fengmi, which was really painful and was driving me crazy (tested 2 units with same noise). I made a short video.
Chiq:
youtu.be/Q2vSnqrHGqM
Fengmi:
youtu.be/Pmek1YNrInI
post #166 of 310 Old 03-25-2020, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I think that it is a little less noisy than Fengmi, but definitely it is not quiet, and I doubt that there is such projector out there. It all depends on how noisy is your environment and also how far are you going to sit from the projector. I would wish it would be less noisy, but it is what it is. The coil noise whine is almost not hearable here on this unit to compare to Fengmi, which was really painful and was driving me crazy (tested 2 units with same noise). I made a short video.
Chiq:
youtu.be/Q2vSnqrHGqM
Fengmi:
youtu.be/Pmek1YNrInI
Thanks! That whine from Fengmi would drive me nuts....

I guess I just have to bite the bullet and go for Chiq...
post #167 of 310 Old 03-25-2020, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Chiq:
youtu.be/Q2vSnqrHGqM
Fengmi:
youtu.be/Pmek1YNrInI
No links here...
post #168 of 310 Old 03-25-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yido View Post
There seems to be a few on here who are enjoying this device... would love to hear some warts and all user oppinions on the overall performance. Especially interested in overall picture quality in non ideal conditions, how you have got this linked up with external speakers, what streaming devices you use, the overall functionality and as well any other noteworthy setting choices or annoyances etc...

Hi, if you do not need the FireTV stick, simply ask the dealer, they can certainly deduct the FireTV cost from the price.
post #169 of 310 Old 03-25-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Hi, I plan on using external speakers/soundbar. Anyone tested if that can work together with internal speakers or they are mutually exclusive?
Hi Tomas, you need to choose between the internal speaker or your external speaker/soundbar, they can NOT work together.
post #170 of 310 Old 03-26-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Hi Tomas, you need to choose between the internal speaker or your external speaker/soundbar, they can NOT work together.

Strange but on the "Passive speaker" mode, Chiq B5U plugged on the HDMI2 ARC via video out ARC of my receiver, both the home cinema speakers AND the internal speaker were working.
post #171 of 310 Old 03-26-2020, 11:40 AM

I bit the bullet and purchased one
post #172 of 310 Old 03-27-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalfc89 View Post
Is the Chiq C7UG for sale currently and how does it compare to the Chiq B5U. It’s difficult to get any information on both products.
Hi, C7UG is available on a limited supply at present, if you are interested on C7UG, please get in touch with our dealer.

The C7UG product leaflet is attached with this post, please check.

C7UG is a big step forward from B5U, the main differences are:
  • B5U is loaded with 0.47'' DLP DMD while C7UG is loaded with 0.6'' DLP DMD. 0.6'' DLP DMD offers higher native image resolution.
  • C7UG offers 3000 lumens image brightness which is much higher than the 1900 lumens offered by B5U.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Changhong Laser Display C7UG Specification 2.pdf (812.1 KB, 63 views)
post #173 of 310 Old 03-27-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
how to roll back from the Beta version, if I will decide to back out later on? Will the April's update appear on beta as well?
Hi, if you want to roll back to the current stable version firmware (V7.50019), you can download the firmware package from http://changhong.co.uk/download/upgr...Z_V7.50019.zip , the firmware update instruction is included in the zipped package, thanks.
post #174 of 310 Old 03-29-2020, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
Could you share yourdetailed information that makes you pretty sure that the 60hz lock is bs.
TI's datasheet for their .47 DMD chip has numerous clock input pins. I'm not a pj designer so I can't tell you the exact circuit connections to use, but as is any digital device in the entire world they use quartz oscillators to provide a steady clock signal, which can be whatever frequency you want so long as it doesn't exceed the devices rating.
post #175 of 310 Old 03-29-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
TI's datasheet for their .47 DMD chip has numerous clock input pins. I'm not a pj designer so I can't tell you the exact circuit connections to use, but as is any digital device in the entire world they use quartz oscillators to provide a steady clock signal, which can be whatever frequency you want so long as it doesn't exceed the devices rating.
Hi, locked the refresh rate for 0.47'' 4K DMD is not about the clock input supported by the DMD itself, it is about how to deliver the 4K images on projectors using pixel shifting technology as explained previously.

Last edited by CHiQLASER; 03-29-2020 at 04:44 PM.
post #176 of 310 Old 03-30-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:

Hi, locked the refresh rate for 0.47'' 4K DMD is not about the clock input supported by the DMD itself, it is about how to deliver the 4K images on projectors using pixel shifting technology as explained previously.
That doesnt matter. A clock is a clock, the pixel shifting aspect is irrelevant. TI clearly says it can be varied:
Input pixel clock(Max)(MHz) 300
Input frame rate(Max)(Hz) 120

Add the circuitry to change the pixel clock on rev 2 of this projector.
post #177 of 310 Old 03-30-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
That doesnt matter. A clock is a clock, the pixel shifting aspect is irrelevant. TI clearly says it can be varied:
Input pixel clock(Max)(MHz) 300
Input frame rate(Max)(Hz) 120

Add the circuitry to change the pixel clock on rev 2 of this projector.
Hi, there is another topic on AVforum discuss about the 4K 60Hz issue, please refers to https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...on-judder.html (post # 13 with more details) for more info. Again, it is not just us who lock the refresh rate at 60Hz, other brands are doing the same for DLP pixel shifting projectors to deliver 4K image.

Last edited by CHiQLASER; 03-30-2020 at 11:25 AM.
post #178 of 310 Old 03-30-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Hi, there is another topic on AVforum discuss about the 4K 60Hz issue, please refers to https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...on-judder.html (post # 13 with more details) for more info. Again, it is not just us who lock the refresh rate at 60Hz, other brands are doing the same for DLP pixel shifting projectors to deliver 4K image.
Ok so you would also need to use something like pwm to match color wheel speed to the changed clock.
post #179 of 310 Old 03-30-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Ok so you would also need to use something like pwm to match color wheel speed to the changed clock.
Hi, the limitations does not end with colour wheel speed (which as other mentioned will increase the noise level of the projector badly), because the projector is running on an Android based operation system and the Android system is running at the refresh rate of 60Hz as well, to offer a stable system and reliable performance, locking the refresh rate at 60Hz is the only choice when all factors are considered at present.
post #180 of 310 Old 03-30-2020, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Thanks for posting the link, CHiQLASER.
One of the posts in the thread claimed the following. Is it credible?
Code:
All of the 4K DLPs save the most recent BenQs (HT3550, TK850, HT5550) are unable to display 24Hz content natively....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page