Originally Posted by tvted
That's interesting. Are the convergence patterns in there as well?
No (at least I did'nt see it) and ther isn't a panel adjust either. I think the only thing useful is probably the additional items on the self check page which looks more like the AE700 page.
It's interesting that the service manual makes no mention of getting to the other nenu via the OSD . I wonder what else lurks inside the PJ.
Here is the text from the service manual on this menu.
2 Ext Option
This projector has EXT OPTION in addition to standard on-screen menus.
There are SELF CHECK and FLICKER ADJ for service, etc.
2.1. Procedure to enter EXT OPTION
1. When the projector is power ON, press "POWER" button on the main unit or remote control unit to display "POWER OFF" confirmation screen.
2. Press the right-arrow" "button to select "CANCEL" in the "POWER OFF" confirmation screen.
3. On the main unit or remote control unit, press the buttons in order of up-arrow" ",down-arrow" ", up-arrow"
down-arrow" "and "ENTER".
(When the "ENTER" button is pressed, "EXT OPTION" menu is displayed.)
2.2. EXT OPTION Menu and Functions
Setting the cooling fan motor rotation speed
- Switching ON "FAN FULLMODE", the rotation level of the fan becomes high-speed rotation (fixed). Moreover, when "FAN FULLMODE" is ON, changing "FAN CONTROL" in OPTION becomes impossible (setting FAN FULLMODE is given priority more than FAN CONTROL).
Setting AUTO SETUP mode
- NORMAL: To set the normal mode (the dot clock is adjusted strictly)
- SPECIAL: To set the special mode (the dot clock is adjusted roughly)
* Do not change the initial setting (NORMAL).
To enter the self-check mode
To enter the flicker adjustment mode
When non-standard signal of 525i/625i is inputted (AV amplifier, etc.), synchronization might be disordered according to connected equipment. In this case, set 525i SD to ON.
When 525p/625p signal is inputted, reflection noise (vertical striated beat) might be generated according to connected equipment. In this case, set 525p OS to ON. However, the resolution decreases a little.
When non-standard signal of VIDEO/S-VIDEO is inputted (VCR, VHD, etc.), horizontal synchronization might be disordered according to connected equipment. In this case, set HPLL to OFF.