• 1 Post By slobster

post #1 of 5 Old 05-20-2020, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Epson 3700 issue

Hello fellow humans,

So I purchased an Epson 3700 a couple of years ago, I love it btw but I don’t really want to upgrade until Epson has a full 4K projector. Anyway the issue I am having is in really dark scenes or all black screens I can see two maybe 3-5” faint round blobs of pink.
I just ran a YouTube color test where it does white reference, and RGB, they all look really good.
Before I try and clean this thing out is it possible the bulb might be going out? Bulb has 2500 hours of mixed ECO and Medium brightness.
It’s not super bad, no one but me has noticed it, it’s really not noticeable with normal use. I can try and get a pic of it too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-20-2020, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Hi,

that's probably dust on one of the LCD panels. Try to adjust focus and see if you can focus on the blobs. If you manage to focus on the blobs, it's almost surely dust on the LCD panel. No Chance there's any relation between this issue and the bulb.

Don't blow compressed air into the projector. If you want to clean this, you need to remove the optical block from the projector. If you're not sure about how to do it, send a message here before you try.
noob00224 and Car67 like this.

4,3 x 2,8m semi-blacked out media room | 2010 MacMini > Pioneer VSX-520-K > JVC RS50 (X7) > 107", 1.1 gain, white screen | JVC X30 (RS45)
post #3 of 5 Old 05-24-2020, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by descalabro View Post
Hi,

that's probably dust on one of the LCD panels. Try to adjust focus and see if you can focus on the blobs. If you manage to focus on the blobs, it's almost surely dust on the LCD panel. No Chance there's any relation between this issue and the bulb.

Don't blow compressed air into the projector. If you want to clean this, you need to remove the optical block from the projector. If you're not sure about how to do it, send a message here before you try.
Thanks. I can almost focus them in, they do get quite a bit brighter.
I'm going to follow a few videos on YouTube, doesn't look to difficult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-24-2020, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Just to close this one out.
I cleaned out the optical block area and the pink blobs are gone. I was under the assumption the pink blobs would show up on white or lighter images, in my case it was pink blobs in dark scenes.
descalabro likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-25-2020, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by slobster View Post
Just to close this one out.
I cleaned out the optical block area and the pink blobs are gone. I was under the assumption the pink blobs would show up on white or lighter images, in my case it was pink blobs in dark scenes.

I’m glad you solved it. The reason blobs are more visible on darker images is that light isn’t there to wash over them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4,3 x 2,8m semi-blacked out media room | 2010 MacMini > Pioneer VSX-520-K > JVC RS50 (X7) > 107", 1.1 gain, white screen | JVC X30 (RS45)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page