Epson LCD model H565B - what model is it really? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-07-2020, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Epson LCD model H565B - what model is it really?

Gday,

I've got a client with an Epson LCD projector installed about 5 metres up on the ceiling, & he's sent me a photo of the id panel, saying it's model H565B, but I can't find much info about it online anywhere.

would anyone know what actual model it is? I'm geussing it will be an EB-something or similar, but am currently at a loss - I want to find a manual & specs before I go in & pull it down..

thanks in advance,

tim.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191217_145242.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	623.3 KB
ID:	2666242  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-08-2020, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Hi,

this is my best guess, based on a search for the H565A (could not find B)

https://www.projectorcentral.com/Eps...rLite_935W.htm

4,3 x 2,8m semi-blacked out media room | 2010 MacMini > Pioneer VSX-520-K > JVC RS50 (X7) > 107", 1.1 gain, white screen | JVC X30 (RS45)
post #3 of 5 Old 01-08-2020, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1677 Post(s)
Liked: 1213
The model and marketing name for projectors from Epson are different. There is no obvious correlation, so you may want to just reach out to Epson with the serial number if this is really important.

As an example, I found this document when I searched wtihin Epson's website for the H568B...
https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd3/cpd39731.pdf

It lists out a bunch of model numbers vs. marketing names. It indicates that the PowerLite S17 may be the H568A, which is in contrast to the previous post.

A full size image of the projector may help identify it a bit more based upon the appearance and location of different connections and the shape of the front of the projector.

Searching Epson's website also returned the S17 as the model number of the H568B. So, the S17 may be the exact same model in two different revisions, or the H568B could be a completely different model altogether.

The Serial # and talking to Epson will give you the exact model number of the projector.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-08-2020, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
thanks for the replies, after a bit more searching (used a couple of different search engines, duck duck go turned up the answer in the end), it's model EB-935W. Found a similar unit on an auction site with photos of the id plate & the rest of the unit, so that's pretty conclusive.

not sure what the difference (if any) there is between the powerlite 935w & EB-935W, probably just a regional variation? I'm in Australia if that makes a difference.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-13-2020, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 3952 Post(s)
Liked: 3118
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo7173 View Post
... not sure what the difference (if any) there is between the powerlite 935w & EB-935W, probably just a regional variation? I'm in Australia if that makes a difference.
Epson labels identical models differently in North America than in the rest of the world. PowerLite is for North America while the same models sold globally are labeled EB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page