Trinnov Altitude - Page 204 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3500Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6091 of 9137 Old 01-25-2019, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
kingwiggi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: UK -> FL, USA
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasalle View Post
The digital out is feeding the Alcons Sentinal amps. They use XLR type connectors. The 16 channels span 5 amps (L,C,R bi-amped). Its not clear to me how that would work with Cat6 although they do have network audio RJ-45 connections.

Gotcha, In my case the Q-SYS amps are also connected via cat6. I have never had such a low noise floor as I do with my current system.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trinnov Altitude 32, LCR JBL M2, JBL LSR 708i, 705i, Q-SYS Core 110f, Amps- QSC CXD4.2Q, 4.3Q, 4.5Q
Kaleidescape Strato, Zapitti 4K HDR Duo, Xbox One X, 8TB Tivo Roamio Pro,
JVC RS600 + ISCO IIIL, 158" 2.40:1 AT screen, Calman 5 Enthusiast, i1 Pro 2, i1 Display Pro, Spyder 5, 3D LUT Box
Oppo UDP-203, BDP-105, Onkyo DAC-1000s, Onkyo DP-X1 DAP, QNAP TVS-871
kingwiggi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6092 of 9137 Old 01-25-2019, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 4,335
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
Liked: 881
I ordered the microphone below which is technically called a Microphone Shock Mount. it should be able to hold the Altitude's Calibration Mic and and attach to a boom without requiring special EURO/METRIC screw on attachments.

I suspect I could also attach a series of small levels or a circular level to this thing in order to get the entire system more accurately angled as well. I am not sure where I would mount a true circular level on this thing. I could possibly mount a circular level on the bottom of this and measure from below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 4.03.16 PM.png
Views:	62
Size:	3.39 MB
ID:	2516192  
oldsteve likes this.

Blazar!
blazar is offline  
post #6093 of 9137 Old 01-25-2019, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
jbm007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New London, North Carolina
Posts: 681
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazar View Post
I ordered the microphone below which is technically called a Microphone Shock Mount. it should be able to hold the Altitude's Calibration Mic and and attach to a boom without requiring special EURO/METRIC screw on attachments.

I suspect I could also attach a series of small levels or a circular level to this thing in order to get the entire system more accurately angled as well. I am not sure where I would mount a true circular level on this thing. I could possibly mount a circular level on the bottom of this and measure from below.
I have the same mount and it works fine.

I just mount the mic and take the cover off, then take the cap off the plastic cover, flip it over and set the bubble level on top.

works just fine.
jbm007 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6094 of 9137 Old 01-26-2019, 05:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Newbie question. How to I increase the gain on the subwoofer channel?

I have a pair of Rythmik FV15HP connected to Altitude Channel 18 and 19. I have set the Rythmik Volume control to 3 oclock.

During the calibration process, I get error message that the measurement is too low.

In the speakers setup page, the channel define as sub does not have adjustment for gain.

where can I adjust the gain for the subwoofer ?

Thanks in advance for all advise received,
wongikmg is offline  
post #6095 of 9137 Old 01-27-2019, 05:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,600
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5008 Post(s)
Liked: 3837
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongikmg View Post
Newbie question. How to I increase the gain on the subwoofer channel?

I have a pair of Rythmik FV15HP connected to Altitude Channel 18 and 19. I have set the Rythmik Volume control to 3 oclock.

During the calibration process, I get error message that the measurement is too low.

In the speakers setup page, the channel define as sub does not have adjustment for gain.

where can I adjust the gain for the subwoofer ?

Thanks in advance for all advise received,
Is the error message specifically about the sub or "in general"? Have you tried turning up the gain on your Rythmic subs? I do find that odd, however, that at that setting on your sub you have that error message if it is specific to the sub. During the Trinnov measurement process, have you looked at the SPL levels to insure they are high enough?
audioguy is offline  
post #6096 of 9137 Old 01-27-2019, 07:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
Lasalle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 945
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Has anyone hooked up their Trinnov to a D-box Hemc? In reading the manual (external DAC section) it looks like the Trinnov does not down mix the full multi channel codec to the stereo analog or digital outs and instead sends the decoded L&R. I could not find anything on the headphone output but assume it would be the same. Do I need to use HDMI out2 with an external audio extraction box to get a full down mixed signal?
Lasalle is online now  
post #6097 of 9137 Old 01-27-2019, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
adidino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,937
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasalle View Post
Has anyone hooked up their Trinnov to a D-box Hemc? In reading the manual (external DAC section) it looks like the Trinnov does not down mix the full multi channel codec to the stereo analog or digital outs and instead sends the decoded L&R. I could not find anything on the headphone output but assume it would be the same. Do I need to use HDMI out2 with an external audio extraction box to get a full down mixed signal?
I'm using actuators. You can utilize the digital output of the Trinnov which is an uncorrected, fixed signal. Connect to a DAC (I'm using a PS Audio DLink, to the amp/actuators). Works like a charm. The digital output will output what is assigned to analog output 1 and 2. If you assigned LFE to either one of those during your calibration setup, that is what will output to the digital out.
Lasalle likes this.

AudioXtream
Authorized Dealer:

Trinnov, Anthem, SVS, Triad, Genelec,
Revel, JBL Synthesis/JBL Pro, Paradigm, Kaleidescape, PS Audio, JVC,
Panamorph, LG

Last edited by adidino; 01-27-2019 at 07:51 AM.
adidino is offline  
post #6098 of 9137 Old 01-27-2019, 07:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
Is the error message specifically about the sub or "in general"? Have you tried turning up the gain on your Rythmic subs? I do find that odd, however, that at that setting on your sub you have that error message if it is specific to the sub. During the Trinnov measurement process, have you looked at the SPL levels to insure they are high enough?
The error message is specifically about the sub.
There is no issue with during the calibration process of all the other speakers.

When I use the pink noise to check that speakers are assign to the correct output, I notice the sub SPL is very low. No issue with the SPL for all speakers.

I need to find a way to boast the gain of the sub channel so that I have increase the SPL of the sub.
wongikmg is offline  
post #6099 of 9137 Old 01-27-2019, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
appelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: A Hilton property near you!
Posts: 883
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongikmg View Post
The error message is specifically about the sub.
There is no issue with during the calibration process of all the other speakers.

When I use the pink noise to check that speakers are assign to the correct output, I notice the sub SPL is very low. No issue with the SPL for all speakers.

I need to find a way to boast the gain of the sub channel so that I have increase the SPL of the sub.
On the Active Crossovers page, you can adjust output at the bottom left. Speaker selection is across the top.

Seems odd that those subs aren't playing loud enough tho. I would verify wiring, configuration, settings on the subwoofer itself such as crossovers or filters, etc before making adjustments there.

If the error you are seeing is about Crest Factor, then that is another type of problem.

Adam Pelz ,Acoustic Mafia - Hear No Evil
JBL Master ARCOS Calibrator, CEDIA Designer, Home Acoustics Alliance Instructor LIII, THX HT1+ HT2+ Video, Level III Trinnov Altitude Calibrator
Mercenary Calibrator for Manufacturers, Integrators and System Owners
appelz is online now  
post #6100 of 9137 Old 01-27-2019, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,600
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5008 Post(s)
Liked: 3837
@appelz

Very clever and informative !!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 11.58.08 AM.png
Views:	245
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	2516962  
sdrucker, RUR and gwthacker like this.
audioguy is offline  
post #6101 of 9137 Old 01-27-2019, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
sdrucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1658 Post(s)
Liked: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
@appelz

Very clever and informative !!!

George Clooney, meet Adam...although I’m sure smoothing out room modes and maximizing the sweet triangle is better than flying around the country firing people ala “Up In The Air”. LOL
appelz likes this.

Audio Gear: Trinnov Altitude 32 (24 channel), NAD M27 amps (3)
Video: JVC RS600, Seymour 100" UF Screen, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 (coming soon)
Speakers: PSB Imagine T3 LCR, Imagine T Wides/Side Surround 1, T2 Side Surrounds, Imagine XB rears, Image B6 screens, PSB CS1000 ceilings (6), HSU ULS-15 Mk 2 subs (4) - 13.4.6
HAA HT1 and HT2 Certification
sdrucker is offline  
post #6102 of 9137 Old 01-27-2019, 11:59 AM
Senior Member
 
A7mad78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 438
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasalle View Post
Has anyone hooked up their Trinnov to a D-box Hemc? In reading the manual (external DAC section) it looks like the Trinnov does not down mix the full multi channel codec to the stereo analog or digital outs and instead sends the decoded L&R. I could not find anything on the headphone output but assume it would be the same. Do I need to use HDMI out2 with an external audio extraction box to get a full down mixed signal?


I was told that I need converter and i took it but never use connect direct to trinnov and works as clock


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lasalle likes this.
A7mad78 is online now  
post #6103 of 9137 Old 01-28-2019, 11:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 4,335
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
Liked: 881
I just got in my MiniDSP SHD for subwoofer calibration which is a bit excessively priced for what I want to do but I got these advantages:

XLR outputs without breakout cables
Rack Mountable
Good Fidelity - definitely out of the box had no noise or hum issues like the Behringer Ultracurve has.
Compatible with MSO and REW systems

Recall I purchased this thing to calibrate my subs better with the Altitude since I was not able to achieve the results I wanted with the Altitude calibration.

I started with a mono S1 output from the Altitude to the MiniDSP SHD.
Then I simply used the delay difference between my front sub pair and real sub pair (about 5.6ms based on measurements previously taken by the altitude). The rear subs being closer, were dialed in to a 5.6ms delay.
Additionally, my rear subs were set to a crossover of 80hz so I don't hear music out of them.
My front subs are maintained without a crossover in the minidsp since I have to crossover them in the Altitude for my speakers at 110hz.

Prior Issues: Due to my relatively high crossover point, I could not simply use the Altitude S1,S2,S3,S4 outputs since the "Stacked sub" compensation would not be acceptable. The stacked sub compensation worked somewhat but then the 80-110hz range also was brought down in volume (unintended consequences).

Anyway, once the minidsp was setup as above, I simply ran the optimizer.

The result is much more coherent in my situation. Bass is more tactile due to perfected delay compensation (just like the altitude achieves) while also being nice and linear in terms of response all the way to my crossover point.

Overall results are excellent and I think this is a great way of managing multiple subwoofers until Trinnov has some more options in this regard for more automatically adjusting volume on stacked subs by actually testing them in summed mode and not just individually.

I attached an image of the S1 subwoofer output and another image of the S1 and L1 at the same time. The final result has been excellent.

I do need to do some more listening but I do think so far that this is the subjectively the best my setup has sounded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 1.28.30 AM.png
Views:	57
Size:	499.7 KB
ID:	2517744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 1.28.54 AM.png
Views:	58
Size:	580.6 KB
ID:	2517746  
LydMekk, termatogazi and Pradeep2 like this.

Blazar!
blazar is offline  
post #6104 of 9137 Old 01-29-2019, 03:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
Lasalle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 945
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post
I'm using actuators. You can utilize the digital output of the Trinnov which is an uncorrected, fixed signal. Connect to a DAC (I'm using a PS Audio DLink, to the amp/actuators). Works like a charm. The digital output will output what is assigned to analog output 1 and 2. If you assigned LFE to either one of those during your calibration setup, that is what will output to the digital out.
Thanks, if I understand you correctly, on a 7.1 codec input the SPDIF will get the R and L discrete channels assigned to it, not a down mixed stereo signal. During calibration you can assign the LFE to one of those channels to get a fuller mix, and this is enough of the 7.1 signal for the D-BOX to operate correctly.

Will assigning the LFE to a R or L impact the playback of the main system R or L? The system will use the digital DB25 for 16 channels including the R&L which will be crossed over into the subs. Thanks, Brad

Last edited by Lasalle; 01-29-2019 at 04:08 AM.
Lasalle is online now  
post #6105 of 9137 Old 01-29-2019, 05:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,600
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5008 Post(s)
Liked: 3837
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazar View Post
I just got in my MiniDSP SHD for subwoofer calibration which is a bit excessively priced for what I want to do but I got these advantages:

XLR outputs without breakout cables
Rack Mountable
Good Fidelity - definitely out of the box had no noise or hum issues like the Behringer Ultracurve has.
Compatible with MSO and REW systems

Recall I purchased this thing to calibrate my subs better with the Altitude since I was not able to achieve the results I wanted with the Altitude calibration.

I started with a mono S1 output from the Altitude to the MiniDSP SHD.
Then I simply used the delay difference between my front sub pair and real sub pair (about 5.6ms based on measurements previously taken by the altitude). The rear subs being closer, were dialed in to a 5.6ms delay.
Additionally, my rear subs were set to a crossover of 80hz so I don't hear music out of them.
My front subs are maintained without a crossover in the minidsp since I have to crossover them in the Altitude for my speakers at 110hz.

Prior Issues: Due to my relatively high crossover point, I could not simply use the Altitude S1,S2,S3,S4 outputs since the "Stacked sub" compensation would not be acceptable. The stacked sub compensation worked somewhat but then the 80-110hz range also was brought down in volume (unintended consequences).

Anyway, once the minidsp was setup as above, I simply ran the optimizer.

The result is much more coherent in my situation. Bass is more tactile due to perfected delay compensation (just like the altitude achieves) while also being nice and linear in terms of response all the way to my crossover point.

Overall results are excellent and I think this is a great way of managing multiple subwoofers until Trinnov has some more options in this regard for more automatically adjusting volume on stacked subs by actually testing them in summed mode and not just individually.

I attached an image of the S1 subwoofer output and another image of the S1 and L1 at the same time. The final result has been excellent.

I do need to do some more listening but I do think so far that this is the subjectively the best my setup has sounded.
Congrats on getting the results you were hoping for. Did you use any PEQs in the miniDSP or do them all in the Trinnov? How about level balancing in the miniDSP? Using REW or equivalent, you can adjust levels of the various sub sets, along with delays and really "dial in" the smoothest pre-EQ response possible. The do PEQs and then re-measure your room and run Optimizer.

I've used a miniDSP (or equivalent) for as long as I've had multiple subs. I've never owned a processor that handled non equidistant subs correctly, and the Trinnov is no exception.

Glad it worked out for you. And just think. Now you have even "more dials" to twist and turn and diddle with in addition to all of those on the Trinnov. The fun never ceases !!!
audioguy is offline  
post #6106 of 9137 Old 01-29-2019, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
Lasalle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 945
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasalle View Post
Thanks, if I understand you correctly, on a 7.1 codec input the SPDIF will get the R and L discrete channels assigned to it, not a down mixed stereo signal. During calibration you can assign the LFE to one of those channels to get a fuller mix, and this is enough of the 7.1 signal for the D-BOX to operate correctly.

Will assigning the LFE to a R or L impact the playback of the main system R or L? The system will use the digital DB25 for 16 channels including the R&L which will be crossed over into the subs. Thanks, Brad
I sent an email to Trinnov support regarding the D-box hook up here is their response:

Question:
Hi I'm about a month away from ordering an Attitude 32 and am looking at the best way to connect it to a D-box Hemc? In reading the manual (external DAC section) it looks like the Trinnov does not down mix the full multi channel codec to the stereo analog or digital outs and instead sends the decoded L&R. I could not find anything on the headphone output but assume it would be the same. Do I need to use HDMI out2 with an external audio extraction box to get a full down mixed signal or am I incorrect and the digitial out carries a fully downmixed stereo signal?

Response:

Tom Brunet [email protected] via freshdesk.com
9:07 AM (12 minutes ago)
to me

Hello,

To answer your question about the D-box, the only solution would be that the signal has to be downmixed with a external device (ex: Atlona AT-HD-M2C)
connected to the D-box.

Kind regards/Cordialement
--




Trinnov Audio Headquarters
5, rue Edmond Michelet - 93360 Neuilly-Plaisance - FRANCE

www.trinnov.com
Tom Brunet | Technical support
e: [email protected]
p: +33 1 47 06 61 37


It sounds like some have gotten the D-box to respond well to a discrete L&R, but I though I would share their response.
Lasalle is online now  
post #6107 of 9137 Old 01-29-2019, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 4,335
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
Liked: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
Congrats on getting the results you were hoping for. Did you use any PEQs in the miniDSP or do them all in the Trinnov? How about level balancing in the miniDSP? Using REW or equivalent, you can adjust levels of the various sub sets, along with delays and really "dial in" the smoothest pre-EQ response possible. The do PEQs and then re-measure your room and run Optimizer.

I've used a miniDSP (or equivalent) for as long as I've had multiple subs. I've never owned a processor that handled non equidistant subs correctly, and the Trinnov is no exception.

Glad it worked out for you. And just think. Now you have even "more dials" to twist and turn and diddle with in addition to all of those on the Trinnov. The fun never ceases !!!
For this round I am extremely happy with the results simply doing 80hz low pass on my rear subs and delay compensation for my rear subs relative to my front subs (which are farther away).

Besides that, I let the altitude do the rest and the results are amazing.

The altitude is having a hard time making sense of my 5 near field drivers behind the seats. I think I will need to manually dial in delay on those too...

The other option to consider would be MSO (multisubwoofer optimizer) using the minidsp but I had mixed results on that last time I tried. Last I tried, I got decent seat-to-seat consistency but the I lost tactile response. Since the minidsp and the altitude both allow preset saving, I think it will be much easier with the minidsp to dial in MSO and try again without losing other setups. I think I will end up trying again but I've learned a bit more about how to set the limits on the MSO to not over do it.

Blazar!
blazar is offline  
post #6108 of 9137 Old 01-30-2019, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
appelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: A Hilton property near you!
Posts: 883
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrucker View Post
George Clooney, meet Adam...although I’m sure smoothing out room modes and maximizing the sweet triangle is better than flying around the country firing people ala “Up In The Air”. LOL
Sold our house at Thanksgiving, so I've essentially been homeless since then. Moving to Nashville as soon as I have a couple days to look at houses. I was home 2 days in October, 4 days including Thanksgiving in November, December was about the same and have been out since Jan 1 this month...so my wife considers me derelict and homeless anyway!

Adam Pelz ,Acoustic Mafia - Hear No Evil
JBL Master ARCOS Calibrator, CEDIA Designer, Home Acoustics Alliance Instructor LIII, THX HT1+ HT2+ Video, Level III Trinnov Altitude Calibrator
Mercenary Calibrator for Manufacturers, Integrators and System Owners
appelz is online now  
post #6109 of 9137 Old 01-30-2019, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
Berland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Anyone know what is going on with Trinnov? Last year - fantastic service and quick responses. This year; no feedback on anything for the last 20+ days. I'm not very happy with this development.

Problem 1:
After HDMI board firmware upgrade it takes up to 70 seconds to switch mode (worst case; sometimes it is fast). This is connected to Apple TV 4K; same device connected directly to TV no issues at all. I have also noticed noise in black areas on SDR from Apple TV 4K (never seen this before).

Problem 2
Unable to playback 5.1 material in 176.4kHz or 192kHz (audio stream breaks every 3-5 seconds). This worked after 4.2.11rc2; but same bug back again in rc4.

Problem 3
Adjusting volume up sometimes enables bypass automatically. Thought it was Roon related, but can happen on any input.

Main problem.
Zero response from Trinnov, not very happy.....

HT: Trinnov Altitude32 (AL32-1632)/Amplitude8/8M - BRYSTON 4B SST2 - B&W 802D3, 803D2, 2*DB1, HTM2D2, 804D2, SCMS, Nautilus SCM1, 805D2 - NORDOST Heimdall2/Frey2 - ISOTEK EVO3 Titan,Sigmas - LG OLED65B7V - GIK ACOUSTICS
HP: 2*MOON 430HA D, 2*MiND2 Network Player - 2*Yggdrasil - 2*Hydra Z/ZPM - ISOTEK EVO3 Sigmas, Aquarius - NORDOST Heimdall 2 - AUDEZE LCD-4 rev2, 2*LCD-XC - SHURE SE846
Berland is offline  
post #6110 of 9137 Old 01-30-2019, 03:20 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
sdrucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1658 Post(s)
Liked: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berland View Post
Anyone know what is going on with Trinnov? Last year - fantastic service and quick responses. This year; no feedback on anything for the last 20+ days. I'm not very happy with this development.

Problem 1:
After HDMI board firmware upgrade it takes up to 70 seconds to switch mode (worst case; sometimes it is fast). This is connected to Apple TV 4K; same device connected directly to TV no issues at all. I have also noticed noise in black areas on SDR from Apple TV 4K (never seen this before).

Problem 2
Unable to playback 5.1 material in 176.4kHz or 192kHz (audio stream breaks every 3-5 seconds). This worked after 4.2.11rc2; but same bug back again in rc4.

Problem 3
Adjusting volume up sometimes enables bypass automatically. Thought it was Roon related, but can happen on any input.

Main problem.
Zero response from Trinnov, not very happy.....
I know there was ISE this month, but wonder if this the time in January when there's holiday breaks at the company. I remember this coming up a few years ago around the same time until roughly end of the month.

Re Problem 1 - is it only the Apple 4K? The issue needs to be troubleshoot but if it's only Apple the problem may lie there. Still it makes me glad that I'm staying away from the board upgrade (for those of us that had a choice with older Altitudes).
Re Problem 2 - I've run into problems using high channel count upmixing > 16 channels , especially with remapping, on some hi-res content, notably Neil Young's Rust Never Sleeps in multichannel 24/192. That's for DSU. You could try upmixing to few channels or (ugh) downresing the content to 96 kHz and see if that helps. But if you're getting this problem with native 5.1 playback (no upmixer).....a bug to fix.
Re Problem 3 - beats me, I haven't seen that one.

It seems you're running betas, as opposed to official release. Did you have the odd volume/bypass issue or the 176/192 problem on the last official release from 2/2018?

Audio Gear: Trinnov Altitude 32 (24 channel), NAD M27 amps (3)
Video: JVC RS600, Seymour 100" UF Screen, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 (coming soon)
Speakers: PSB Imagine T3 LCR, Imagine T Wides/Side Surround 1, T2 Side Surrounds, Imagine XB rears, Image B6 screens, PSB CS1000 ceilings (6), HSU ULS-15 Mk 2 subs (4) - 13.4.6
HAA HT1 and HT2 Certification
sdrucker is offline  
post #6111 of 9137 Old 01-30-2019, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
Berland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrucker View Post
I know there was ISE this month, but wonder if this the time in January when there's holiday breaks at the company. I remember this coming up a few years ago around the same time until roughly end of the month.

Re Problem 1 - is it only the Apple 4K? The issue needs to be troubleshoot but if it's only Apple the problem may lie there. Still it makes me glad that I'm staying away from the board upgrade (for those of us that had a choice with older Altitudes).
Re Problem 2 - I've run into problems using high channel count upmixing > 16 channels , especially with remapping, on some hi-res content, notably Neil Young's Rust Never Sleeps in multichannel 24/192. That's for DSU. You could try upmixing to few channels or (ugh) downresing the content to 96 kHz and see if that helps. But if you're getting this problem with native 5.1 playback (no upmixer).....a bug to fix.
Re Problem 3 - beats me, I haven't seen that one.

It seems you're running betas, as opposed to official release. Did you have the odd volume/bypass issue or the 176/192 problem on the last official release from 2/2018?
I just can not believe they have vacation the entire month; last response was first week of this year - after that stone dead.

Problem 1:
Problem seems to be only connected to Apple TV 4K. It worked fine before the upgrade of the HDMI board firmware.

Problem 2:
This is native 5.1 in 176.4kHz or 192kHz; it just does not work regardless of source (blu-ray via HDMI; roon endpoint via HDMI (Oppo UDP-203) or Roon endpoint in Trinnov Altitude32. This was the main reason I joined the beta-program; since it was a known issue in previous release and they had fixed in the 4.2.11rc2 (that was the first 4.2.11 version I got for this specific reason). Then I got an upgrade to 4.2.11rc4 and problem came back again. This is known issue from Trinnov they told me - so nothing to do with my device specifically. If I downsample to 96kHz it works fine; it I run 192kHz in stereo it also works fine. It actually also fails if you upmix stereo for 176.4khz and 192khz.

Problem 3:
Sometimes when I switch source (Roon or HDMI); and adjust volum up I have noticed that it automatically enables bypass (all processing off). Trinnov blamed Roon after reviewing my logs, but I did not have any volume adjustment from Roon and it actually happened later at a completely different input not even connected to Roon. They also states that Roon muted my input - and that was the reason my volume got muted.... Support did not even understand bypass (turn off processing, and mixed this with mute). So I already there started to get annoyed.

I hope there is a good reason for this as you explained with vacation etc. But when I have invested more then a new car costs in Trinnov equipment and feel completely screwed over and left on my own. It is not a good feeling.

HT: Trinnov Altitude32 (AL32-1632)/Amplitude8/8M - BRYSTON 4B SST2 - B&W 802D3, 803D2, 2*DB1, HTM2D2, 804D2, SCMS, Nautilus SCM1, 805D2 - NORDOST Heimdall2/Frey2 - ISOTEK EVO3 Titan,Sigmas - LG OLED65B7V - GIK ACOUSTICS
HP: 2*MOON 430HA D, 2*MiND2 Network Player - 2*Yggdrasil - 2*Hydra Z/ZPM - ISOTEK EVO3 Sigmas, Aquarius - NORDOST Heimdall 2 - AUDEZE LCD-4 rev2, 2*LCD-XC - SHURE SE846

Last edited by Berland; 01-30-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Berland is offline  
post #6112 of 9137 Old 01-30-2019, 06:08 PM
Senior Member
 
kamenoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 343
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berland View Post
Anyone know what is going on with Trinnov? Last year - fantastic service and quick responses. This year; no feedback on anything for the last 20+ days. I'm not very happy with this development.

Problem 1:
After HDMI board firmware upgrade it takes up to 70 seconds to switch mode (worst case; sometimes it is fast). This is connected to Apple TV 4K; same device connected directly to TV no issues at all. I have also noticed noise in black areas on SDR from Apple TV 4K (never seen this before).
Main problem.
Zero response from Trinnov, not very happy.....
I am on the same boat. I wanted to upgrade my FW and sent two requests to Trinnov...No response at all. I gave up..I had similar experience last year when I set three requests and finally they responded that they had a long weekend..Now seems to be looong month.
I don't believe the whole Company is on Holiday? I am sure that they have a Secretary or even they should set an Automatic answering that they were not available.

I did upgrade my HDMI Board and I have also noticed slow switching between the inputs. I still run the old FW and I believe that Trinnov should update it ASAP.

HT Gear: Altitude 24/32, Quested Lt8 x 11, Paradigm Sub 1, ATI AT6000 Reference, Anthem Statement P5; HTPC Steiger Dynamics LEET; PJ JVC X9000, PJ Screen: Screen Excellence (Reference); Apple TV 4K
kamenoff is offline  
post #6113 of 9137 Old 01-30-2019, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,600
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5008 Post(s)
Liked: 3837
Interesting.

I heard a saying long ago that went something like: "A thousand 'atta boys' can be cancelled by one 'oh crap'".

Unresponsive customer service is never is a good indicator. If they are away, then some kind of auto response indicating so is very easy via both their email system and on their phone system. If someone should be answering email and phone inquiries and is not, they should be terminated.

Hopefully, this will get rectified soon along with an apology and explanation of why they provided crappy/unresponsive customer service --- and what they have done to insure it never happens again.
audioguy is offline  
post #6114 of 9137 Old 01-30-2019, 10:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
maikeldepotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,959
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1554 Post(s)
Liked: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berland View Post
I just can not believe they have vacation the entire month; last response was first week of this year - after that stone dead.

I hope there is a good reason for this as you explained with vacation etc. But when I have invested more then a new car costs in Trinnov equipment and feel completely screwed over and left on my own. It is not a good feeling.
Where's the dealer in all this?

A good idea and understanding lies at the base of every successful project.
maikeldepotter is online now  
post #6115 of 9137 Old 01-31-2019, 02:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
Berland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by maikeldepotter View Post
Where's the dealer in all this?
Seems to me like the dealer get no response either. So to me this looks like an "interesting" way of running the business.

Edit:
I will not judge them until I get a reason here, but something is wrong in this organisation currently. I have flagged this to multiple people in Trinnov as well with zero response. It is almost like my e-mails don't get through (not error on sending them; I also tried to contact them via form on webpage).

Edit2:
Talked to my dealer, he was going to follow up my issues directly with them (by calling them).

HT: Trinnov Altitude32 (AL32-1632)/Amplitude8/8M - BRYSTON 4B SST2 - B&W 802D3, 803D2, 2*DB1, HTM2D2, 804D2, SCMS, Nautilus SCM1, 805D2 - NORDOST Heimdall2/Frey2 - ISOTEK EVO3 Titan,Sigmas - LG OLED65B7V - GIK ACOUSTICS
HP: 2*MOON 430HA D, 2*MiND2 Network Player - 2*Yggdrasil - 2*Hydra Z/ZPM - ISOTEK EVO3 Sigmas, Aquarius - NORDOST Heimdall 2 - AUDEZE LCD-4 rev2, 2*LCD-XC - SHURE SE846

Last edited by Berland; 01-31-2019 at 04:05 AM.
Berland is offline  
post #6116 of 9137 Old 01-31-2019, 04:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
maikeldepotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,959
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1554 Post(s)
Liked: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berland View Post
Edit2: Talked to my dealer, he was going to follow up my issues directly with them (by calling them).
Good call, my point exactly.

A good idea and understanding lies at the base of every successful project.
maikeldepotter is online now  
post #6117 of 9137 Old 01-31-2019, 05:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
donaldk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,204
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by maikeldepotter View Post
Where's the dealer in all this?
Maikel, going to Amsterdam next week? Hall5 booth U80 is the place to ask.
donaldk is offline  
post #6118 of 9137 Old 01-31-2019, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
Berland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by maikeldepotter View Post
Good call, my point exactly.
The communication is back on track. Not sure if me nagging here; or my dealer calling them solved this issue (or a combination).
maikeldepotter and Pradeep2 like this.

HT: Trinnov Altitude32 (AL32-1632)/Amplitude8/8M - BRYSTON 4B SST2 - B&W 802D3, 803D2, 2*DB1, HTM2D2, 804D2, SCMS, Nautilus SCM1, 805D2 - NORDOST Heimdall2/Frey2 - ISOTEK EVO3 Titan,Sigmas - LG OLED65B7V - GIK ACOUSTICS
HP: 2*MOON 430HA D, 2*MiND2 Network Player - 2*Yggdrasil - 2*Hydra Z/ZPM - ISOTEK EVO3 Sigmas, Aquarius - NORDOST Heimdall 2 - AUDEZE LCD-4 rev2, 2*LCD-XC - SHURE SE846
Berland is offline  
post #6119 of 9137 Old 01-31-2019, 05:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,600
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5008 Post(s)
Liked: 3837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berland View Post
The communication is back on track. Not sure if me nagging here; or my dealer calling them solved this issue (or a combination).
What was the stated reason for their lack of response?
audioguy is offline  
post #6120 of 9137 Old 01-31-2019, 05:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
maikeldepotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,959
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1554 Post(s)
Liked: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldk View Post
Maikel, going to Amsterdam next week? Hall5 booth U80 is the place to ask.
As an Altitude dealer my lines are shorter than that ...
And yes, I will be at ISE, probably on Wednesday and/or Thursday.

A good idea and understanding lies at the base of every successful project.
maikeldepotter is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off