Faded white projection? Issue with APEMAN CX3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-14-2020, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Faded white projection? Issue with APEMAN CX3

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I am having an issue with a APEMAN Portable Mini DLP 3D Video Projector (CX3). When I turn on the projector, it fires up but it just projects a faded white screen, and it doesn't reach the menu, so I can't do anything with it. I have attached an image of the projection.

This is my first projector, so I am wondering if this is what a busted bulb looks like? I have had it for three years, but I don't use it that often, and I am nowhere near the advertised 30,000 hours lifetime of the bulb. I have reached out to APEMAN for help, at three different e-mails, but gotten no response after 1.5 months, so I am hoping someone here may be able to give me a clue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191231_164322.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	2684872  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Hello,

I am assuming this is a LED projector with a color wheel. The projector lights up, so there is probably nothing wrong with the LED lamp. The problem may be in the DMD chip (the chip that actually creates the image "drawing"), the colour wheel (which provides colour to the image), or any of the electronics which tell these two parts to make an image. My guess would be it's the electronics. Either way, it's not worth repairing in any of these 3 situations. These are chinese unbranded projectors (whoever named this one APEMAN had no idea it was a really bad name), you will not get any technical support.

4,3 x 2,8m semi-blacked out media room | 2010 MacMini > Pioneer VSX-520-K > JVC RS50 (X7) > 107", 1.1 gain, white screen | JVC X30 (RS45)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page