Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-12-2020, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Epson 2150 PJ - 3D issue

hi all,
My 1.5 years epson 2150 died of some power issues and then got a Refurbished/Replacement from epson today.
Set up the new PJ & tried to watch some 3D discs for testing.
Really surprised to see that even Final Destination 3D disc (which was absolutely fine in old PJ) does not seem to be coming in full 3D. Sometimes subtitles come in 3D while pictures look so 2D and then with glasses ON does not make a difference. Active shutter glass was in charge.
Then made sure that 3D set up is 'Auto' in the PJ setting.
What else I am missing? Could it be an issue with PJ?
Otherwise regular 2D , Netflix all fine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-12-2020, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 1367 Post(s)
Liked: 703
Epson's warranty is one of the best but unfortunately their quality control sucks in their refurbished projectors. Sounds like something is wrong with the projector. Contact Epson and see if they can help. One suggestion is do a factory reset and make sure 3D is set to auto and play a 3D BR disc if you so no 3D double image without the glasses or if wearing the glasses makes no difference something is amiss.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
post #3 of 3 Old 05-12-2020, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones View Post
Epson's warranty is one of the best but unfortunately their quality control sucks in their refurbished projectors. Sounds like something is wrong with the projector. Contact Epson and see if they can help. One suggestion is do a factory reset and make sure 3D is set to auto and play a 3D BR disc if you so no 3D double image without the glasses or if wearing the glasses makes no difference something is amiss.
thanks for your instant suggestion. I am so frustrated today as i only set up everything ONLY for 3D and if 3D does not work, its like waste of time/efforts for me...
I will again double check everything tomorrow morning and share the update here. I ll also call them tomorrow. So frustrating as again i need to unmount , ship it back and wait for new one....OMG...but i was wondering how come 3D alone will have an issue while regular blurays are fine..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page