Originally Posted by vinuonline
Just installed a TK850. Have a mixed feeling so far. Are there any settings that worked well for anyone here? If so, would you mind sharing? Thanks!
I'm in this boat. I'd really like to hear what you had issues with. For me I love the brightness and the resolution on computer sources, the Smithsonian's gigapixel tour is absolutely amazing. But here is a list of issues I'm encountering:
- I have a magenta or green outline on any high contrast items, it seems to be a little more than a pixel wide (looking at Sage's screen shots it looks like he has a thinner blue outline that is much less obnoxious, but still present). This is even present on Benq's setup pages such as keystone correction.
- Major pixelation issues on video sources. Sometimes it is the entire screen, at other times I can get a clear image, but random items on screen will be pixelated next to stuff that is crystal clear. I thought maybe my internet was having trouble with the high-def, so I throttled back to 720p, and it was still heavily present. Then I switched to my old projector, and the image looked perfect again. I keep turning down the projector's many video processing settings, and I can improve this, but I can't get rid of it.
- Colors gradients are very blocky, again, these colors were are much smoother when I pause and swtich the cable to an older projector.
- I can't focus the right and left sides of the screen at the same time (and yes I made sure I am dead center and shooting at 90 degrees to the wall) This isn't as noticeable with images, but very noticeable with computer text.
- Changing certain settings results in a black screen for 10 seconds.
- Changing certain settings results in the setting being applied slowly over four different areas of the screen one by one.
- All menus are slow, even key-stoning is slow.
I'm wondering if anyone else is dealing with these issues, or if I got a bad machine, or need to perform a firmware upgrade, or something altogether. Many of the reviews I read said that this was a very refined machine, but not even close here.