LG HW300T Projector with dead inputs - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-06-2020, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
LG HW300T Projector with HDMI Port

I have used my LG HW300T Projector for years and it has worked fine. However, about two months ago the HDMI port refuses to work. The VGA port does work

The projector itself powers on and the projected image is fine, the built-in "smart" functions work as they should, the built-in USB port still powers items, however whenever I plug things into the HDMI
port, I get the "no source found" blue screen.

I have not moved this projector for about a year and it worked perfectly until a few months ago.

Is there a way to reset the projector? Is this a known issue that can be fixed? Or is it dead?

Last edited by iKokomo; 01-06-2020 at 11:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-06-2020, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKokomo View Post
I have used my LG HW300T Projector for years and it has worked fine. However, about two months ago the HDMI port refuses to work. The VGA port does work

The projector itself powers on and the projected image is fine, the built-in "smart" functions work as they should, the built-in USB port still powers items, however whenever I plug things into the HDMI
port, I get the "no source found" blue screen.

I have not moved this projector for about a year and it worked perfectly until a few months ago.

Is there a way to reset the projector? Is this a known issue that can be fixed? Or is it dead?

I still have 4 HW300T projectors (two of which are virtually new). Recently, I tried stacking them but it was a hassle. In prepping, I discovered that my HDMI switcher stopped working.

Anyway, I point this out to ask: Did you isolate the problem to the HDMI port on the HW300T by using the same source like a computer that you output to a monitor which worked but then failed when connected to the HW300T using the same cable?

If your troubleshooting clearly indicates that the HDMI port on your HW300T has failed then you could consider contacting LG for repair. However, if the projector still meets your enjoyment criteria then I would suggest bypassing the HDMI input solution and using an alternative.

The HW300T also allows HD component input. I would suggest that you consider buying an HDMI to component converter and then use the component input on the HW300T. I have not tried this but it should be straightforward. I searched and found a converter on Amazon for under 30 dollars US.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-06-2020, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 1211 Post(s)
Liked: 613
Lightning storms are notorious for blowing out HDMI ports. Most likely the chips are blown so a very expensive fix.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page