DP>HDMI for 4k@60 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-26-2018, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
DP>HDMI for [email protected]

Hello all, I've a very specific question and the title says it all. I use the latest ubuntu and Kodi for the HTPC. Do any adapters exist that will for sure work with Kodi and ubuntu and achieve 4k&60fps (with or w/out HDR).

If the answer is a yes: are there any weird behaviors from such devices that I should know?

Long story short I need another htpc and would prefer integrated graphics only, with linux and kodi of course. And I'm getting impatient for the next round of processors w/ integrated graphics and motherboards that support hdmi 2.0+

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-30-2018, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 786
I'm using a Cirago (Part no: 4KADP2HDMPF) DisplayPort to HDMI Ultra HD 4K Active Adapter and it simply works with both Ubuntu (18.10)/Windows 10 Pro (Pro Insider Preview). Supports up to 3840x2160 @ 60Hz and includes HDMI 2.0/DisplayPort 1.2. With Ubuntu I have had zero issues. With Windows (it's dual boot) once I installed the chipset drivers for my motherboard (ASUS Hero X) when the PC wakes from hibernation it has resized my active windows. Such as it has lost sync at some point during the process although the desktop comes back as 4K. I'm using a 43" Samsung TV (IPS panel).

125" Projection | 5.2.4 Audio | Shield TV | LibreELEC/ODROID-C2 Kodi Media Client | Ubuntu/ODROID-XU4 NAS/Server | 65" LG OLED TV | TiVo | Shield TV |
| Water cooled PC - i7-8700K - NVMe - RTX 2080 - 4K 43" Monitor |
post #3 of 3 Old 01-02-2019, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
I'm using a Cirago (Part no: 4KADP2HDMPF) DisplayPort to HDMI Ultra HD 4K Active Adapter and it simply works with both Ubuntu (18.10)/Windows 10 Pro (Pro Insider Preview). Supports up to 3840x2160 @ 60Hz and includes HDMI 2.0/DisplayPort 1.2. With Ubuntu I have had zero issues. With Windows (it's dual boot) once I installed the chipset drivers for my motherboard (ASUS Hero X) when the PC wakes from hibernation it has resized my active windows. Such as it has lost sync at some point during the process although the desktop comes back as 4K. I'm using a 43" Samsung TV (IPS panel).
thank you for the reply, I will give it a try. thats exactly what im looking for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC - Linux Chat

Tags
htpc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page