Sim2 Lumis Owners Thread - Page 76 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 37Likes

post #2251 of 2267 Old 11-16-2017, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Selling my Lumis HOST, T2 Lens, PM me for details but I've moved and no longer have the space for a theater. ISCO3 Lens also available. https://www.audiogon.com/listings/pr...8-home-theater

Last edited by owl1; 11-16-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2267 Old 10-01-2018, 02:13 AM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Anyone have a spare bulb for the Lumis 3DS?

Also, trying to find a list of the error codes...searched this entire thread and came up empty. Any help would be appreciated!
post #2253 of 2267 Old 08-21-2019, 03:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello! I now own the JVC X790, but I have problems perceiving dynamic scenes after my old plasma panel. I really like the JVC image, but in some very dynamic scenes I even have to look away from the screen. Therefore, for some time now I began to look towards DLP projectors. Do you think SIM2 Lumis is still a worthy candidate when considering used devices in the price range up to $ 6000? Or is the quality of modern 4k DLP no worse than the old 1080p sim2? I look at the 110 "diagonal just a white screen in a fully prepared room viewing distance of 12 '.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2254 of 2267 Old 08-21-2019, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Quoted: 7628 Post(s)
Liked: 9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman777 View Post
Hello! I now own the JVC X790, but I have problems perceiving dynamic scenes after my old plasma panel. I really like the JVC image, but in some very dynamic scenes I even have to look away from the screen. Therefore, for some time now I began to look towards DLP projectors. Do you think SIM2 Lumis is still a worthy candidate when considering used devices in the price range up to $ 6000? Or is the quality of modern 4k DLP no worse than the old 1080p sim2? I look at the 110 "diagonal just a white screen in a fully prepared room viewing distance of 12 '.
What do you mean you have to " look away " - is it too bright ?
post #2255 of 2267 Old 08-21-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyguy666 View Post
Anyone have a spare bulb for the Lumis 3DS?

Also, trying to find a list of the error codes...searched this entire thread and came up empty. Any help would be appreciated!
I'd contact SIM2 for help -

USA, South America and Canada
SIM2 USA Inc.
#10216 NW 47th Street
Sunrise FL 33351
Phone. +1-954-442 2999
Fax. +1-954-442 2998
Email: [email protected]
post #2256 of 2267 Old 08-21-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Quote:
What do you mean you have to " look away " - is it too bright ?
no it’s not bright, I use 0.7 gain alr screen and low brightness. It's just that when dynamic scenes go on, I get the feeling that everything is getting blurry. It seems like when someone throws sand in the eyes. The same feeling when I look at a large flat LCD panel.
post #2257 of 2267 Old 08-21-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
no it’s not bright, I use 0.7 gain alr screen and low brightness. It's just that when dynamic scenes go on, I get the feeling that everything is getting blurry. It seems like when someone throws sand in the eyes. The same feeling when I look at a large flat LCD panel.
Ah - this is a motion issue ? Are you watching 24p content ?
post #2258 of 2267 Old 08-21-2019, 10:27 AM

Yes. Its a motion issue! I’m watching only 23.976p content.
Everyone says that DLP perfectly conveys movement. In commercial cinemas, I have no problems with movement. I understand that I have a very good x790 projector, but the transmission of movements is terrible. if I sell it and buy a used Lumis, will I lose much in picture quality compared to jvc?
post #2259 of 2267 Old 08-22-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Yes. Its a motion issue! I’m watching only 23.976p content.
Everyone says that DLP perfectly conveys movement. In commercial cinemas, I have no problems with movement. I understand that I have a very good x790 projector, but the transmission of movements is terrible. if I sell it and buy a used Lumis, will I lose much in picture quality compared to jvc?
It's been a few years since I had my Lumis, but you are going to get film judder at times on 24p material even with a DLP - or a flat panel for that matter. I don't find motion a problem on the new 4K JVC's, and I don't recall it being a problem on the Sony VW600 or my Lumis. If at all possible, see if you can demo before you buy. And bring " La La Land " for test material - it was shot on film at 24p.
post #2260 of 2267 Old 08-22-2019, 11:59 AM

I know that I have very sensitive vision for motion transmission and DLP as a whole, as well as CRT for this parameter are preferable for me. But I'm interested in how far jvc has gone compared to lumis? I know that black is much deeper on jvc, but the picture is not only black. I read a lot of tests and everywhere compared sim2 with the projectors of their time. And now no one compares sim2 lumis for example with jvc x790.
post #2261 of 2267 Old 01-27-2020, 05:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello, i have got C3X Lumis Uno recently. Two questions:
1) what is latest firmware and how to install it?
2) How to turn on service menu and how to know out what lenses (T1 or T2) are installed in my projector?
post #2262 of 2267 Old 02-13-2020, 10:57 PM

Hi Anton! There are many references to entering the service menu. On my Sim2, this worked great. I contacted SIM2 support, which surprised me with its responsiveness. They not only advised on all issues, but also provided access to a database of service data. I will try to lay out here if they allow me. Private messages do not work for me as there are few messages on the site. And I can’t even reply to messages that come to me from other conference participants.
For example, I would like to reply to bdht
Code:
Hello bdht!
Unfortunately, the message didn’t come to my mail and I saw your answer late. Thanks for the feedback. A very small number of people pay attention to the transmission of movement. I understand that this applies to the particularities of each person’s vision, and projector manufacturers rely on the majority. Currently, my theater is in a long reconstruction. During this time I purchased 2 projectors. First bought on Ebay NuVision ProVu P2 (aka Vivitek H9080FD). 
I couldn’t test it normally without a theater and I realized that it’s not very bright and with very little rainbow effect. Most recently, I managed to buy a SIM2 Lumis with an ASCO IIIL aspherical lens. I tested it very little and literally only checked for serviceability. I was surprised that the lens of this projector is small for such an expensive projector. It also seemed to me that the green color is not as saturated as on NuVision.
 You showed me a picture from Vivitek which has a very wide range, but the setting pinches this range to the narrow limits of Rec709. I will also use HTPC with MADVR on board and have an X-Rite Display PRO color calibrator and naturally create 3DLUT.
I am very interested in how you managed to reset Color gamut to natural (LED) on your Mico?
post #2263 of 2267 Old 02-14-2020, 12:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 192
@Iceman777 Oh hey! Yes the green saturation on the led models is very high, on the Mico it has a Native gamut setting and no cms in the normal menu. The Lumis' native gamut is probably between bt709 and p3, I dont believe the Lumis has a color filter, i dont know that you could manually install one and it would eat some light output.

Do you mean display the projectors native gamut? Which would just be the Gamut: Native setting. Or reset the CMS(HSG) settings? For the H9080? If the factory default option doesnt reset the cms I'm afraid you'd have to do each field manually. Be sure to photograph the calibrated cms settings beforehand. Also check the other presets perhaps one wasnt calibrated(there is a 4th in the menu if the remote only has 3 options). Yes the H9080 and other first gen Delta models are only around 400 lumens, however, with my q750i, between the light source, native gamut, and the gamma shift from the dynamic dimming feature, it seems to brighten the unit up quite a bit. It's a good compliment to the Lumis though if you want solid state for some content instead of using the Lumis' bulb life
Aztar35 likes this.
post #2264 of 2267 Old 02-14-2020, 02:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Pogostovsky View Post
Hello, i have got C3X Lumis Uno recently. Two questions:
1) what is latest firmware and how to install it?
2) How to turn on service menu and how to know out what lenses (T1 or T2) are installed in my projector?
Hi I suggest you to contact sim2 directly

SIM2 USA

10216 NW 47th Street

Sunrise FL 33351

t-954-442-2999 ext.1003

f-954-442-2998
post #2265 of 2267 Old 02-14-2020, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdht View Post
@Iceman777 Oh hey! Yes the green saturation on the led models is very high, on the Mico it has a Native gamut setting and no cms in the normal menu. The Lumis' native gamut is probably between bt709 and p3, I dont believe the Lumis has a color filter, i dont know that you could manually install one and it would eat some light output.

Do you mean display the projectors native gamut? Which would just be the Gamut: Native setting. Or reset the CMS(HSG) settings? For the H9080? If the factory default option doesnt reset the cms I'm afraid you'd have to do each field manually. Be sure to photograph the calibrated cms settings beforehand. Also check the other presets perhaps one wasnt calibrated(there is a 4th in the menu if the remote only has 3 options). Yes the H9080 and other first gen Delta models are only around 400 lumens, however, with my q750i, between the light source, native gamut, and the gamma shift from the dynamic dimming feature, it seems to brighten the unit up quite a bit. It's a good compliment to the Lumis though if you want solid state for some content instead of using the Lumis' bulb life
ViVitek projectors do not have the option of switching to a natural color space, as is done on SIM2. But I saw the image that you sent me and drew attention to a wider color gamut than Rec709. I understand how to configure the projector for reference settings through special programs, but unfortunately I do not understand how to bring it to the maximum color gamut with CMS settings.
post #2266 of 2267 Old 02-14-2020, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
how to bring it to the maximum color gamut with CMS settings.
Does the projectors menu look like this?

If so, you would select Color Gamut: Native. Then HSG, and set all saturation points to 100.
post #2267 of 2267 Old 02-17-2020, 03:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi Anton! There are many references to entering the service menu. On my Sim2, this worked great. I contacted SIM2 support, which surprised me with its responsiveness. They not only advised on all issues, but also provided access to a database of service data. I will try to lay out here if they allow me. Private messages do not work for me as there are few messages on the site. And I can’t even reply to messages that come to me from other conference participants.
For example, I would like to reply to bdht
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page