Any “simple” way to control light bounce back without permanent room changes - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By noob00224

post #1 of 4 Old 05-22-2020, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Any “simple” way to control light bounce back without permanent room changes

So I recently got a brighter screen, image really pops now and I even turned down the dynamic iris to nearly fully shut. The problem is since it’s brighter my silky blacks (better than lcd) now look a bit to grey (like an IPS screen) it’s a jvc x790r. White color screen, previous screen was just a darker color. I did not think it would effect the image blacks so much as it was starting tI get a little dim with the lamp hours. Anyway I have matte finish beige walls. Only 3 walls as it’s an open room and have black out curtains and sound panels and a couch and stuff covering about 70% of the walls. Next I have a off white carpet (with those different colors so that stains would be harder to see) PJ is about 24 inch off the floor. Last the ceiling is a matte pure white not popcorn but textures and is angled at about 45 degrees for 3 feet then goes flat and then angled again at the opposite wall. PJ is 2 inches from the angle part of the ceiling.

Now it’s there any relatively easy way to help lower the bounce back light hitting the screen and washing out the image.

I’ve seen this PJ in a true black out room with all black carpet walls,etc. it’s just I’ll be moving in two years or less, hopefully in about 1 year or less. Just I don’t want to do a new carpet or F up the ceiling and not be able to have it white again, if it wasn’t textured I’d paint it this week.

Again just trying to reduce the light probably mostly from the ceiling and floor with something kinda easy, as in bright scenes the room is lit up almost like daytime, or atleast until I used black paper and curtains to cut out nearly all ambient light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-22-2020, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 185 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5674 Post(s)
Liked: 6238
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Now it’s there any relatively easy way to help lower the bounce back light hitting the screen and washing out the image.

I’ve seen this PJ in a true black out room with all black carpet walls,etc. it’s just I’ll be moving in two years or less, hopefully in about 1 year or less. Just I don’t want to do a new carpet or F up the ceiling and not be able to have it white again, if it wasn’t textured I’d paint it this week.
hi, check out the The Blacker the Theater, The Better the Image in the 3K+ Projector forum, there's a number of suggestions throughout the thread for non-permanent blackout solutions.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...image-250.html
post #3 of 4 Old 05-22-2020, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 95
have you seen the one where they just pulled out a velvet curtain to cover the ceiling, Left & right walls?
must be using rollers there to smoothly pull it out easily on demand

XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS, Vmai M200 Pico
Xbox One S, LG SH4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-22-2020, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelee View Post
have you seen the one where they just pulled out a velvet curtain to cover the ceiling, Left & right walls?
must be using rollers there to smoothly pull it out easily on demand
No rollers:
http://www.cinetson.org/phpBB3/viewt...p?f=40&t=37768

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-d...l#post55371802

And the thread mentioned in the post above.
wheelee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page