post #1 of 5 Old 12-02-2019, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Issues with Setup

Hey all,

Hope you are all doing well.

Looking to get some help with my current setup, as I am a little confused as to what is going on.

I've recently purchased an Optoma HD27e projector to replace an older projector that we had when we purchased our place. I had found that when the older projector was setup and hooked to a receiver, it would make a weird flapping/clacking sound when it was running, though there would still be picture. Once I got everything arranged, I pulled down the old projector and mounted the projector from the ceiling in the same place and got everything all setup. I got everything else arranged and hooked to the receiver and when I powered up, the new projector made the same noise as the old projector. I tried taking the HDMI from the projector directly to the PS4, which worked fine. No issue found with the projector. Based on that - thinking it was an issue with the HDMI on the receiver, I went out and purchased a Denon AVR-X1500H receiver. I got everything hooked up and all seemed fine. I ran each unit hooked to it (cable box, PS3, PS4) and all was fine. I went to power things down for the night (after about 2 hours) and the same flapping/clacking sound came back. I powered it down fully and i decided to fire it up around an hour later before heading to bed and it made the exact same noise, with picture. I powered it down and figured I would try and find a forum like this to hopefully help me troubleshoot. Help? Very confused.

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-02-2019, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1296 Post(s)
Liked: 1954
same noise @kjcackler with 2 different projectors? That is pretty unusual. What else do you have mounted near your projector?
Any changes on or near your mount?
post #3 of 5 Old 12-02-2019, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Hey @lizrussspike

I have the mount to a solid wood beam in the ceiling. Nothing else near the mount at all.

Yeah - unusual, right? Hence why I am here - it's a headscratcher for sure. Starting to think I am just surrounded by lemons.

I can't get the mount straight regardless, so I will probably pull it down and place on a table.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-02-2019, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1296 Post(s)
Liked: 1954
what happens if you were to run the projector not on the mount, on a table, maybe with a laptop, or even the receiver set up. Let's take the mount out of the equation, since you are going to pull it down anyway. Then see if the sound returns in a different location, without the mount.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-02-2019, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I will give that a try tonight when I get home. I'll drop a line once I see what happens.

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page