post #181 of 314 Old 03-31-2020, 04:11 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by qoopy View Post
Thanks for posting the link, CHiQLASER.
One of the posts in the thread claimed the following. Is it credible?
Code:
All of the 4K DLPs save the most recent BenQs (HT3550, TK850, HT5550) are unable to display 24Hz content natively....
Hi, we can not comment on other competitor products, however, as far as we know, all 4K laser DLP projectors with 0.47'' DMD running on pixel shifting technology are delivering 4K image at 60Hz. Those BenQ models are NOT laser projectors, they are traditional bulb projectors. Bulb projectors are totally different in terms of display technology and maintenance cost. The maintenance cost for bulb projectors are much higher as the bulb need to be replaced and their brightness can decrease as much as 80 percent -- before the bulbs burn out.

For 24P film playback, on 4K (0.47'' DMD) laser projectors, the most practical solution to reduce the motion judder is frame interpolation such as the MEMC we are using on CHiQ projectors.

Last edited by CHiQLASER; 03-31-2020 at 07:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 314 Old 03-31-2020, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Optoma says:
“ 24p
Most movies are shot at 24 frames per second (fps). To preserve the purity of the original image, Optoma projectors can accept high definition sources at 24 fps to display movies exactly as the director intended”
https://www.optoma.co.uk/product-details/uhz65ust

BenQ V6000/6100
“ the biggest advantage it’s the ability to show 24hz content at 48hz.”

🤔
post #183 of 314 Old 03-31-2020, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Is there a USD price for the C7UG?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 314 Old 03-31-2020, 08:16 AM

In Europe: 5,600.00 €
P.S. The B5U is 2,000€
post #185 of 314 Old 03-31-2020, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 1437 Post(s)
Liked: 2518
Posts removed. Please read the stickies before posting. Price talk and where to buy are not permitted.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...als-forum.html

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #186 of 314 Old 03-31-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sprit View Post
Optoma says:
“ 24p
Most movies are shot at 24 frames per second (fps). To preserve the purity of the original image, Optoma projectors can accept high definition sources at 24 fps to display movies exactly as the director intended”
https://www.optoma.co.uk/product-details/uhz65ust

BenQ V6000/6100
“ the biggest advantage it’s the ability to show 24hz content at 48hz.”

🤔
Hi, regarding the 24P from Optoma, from the information published online, it is a MEMC frame interpolation based technology.

Optoma's official description for their 24P mode is quoted in below: Because most movies are shot at 24 frames per second (fps), Optoma projectors render high-definition sources at 24 fps to display movies exactly as the director intended.

Link is here: https://www.optoma.com/ap/24p/

There is another review mentioned about Optoma's 24P mode: https://www.projectorreviews.com/opt...-capabilities/

What the reviewer says about Optoma 24P is: SOE is worst with movies shot at 24 fps, so Optoma offers an alternative called 24p mode. Initially, I thought this might involve repeating each frame two or three times, just like commercial cinemas do. But instead, 24p mode synthesizes one new frame using MEMC after every four frames in the signal, bringing the displayed frame rate to 30 fps. This is still frame interpolation, but not nearly as much as full MEMC, so SOE should be far less apparent.

Regarding the BenQ V6000/6100, we could not find much detailed technical specification about them. Our best guess is that they are using a 0.66'' DMD which makes 48Hz mode possible for 24P.

There is another post on AVS Forum that discussed the refresh rate and 24P issue in depth which you may find it helpful: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...jector-17.html (look for post # 499)
post #187 of 314 Old 03-31-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st8900 View Post
Is there a USD price for the C7UG?
Hi, for product price and availability, please contact our dealers, thanks.

Last edited by CHiQLASER; 04-01-2020 at 04:16 AM.
post #188 of 314 Old 04-01-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiQLASER View Post
There is another review mentioned about Optoma's 24P mode: https://www.projectorreviews.com/opt...-capabilities/
Ok, but it isn't the UHZ65UST 🤔
This? https://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-UHD30.htm 🤔

Last edited by 3sprit; 04-01-2020 at 07:29 AM.
post #189 of 314 Old 04-01-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Ok, but it isn't the UHZ65UST 🤔
Hi, 24P mode from Optoma is not new, it is the same technology that applies to most of their projectors. If you visit Optoma page for the UHD52ALV - which is the one mentioned by the reviewer at: https://www.optoma.co.uk/product-details/uhd52alv , you will find the exact same description for 24P which Optoma listed for UHZ65UST.

It won't be appropriate for us to explain how other's products work, ff you want to know more about Optoma 24P mode, you may need to contact Optoma to request an in-depth explanation of their 24P mode.

Last edited by CHiQLASER; 04-01-2020 at 07:49 AM.
post #190 of 314 Old 04-01-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Regarding the BenQ V6000/6100, we could not find much detailed technical specification about them. Our best guess is that they are using a 0.66'' DMD which makes 48Hz mode possible for 24P.
It appears to be 0.47” DMD:
http://cine4home.de/erster-preview-t...g-vivo-hu85ls/
post #191 of 314 Old 04-01-2020, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Hi, the limitations does not end with colour wheel speed (which as other mentioned will increase the noise level of the projector badly), because the projector is running on an Android based operation system and the Android system is running at the refresh rate of 60Hz as well, to offer a stable system and reliable performance, locking the refresh rate at 60Hz is the only choice when all factors are considered at present.

I have lost any respect for CHIQ after hearing your replies. You have tried to mislead the forum by saying the TI chip is locked at 60hz. All the things you list are trivial tasks to achieve. I can only assume this is a way of being cheap and lazy where you lift the android system out of your tv sets and slap it in a projector, instead of taking the minimal effort to learn to utilize the TI DMD effectively.
post #192 of 314 Old 04-01-2020, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does this projector support 4K 60Hz?

When I connect my Xbox One X, it tells me that 4K 24Hz is the maximum, using the Xbox included HDMI cable..
post #193 of 314 Old 04-01-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbass View Post
Does this projector support 4K 60Hz?

When I connect my Xbox One X, it tells me that 4K 24Hz is the maximum, using the Xbox included HDMI cable..

I managed to fix it, for anyone else who has this issue.

- Press menu key (looks like a star)
- More settings
- Hdmi Version
- Set to 2.0
post #194 of 314 Old 04-02-2020, 03:38 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just got my unit. Can keystone adjustment be implemented via firmware? There seems to be some picture distortion due to the lens/mirror curvature.
post #195 of 314 Old 04-02-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakerz View Post
I have lost any respect for CHIQ after hearing your replies. You have tried to mislead the forum by saying the TI chip is locked at 60hz. All the things you list are trivial tasks to achieve. I can only assume this is a way of being cheap and lazy where you lift the android system out of your tv sets and slap it in a projector, instead of taking the minimal effort to learn to utilize the TI DMD effectively.
Hi, thanks for the comments, at CHiQ, we appreciate all feedback and suggestions. Your comments have been sent to our engineering team for further study. Laser UST is a more sophisticated system when compared with TV, each module in the system need to be adjusted and synced to work with others. We will look into this issue further, thanks.
post #196 of 314 Old 04-02-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3knight View Post
Just got my unit. Can keystone adjustment be implemented via firmware? There seems to be some picture distortion due to the lens/mirror curvature.
Hi, curves on the projected image sounds like to be caused by a uneven wall/screen.

B5U is a short throw projector (and its throw ratio is one of the shortest in the market which is 0.21:1). The benefit of the ultra short throw ratio is that the projector requires minimum distance to project a big screen (for B5U, you only need 19.5cm for 100" screen), so you do not need special TV cabinet/table with larger depth for the projector (other UST projectors with longer throw ratio may need at least 40cm distance to project 100" screen, plus the depth of the projector itself, you will need a TV cabinet with the depth of at least 90cm which most of the TV cabinets/tables do not offer) .

However, it also means you need a perfectly flat wall/projector screen to project the image, any slight curves on the wall will cause distortion as you currently got.

Attached are few images to demonstrate the curve on image edge caused by uneven projection surface from previous customer's feedback.

Regarding keystone adjustment, B5U does not support keystone adjustment and keystone adjustment won't help for those distortions caused by uneven wall/screen like the situation you currently have. Keystone adjustment only adjust certain points (in most of the cases, just the corners of the image), so, even with keystone adjustment, the top/bottom edge will still be distorted if your wall is uneven. Please check the attached image of keystone illustration to help you better understand what do I mean. So, basically, if your wall is uneven as it is, even with keystone, you may still see those curve.

Our advice to fix the curves on projection image is to check and fix the uneven part of your wall (by sanding it/repaint it) or get a flat projector screen (those soft, standard projector screen won't work as they all have curves and works no better than a wall, you need a tensioned/fixed frame screen for UST projectors which provides a perfectly flat projection surface).

Regarding the firmware, the last firmware is V7.50019, the beta firmware is for HDR performance improvement. A stable firmware OTW update will be available at the beginning of May, we are still in the final stage to test it.

If you require any further information, feel free to contact us or your dealer, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	customer image problem.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	928.5 KB
ID:	2704870   Click image for larger version

Name:	keystone adjustment.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	653.1 KB
ID:	2704872   Click image for larger version

Name:	Without Screen Distortion.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	2704874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Flat screen can fixe any distortion problem.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	2704876  
post #197 of 314 Old 04-03-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Hi, curves on the projected image sounds like to be caused by a uneven wall/screen.

B5U is a short throw projector (and its throw ratio is one of the shortest in the market which is 0.21:1). The benefit of the ultra short throw ratio is that the projector requires minimum distance to project a big screen (for B5U, you only need 19.5cm for 100" screen), so you do not need special TV cabinet/table with larger depth for the projector (other UST projectors with longer throw ratio may need at least 40cm distance to project 100" screen, plus the depth of the projector itself, you will need a TV cabinet with the depth of at least 90cm which most of the TV cabinets/tables do not offer) .

However, it also means you need a perfectly flat wall/projector screen to project the image, any slight curves on the wall will cause distortion as you currently got.

Attached are few images to demonstrate the curve on image edge caused by uneven projection surface from previous customer's feedback.

Regarding keystone adjustment, B5U does not support keystone adjustment and keystone adjustment won't help for those distortions caused by uneven wall/screen like the situation you currently have. Keystone adjustment only adjust certain points (in most of the cases, just the corners of the image), so, even with keystone adjustment, the top/bottom edge will still be distorted if your wall is uneven. Please check the attached image of keystone illustration to help you better understand what do I mean. So, basically, if your wall is uneven as it is, even with keystone, you may still see those curve.

Our advice to fix the curves on projection image is to check and fix the uneven part of your wall (by sanding it/repaint it) or get a flat projector screen (those soft, standard projector screen won't work as they all have curves and works no better than a wall, you need a tensioned/fixed frame screen for UST projectors which provides a perfectly flat projection surface).

Regarding the firmware, the last firmware is V7.50019, the beta firmware is for HDR performance improvement. A stable firmware OTW update will be available at the beginning of May, we are still in the final stage to test it.

If you require any further information, feel free to contact us or your dealer, thanks.
Thanks Hao for the detailed reply. It's great that you're engaging the community here on a regular basis with detailed updates. That's what made me choose the Chiq B5U over other brands.

I've tried some other projectors like the Fengmi and Wemax but their 0.47" 4k XPR implementations seem to emit a very noticeable high-pitched whine (or perhaps coil whine?).

Glad to report that I don't notice any high-pitched whine at all with Chiq. The only audible sound is from the fan (low hum), which is present in all projectors and fine for me as it's not distracting at all.
post #198 of 314 Old 04-04-2020, 07:30 AM

The real problem about this projector is that there are no "independent" reviews and measurements on the product. We can only buy it online without the opportunity to try it. 🤷
Money is not found on the street. 😎
post #199 of 314 Old 04-04-2020, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1764 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
The real problem about this projector is that there are no "independent" reviews and measurements on the product. We can only buy it online without the opportunity to try it. 🤷
Money is not found on the street. 😎
Kraine will eventually post his review. I'm not sure if his delay(he's had one for quite a while) is from some family CV related problems or from problems with a faulty unit, which he is trying to correct. Hard to know for sure because of the French to English translator.
3sprit likes this.

Jack
post #200 of 314 Old 04-05-2020, 04:20 AM

Hi, I'm using the B5U with a fire stick 4k. The projector is always in Dolby Vision mode. I don't know how to deactivate Dolby Vision, because it is too dark in daylight conditions.
I have installed the beta firmware which is linked here.
post #201 of 314 Old 04-05-2020, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Just a thought @Chi Q... Why not post up here or maybe one of your distributors should do this on their websites... an FAQ with simple answers to help users (early adopters in most current cases) get the absolute best out of these machines...

It seems that this device is quite capable but instructions/support or guidance does seem to be lacking...

The comment above (along with dozens nmore in this thread shows that there maybbe a need for this or some better user manuals.

If you do this and allow users to utilize their devices to their maximum capability you are going to get better feedback and probably increased referrals and better sales.

Just a thought.

Oh and if you want me to review a device I'm absolutely cool with you sending me one in the post.

(PM mentor poatal address)
post #202 of 314 Old 04-05-2020, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
@CHiQLASER

When I look only I also see models like CHIQ D6U or X6U. But it looks from the outside the same product as B5U, with the same specs.
Could you clearify the type model range for Home Theatre?

Thank you for your fast and quick reply here online.
post #203 of 314 Old 04-05-2020, 11:39 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Hi Tomas, HDR10 darker image issue does happen to some video source, we are working on Firmware update to address this issue, a new firmware update is expected to be available by the end of April.

Meanwhile, you can try our beta firmware which is available to download manually at https://www.changhong.co.uk/download...Z_V7.60012.zip, (the manual update instruction is included in the zip file) it will help to improve the HDR image performance.
Hi Hao, I've updated to the beta firmware above and I'm not sure if there was too much gamut adjustment added for HDR content in this version.

I've been able to compare HDR vs SDR performance (using the Smart YouTube app that allows you to compared HDR/SDR for the same video stream).

For SDR sources (rec. 709 I assume), the colours are rich and vibrant. In HDR sources, the colours actually end up looking flat and less vibrant than SDR. This is probably due to the tone mapping/gamut settings used to convert the HDR's rec. 2020 picture into rec. 709.

Could you let the firmware engineers know of the feedback above so that they can make adjustments?

Separately for Dolby Vision, the current settings work fine (I use Dolby Vision bright mode). For Dolby Vision, the colours are deep and the overall "HDR" effect (i.e. bright vs dark contrast) works better vs. the issue with standard HDR content as described above.
post #204 of 314 Old 04-05-2020, 02:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Not sure if this can be implemented in a firmware update, but it would be nice to have at least two-point white balance controls. It is easy enough to calibrate the high end of the grayscale with the RGB gain controls but without the corresponding offset controls, the low end is very difficult to balance. In, particular there is too much blue push.

Chiq B5U | 100” Snowhite UST Screen | Pioneer Elite LX-503 | 7.2.4 Surround | Sony Core Series LCR + Atmos | Cambridge Min 12 Side Surrounds | Monoprice Rear Atmos Surrounds | Bic V1020 x2
post #205 of 314 Old 04-05-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mba123 View Post
Hi, I'm using the B5U with a fire stick 4k. The projector is always in Dolby Vision mode. I don't know how to deactivate Dolby Vision, because it is too dark in daylight conditions.
I have installed the beta firmware which is linked here.
Hi, it seems your FireTV stick is set to force HDR for all contents which caused the problem (basically, Amazon FireTV stick is applying Dolby Vision for incompatible contents). From FireTV stick setting menu, go to Settings>Display & Sound> Dynamic Range Settings> Select Adaptive, it will only show Dolby Vision when a Dolby Vision metadata is detected.
post #206 of 314 Old 04-05-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerodynamics View Post
Not sure if this can be implemented in a firmware update, but it would be nice to have at least two-point white balance controls. It is easy enough to calibrate the high end of the grayscale with the RGB gain controls but without the corresponding offset controls, the low end is very difficult to balance. In, particular there is too much blue push.
Hi, thanks for the feedback, it has been sent to our engineering team for further research, thanks.
post #207 of 314 Old 04-05-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Hi Hao, I've updated to the beta firmware above and I'm not sure if there was too much gamut adjustment added for HDR content in this version.

I've been able to compare HDR vs SDR performance (using the Smart YouTube app that allows you to compared HDR/SDR for the same video stream).

For SDR sources (rec. 709 I assume), the colours are rich and vibrant. In HDR sources, the colours actually end up looking flat and less vibrant than SDR. This is probably due to the tone mapping/gamut settings used to convert the HDR's rec. 2020 picture into rec. 709.

Could you let the firmware engineers know of the feedback above so that they can make adjustments?

Separately for Dolby Vision, the current settings work fine (I use Dolby Vision bright mode). For Dolby Vision, the colours are deep and the overall "HDR" effect (i.e. bright vs dark contrast) works better vs. the issue with standard HDR content as described above.
Hi, thanks for the feedback, our engineering team will look into this, thanks.
post #208 of 314 Old 04-05-2020, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1764 Post(s)
Liked: 421
ChiqLaser,

Perhaps this would be a good place to ask. So many of the new UST laser projectors, particularly the less expensive ones like yours, do not offer the detailed picture adjustment tools like 2 or 10 point WB controls, CMS, etc. Why is this? Is it too expensive on the development side to create these tools? Does it take additional hardware? What is the problem? You have said that your company is one of the largest TV manufacturers in the world. Certainly the funds are there to do it.

Jack
post #209 of 314 Old 04-05-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm316 View Post
@CHiQLASER

When I look only I also see models like CHIQ D6U or X6U. But it looks from the outside the same product as B5U, with the same specs.
Could you clearify the type model range for Home Theatre?

Thank you for your fast and quick reply here online.
Hi, D6U/X6U are models developed for domestic market in China only with different hardware and software, they are not suitable for the overseas market. Please find the attached CHiQ home cinema product specification sheet with all models that are currently available for the overseas market, thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CHANGHONG CHiQ HOME Changhong DLP Laser Projector Spec.pdf (118.7 KB, 55 views)
post #210 of 314 Old 04-05-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yido View Post
Just a thought @Chi Q... Why not post up here or maybe one of your distributors should do this on their websites... an FAQ with simple answers to help users (early adopters in most current cases) get the absolute best out of these machines...

It seems that this device is quite capable but instructions/support or guidance does seem to be lacking...

The comment above (along with dozens nmore in this thread shows that there maybbe a need for this or some better user manuals.

If you do this and allow users to utilize their devices to their maximum capability you are going to get better feedback and probably increased referrals and better sales.

Just a thought.

Oh and if you want me to review a device I'm absolutely cool with you sending me one in the post.

(PM mentor poatal address)
Hi, thanks for the feedback, the in-depth instruction and FAQ will be available soon as suggested, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page