Trinnov Altitude - Page 307 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3579Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9181 of 9270 Old 11-04-2019, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
sdrucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,343
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1674 Post(s)
Liked: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereojeff View Post
From my conversation with Curt Hoyt about a similar situation, you can even calibrate the 3 odd speakers. During calibration, when it comes time to play tones through the LRC front tops, simply turn off the microphone. Altitude will keep playing test tones. Move the mic to the new room, mount it in the desired position and turn the mic back on. The Altitude will measure the 3 "odd" speakers Once they've been measured, turn the mic off, put it back in the main measurement position and turn the mic back on. Calibration will continue. When complete Altitude will generate appropriate filters for all your speakers including the "odd" ones. Save three presets: one for the main room, one for the "odd" room and one that includes both. Select the appropriate preset and playback Trinnov'ed and level matched sound as you desire.
Jeff
Only comment I'd make is that if you're going to use 2D/3D remapping, you'd want the extra speakers to be measured after the speakers in the main room for a reference measurement. That way you don't have to worry about the angles for MLP on anything after the odd speakers getting screwed up by the mic move, unless you're the true obsessive that knows exactly how to get the mic perfectly level and at the exact same physical placement before/after you moved the mic to the room with the second set of speakers within the degree of measurement accuracy of the mic. We don't know anyone like that here . Nah...

But otherwise this is sound advice. Pun intended. Also a lot easier if you're just doing one measurement position.

Audio Gear: Trinnov Altitude 32 (24 channel), NAD M27 amps (3)
Video: JVC RS600, Seymour 100" UF Screen, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 (coming soon)
Speakers: PSB Imagine T3 LCR, Imagine T Wides/Side Surround 1, T2 Side Surrounds, Imagine XB rears, Image B6 screens, PSB CS1000 ceilings (6), HSU ULS-15 Mk 2 subs (4) - 13.4.6
HAA HT1 and HT2 Certification

Last edited by sdrucker; 11-04-2019 at 08:44 PM.
sdrucker is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9182 of 9270 Old 11-10-2019, 05:27 AM
Member
 
Tommy_HT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrucker View Post
By the way, the most recent manual is here for the Altitude 32:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fGu...q6s_5aZ5B/view
The Altitude 16:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C8r...ulX3rC8sm/view
- seems to be a documentation copy paste mistake (see A32 manual picture below) from A16 manual to A32 manual
I do not get 24bit 192kHz hi-res without cracks from Jriver MC25 to A32 over HDMI or over Mutec usb / aes ebu.
Source sync via Mutec MC3+ should be very good 2ch pcm hires quality AES EBU source.

Has someone in Europe sent (via dealer/distributor) the Altitude A32/A16 unit to service for HW fix to France and how much time did it take.
Or can the hw fix (replace the "firewire card"?) be done at importer and sw fixed over internet. I feel bad for hardwareless
evenings in case I need to send the unit back to factory for fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A32 Jriver 24bits96kHz support page 39.png
Views:	32
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	2638900  
Tommy_HT is offline  
post #9183 of 9270 Old 11-10-2019, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
Berland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_HT View Post
- seems to be a documentation copy paste mistake (see A32 manual picture below) from A16 manual to A32 manual
I do not get 24bit 192kHz hi-res without cracks from Jriver MC25 to A32 over HDMI or over Mutec usb / aes ebu.
Source sync via Mutec MC3+ should be very good 2ch pcm hires quality AES EBU source.

Has someone in Europe sent (via dealer/distributor) the Altitude A32/A16 unit to service for HW fix to France and how much time did it take.
Or can the hw fix (replace the "firewire card"?) be done at importer and sw fixed over internet. I feel bad for hardwareless
evenings in case I need to send the unit back to factory for fix.
I sent mine for service because of issues with hi-res (176.4 and 192kHz). They fixed it, and it took 3 days + shipping (both ways). During this process Trinnov gave me update on what they did and progress. I also got mine upgraded from 16 to 32 channels. Extensive testing were also done to make sure everything was ok. Both for 192kHz in 24 channels and 96kHz in 32 channels. It came down to firewire cards not working as they should on the motherboard of my unit (so each card worked fine by themself, but with my motherboard there were issues). If I understood this correctly; my unit led Trinnov to change their testing process of the units during production to ensure this will not happen on new units coming out of the production line.

Edit:
Trinnov HQ arranged for a loaner (32 channels A32) while mine was on service (via dealer). They also arranged for picking it up from my home and returned it to my place as well (delivery and return of the loaner unit was done at the same time). The intention was for them to set everything up as well both for loaner and when mine got returned, but I prefer to do these things on my own. All my presets and calibrations were transferred to loaner unit. So excellent service all the way through the process. When I got my unit returned; they had also written av personal letter describing Trinnov were sorry for the trouble I had with my device and a guarantee it was extensive tested and worked flawlessly; signed the guy that had done the upgrade and service.

HT: Trinnov A32 (AL32-1632)/AMP8/8M - BRYSTON 4B SST2 - B&W 802D3, 803D2, 2*DB1, HTM2D2, 804D2, SCMS, Nautilus SCM1, 805D2 - NORDOST Heimdall2/Frey2 - ISOTEK EVO3 Titan,Sigmas - LG OLED65B7V - GIK ACOUSTICS
HP: 2*MOON 430HA D, 2*MiND2 - 2*Yggdrasil - 2*Hydra Z/ZPM - ISOTEK EVO3 Sigmas, Aquarius - NORDOST Heimdall 2 - AUDEZE LCD-4 rev2, 2*LCD-XC - SHURE SE846 - Bose NC 700

Last edited by Berland; 11-10-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Berland is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9184 of 9270 Old 11-10-2019, 08:53 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
sdrucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,343
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1674 Post(s)
Liked: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_HT View Post
- seems to be a documentation copy paste mistake (see A32 manual picture below) from A16 manual to A32 manual
I do not get 24bit 192kHz hi-res without cracks from Jriver MC25 to A32 over HDMI or over Mutec usb / aes ebu.
Source sync via Mutec MC3+ should be very good 2ch pcm hires quality AES EBU source.
I would first rule out that it's not an issue with JRiver MC25. Have you tried downresing to 96 kHz and seeing if the crackles go away? Unless you're listening in native mode, two of the three upmixers don't maintain 192 kHz anyway - Auro is limited to 96 kHz, and Neural:X to 48 kHz if memory serves.

Quote:
Has someone in Europe sent (via dealer/distributor) the Altitude A32/A16 unit to service for HW fix to France and how much time did it take.
Or can the hw fix (replace the "firewire card"?) be done at importer and sw fixed over internet. I feel bad for hardwareless
evenings in case I need to send the unit back to factory for fix.
I thought you were in the US? If so servicing of Altitudes is done at the US subsidiary in Connecticut. If there were a reason to send your Altitude in for a replacement board (as opposed to reseating, which I did myself with some help from Trinnov), you'd contact support and they could arrange that.
appelz likes this.

Audio Gear: Trinnov Altitude 32 (24 channel), NAD M27 amps (3)
Video: JVC RS600, Seymour 100" UF Screen, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 (coming soon)
Speakers: PSB Imagine T3 LCR, Imagine T Wides/Side Surround 1, T2 Side Surrounds, Imagine XB rears, Image B6 screens, PSB CS1000 ceilings (6), HSU ULS-15 Mk 2 subs (4) - 13.4.6
HAA HT1 and HT2 Certification

Last edited by sdrucker; 11-10-2019 at 08:57 AM.
sdrucker is online now  
post #9185 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 04:35 AM
Member
 
Mike_Pasich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I out grew McIntosh

So I just had the new McIntosh MX170 setup in my house and an hour after having it, I boxed it back up and returned it. I was under the impression that the channels were fully assignable, but they're not. So now I'm back to looking at StormAudio and Trinnov again. The one thing about the McIntosh was that it wouldn't allow for single subwoofer assignment other than on the LFE. So when I tried to add single front and rear subs (split into 2 subs each) but when I selected left rear sub it automatically selected right rear sub and took up 2 of the Aux outputs And when I tried to connect just Left Front Sub it took up 2 more Aux imputs. Unfortunately I needed 3 for the Top Middle and VOG channels which my room currently have installed. So I could either have my 4 subwoofers or my 7 height channels, not both. There were more configuration problems but basically it didn't allow for full customization of the speakers. After reading the manual for the Altitude32 it had a page that showed some of the layouts you can select but the says you can add speakers to match your system. Is that really the case. This is what I have: 7 base layer channels, 7 height channels (front L and R Height, Top L and R Middle in ceiling, Rear L and R Height, VOG in ceiling) and 4 subs (2 in front, 2 in rear). Does the Altitude allow for this type of customization? Also, is it upgradable like if I buy a 24 channel initially is it upgradable to 32 channels later?

Ultimately I would love to add a Front Center Height, Rear Center Height, Front and Rear Top channels (which would require special shallow speakers to install) and a rear center speaker. I have a very long narrow room so the rear center channels wouldn't make that much of a difference but I feel the top channels will make for more smoother panning between the top layer speakers. Luckily I have an amp that I could use for this. I'm just so paranoid about this as I got burned with the McIntosh. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Mike_Pasich is offline  
post #9186 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 04:56 AM
Member
 
Mike_Pasich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I also have a dumb question - I know you either need to use a PC or hook the computer part of the Altitude to a monitor to do the setup. However, I noticed on the motherboard outputs there's an HDMI output. So here's my question, can you connect the HDMI out on the motherboard to and HDMI in on the HDMI board to allow for easy access to the setup menu's without having to disconnect the unit or having a second monitor to use it? Just something that popped into my head as I was drooling over it on the website LOL.
Mike_Pasich is offline  
post #9187 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ss9001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: metro Atlanta
Posts: 9,331
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Pasich View Post
...Does the Altitude allow for this type of customization? Also, is it upgradable like if I buy a 24 channel initially is it upgradable to 32 channels later?

Yes to both. The caveat is when you add more speakers to an existing layout, you'll have to re-run the Optimizer since it doesn't know anything about them, where they are, etc. But you have no layout limitations such as conventional consumer prepros/AVR's have. You have very flexible ways to setup multiple subs also. My recommendation is to buy the mic if you have any current or future inclination to learn how to do the calibrations or tweaking on your own. Even if you plan to hire a pro calibrator for calibrations, IMO there's good reasons for owning the mic so you can learn how to tweak/re-run, edit anytime once you learn the ropes. Once you've committed to spending the money for an Altitude, to me, might as well go the whole way.


And you can add extra channels to an Alt32 anytime by buying the board from your dealer or Trinnov. The Alt16 is fixed hardware-wise to the 16 of course.

Steve
ss9001 is offline  
post #9188 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,742
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5095 Post(s)
Liked: 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Pasich View Post
This is what I have: 7 base layer channels, 7 height channels (front L and R Height, Top L and R Middle in ceiling, Rear L and R Height, VOG in ceiling) and 4 subs (2 in front, 2 in rear). Does the Altitude allow for this type of customization?
YES but if your front two subs and rear two subs are equidistant from the MLP, that will only require two channels

Quote:
Also, is it up-gradable like if I buy a 24 channel initially is it up-gradable to 32 channels later?
Also YES

You a now learned why the Trinnov is "King of the Hill". It has been able to do what you want for many years and has more upgrade-ability than any other processor.
ss9001 and sdrucker like this.

Mark 10:45 ][ Home Theater of The Month: The Oconee Theater ][ Music by Leslie Austin ][
Jeremiah 4:1-2
audioguy is offline  
post #9189 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,742
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5095 Post(s)
Liked: 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Pasich View Post
I also have a dumb question - I know you either need to use a PC or hook the computer part of the Altitude to a monitor to do the setup. However, I noticed on the motherboard outputs there's an HDMI output. So here's my question, can you connect the HDMI out on the motherboard to and HDMI in on the HDMI board to allow for easy access to the setup menu's without having to disconnect the unit or having a second monitor to use it? Just something that popped into my head as I was drooling over it on the website LOL.
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking but the easiest way to control the Trinnov is with either a computer (Mac or PC) or something like an iPad (computer is easier). Download one of the free VNC apps (e.g. VNC Viewer) and easy-peazy. And you don't need to disconnect or connect anything physically
ss9001 likes this.

Mark 10:45 ][ Home Theater of The Month: The Oconee Theater ][ Music by Leslie Austin ][
Jeremiah 4:1-2
audioguy is offline  
post #9190 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ss9001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: metro Atlanta
Posts: 9,331
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Pasich View Post
I also have a dumb question - I know you either need to use a PC or hook the computer part of the Altitude to a monitor to do the setup. However, I noticed on the motherboard outputs there's an HDMI output. So here's my question, can you connect the HDMI out on the motherboard to and HDMI in on the HDMI board to allow for easy access to the setup menu's without having to disconnect the unit or having a second monitor to use it? Just something that popped into my head as I was drooling over it on the website LOL.
2nd audioguy -

The easiest & best way to interface with the Altitude is with a software VNC client. There are a number of free ones and one that Trinnov likes (Tight VNC) is described in the manual. I use another one, RealVNC. Easy to setup (IP address & serial number - all described in the manual) & then any PC/ipad/tablet on your network can access it while you're listening & watching. And you'll want to go that way since you can then switch presets, change all the normal volume, sources etc, look at the onboard i/o meters and every other item w/o having to specifically connect it KVM wise.

Just to check to make sure it worked OK taken right out of the box, I connected it to a PC - keyboard, mouse via USB & monitor via HDMI. But very quickly afterwards I downloaded a free VNC client, installed it on my Win laptop and a few days later got an ipad for sitdown use. You'll have much finer control of target curve data points etc using a PC/laptop with a keyboard but an ipad or tablet is perfect for general use when watching a movie or listening to music. I initially tried a leftover Surface 3 from my work years but for me it was too floppy and generally a PITA. Bought an ipad & didn't look back. So any laptop/PC/Mac for detailed calibration & setup work, ipad or droid tablet for general use - a great combo for the Altitude. No need for a nearby monitor or keeping a keyboard next to you in your seat In fact, ideally you shouldn't be in the same room when running actual calibrations.

Hope this helps!

Steve

Last edited by ss9001; 11-11-2019 at 07:37 AM.
ss9001 is offline  
post #9191 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
jbm007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New London, North Carolina
Posts: 685
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post
2nd audioguy -

The easiest & best way to interface with the Altitude is with a software VNC client. There are a number of free ones and one that Trinnov likes (Tight VNC) is described in the manual. I use another one, RealVNC. Easy to setup (IP address & serial number - all described in the manual) & then any PC/ipad/tablet on your network can access it while you're listening & watching. And you'll want to go that way since you can then switch presets, change all the normal volume, sources etc, look at the onboard i/o meters and every other item w/o having to specifically connect it KVM wise.

Just to check to make sure it worked OK taken right out of the box, I connected it to a PC - keyboard, mouse via USB & monitor via HDMI. But very quickly afterwards I downloaded a free VNC client, installed it on my Win laptop and a few days later got an ipad for sitdown use. You'll have much finer control of target curve data points etc using a PC/laptop with a keyboard but an ipad or tablet is perfect for general use when watching a movie or listening to music. I initially tried a leftover Surface 3 from my work years but for me it was too floppy and generally a PITA. Bought an ipad & didn't look back. So any laptop/PC/Mac for detailed calibration & setup work, ipad or droid tablet for general use - a great combo for the Altitude. No need for a nearby monitor or keeping a keyboard next to you in your seat In fact, ideally you shouldn't be in the same room when running actual calibrations.

Hope this helps!
The serial number usually is the password.
jbm007 is offline  
post #9192 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
noah katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Posts: 23,044
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2116 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post
... when you add more speakers to an existing layout, you'll have to ...

...also buy licenses for each additional channel, at least if they do things the same way as several years ago, at which time it was $1500/ch.

Just in case you didn't know.

Noah
noah katz is online now  
post #9193 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 11:55 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
sdrucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,343
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1674 Post(s)
Liked: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
...also buy licenses for each additional channel, at least if they do things the same way as several years ago, at which time it was $1500/ch.

Just in case you didn't know.
It's a little less than that now per channel, at least if you Google prices for the Altitude and compare differences between the Altitude 32 units. And you don't buy additional channels so much as buy in incremental eight (8) channel updates (e.g. 16 to 24, 24 to 32) with the Altitude 32.

Audio Gear: Trinnov Altitude 32 (24 channel), NAD M27 amps (3)
Video: JVC RS600, Seymour 100" UF Screen, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 (coming soon)
Speakers: PSB Imagine T3 LCR, Imagine T Wides/Side Surround 1, T2 Side Surrounds, Imagine XB rears, Image B6 screens, PSB CS1000 ceilings (6), HSU ULS-15 Mk 2 subs (4) - 13.4.6
HAA HT1 and HT2 Certification
sdrucker is online now  
post #9194 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ss9001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: metro Atlanta
Posts: 9,331
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Liked: 672
noah,


We may be referring to 2 different things. I was initially commenting on adding speakers to an existing layout but still within the existing channel count - like going from 7.1.4 to 9.1.6 on a 16 ch unit as an example. There's no cost to do that. Sorry I didn't make that clearer.

The other, to which I think you're referencing is adding boards for more channels which does incur a cost. I believe the boards are 8 ch chunks. I'm an Alt16 owner so can't add the hardware if I wanted to But some Alt32 owner can address this I'm sure what the current cost is for increasing the gear's max channel count by a hardware & software upgrade to make an Alt32-16 an Alt32-24 or Alt32-32 for instance.

Steve

Last edited by ss9001; 11-11-2019 at 12:06 PM.
ss9001 is offline  
post #9195 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 20,152
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1638 Post(s)
Liked: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post
^^
We may be referring to 2 different things. I was initially commenting on adding speakers to an existing layout but still within the existing channel count - like going from 7.1.4 to 9.1.6 on a 16 ch unit as an example. There's no cost to do that. Sorry I didn't make that clearer.

The other, to which I think you're referencing is adding boards for more channels which does incur a cost. I believe the boards are 8 ch chunks. I'm an Alt16 owner so can't add the hardware if I wanted to But some Alt32 owner can address this I'm sure what the current cost is for increasing the gear's max channel count by a hardware & software upgrade to make an Alt32-16 an Alt32-24 or Alt32-32 for instance.
If my memory is any good the msrp for adding an 8 ch board to Alt32 is like $5100 or $5200. I should know because I originally had 16 channels and I added an 8 ch board to 24 ch.
ss9001 likes this.

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #9196 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Senior Member
 
A7mad78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
If my memory is any good the msrp for adding an 8 ch board to Alt32 is like $5100 or $5200. I should know because I originally had 16 channels and I added an 8 ch board to 24 ch.


So it’s not just a software there are an internal work within the altitude


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A7mad78 is online now  
post #9197 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
Berland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7mad78 View Post
So it’s not just a software there are an internal work within the altitude


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, if you have a 16 channels version of the A32 and upgrade to 24; you need hardware for those extra 8 channels. Price includes both hardware and software license.

HT: Trinnov A32 (AL32-1632)/AMP8/8M - BRYSTON 4B SST2 - B&W 802D3, 803D2, 2*DB1, HTM2D2, 804D2, SCMS, Nautilus SCM1, 805D2 - NORDOST Heimdall2/Frey2 - ISOTEK EVO3 Titan,Sigmas - LG OLED65B7V - GIK ACOUSTICS
HP: 2*MOON 430HA D, 2*MiND2 - 2*Yggdrasil - 2*Hydra Z/ZPM - ISOTEK EVO3 Sigmas, Aquarius - NORDOST Heimdall 2 - AUDEZE LCD-4 rev2, 2*LCD-XC - SHURE SE846 - Bose NC 700
Berland is online now  
post #9198 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 04:23 PM
Member
 
Mike_Pasich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berland View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7mad78 View Post
So it’️s not just a software there are an internal work within the altitude


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, if you have a 16 channels version of the A32 and upgrade to 24; you need hardware for those extra 8 channels. Price includes both hardware and software license.
Is it easier, and possibly cheaper) in the long run and just note the bullet and get the 32 from the start? Just curious. Don’t know if they have a per channel discount 😆
Mike_Pasich is offline  
post #9199 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
Berland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Pasich View Post
Is it easier, and possibly cheaper) in the long run and just note the bullet and get the 32 from the start? Just curious. Don’t know if they have a per channel discount 😆
Of course, if you go for the full 32 from the start - no need to upgrade it. I bought 16, ended up needing 24 (currently I use 20 channels), but thought it was just as well getting the full 32 directly. Now I'm covered, regardless of what insanity I'm going to do

Edit:
Of course; I can go completely insane and go for 48 (64) channels with the Altitude48ext. But suspect 32 is enough.

HT: Trinnov A32 (AL32-1632)/AMP8/8M - BRYSTON 4B SST2 - B&W 802D3, 803D2, 2*DB1, HTM2D2, 804D2, SCMS, Nautilus SCM1, 805D2 - NORDOST Heimdall2/Frey2 - ISOTEK EVO3 Titan,Sigmas - LG OLED65B7V - GIK ACOUSTICS
HP: 2*MOON 430HA D, 2*MiND2 - 2*Yggdrasil - 2*Hydra Z/ZPM - ISOTEK EVO3 Sigmas, Aquarius - NORDOST Heimdall 2 - AUDEZE LCD-4 rev2, 2*LCD-XC - SHURE SE846 - Bose NC 700

Last edited by Berland; 11-11-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Berland is online now  
post #9200 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,742
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5095 Post(s)
Liked: 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berland View Post
Of course; I can go completely insane and go for 48 (64) channels with the Altitude48ext. But suspect 32 is enough.

In your space, if you install 48 speakers, you would have no room for you!!

Mark 10:45 ][ Home Theater of The Month: The Oconee Theater ][ Music by Leslie Austin ][
Jeremiah 4:1-2
audioguy is offline  
post #9201 of 9270 Old 11-11-2019, 11:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
Berland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
In your space, if you install 48 speakers, you would have no room for you!!
I have plans to move during the next years

HT: Trinnov A32 (AL32-1632)/AMP8/8M - BRYSTON 4B SST2 - B&W 802D3, 803D2, 2*DB1, HTM2D2, 804D2, SCMS, Nautilus SCM1, 805D2 - NORDOST Heimdall2/Frey2 - ISOTEK EVO3 Titan,Sigmas - LG OLED65B7V - GIK ACOUSTICS
HP: 2*MOON 430HA D, 2*MiND2 - 2*Yggdrasil - 2*Hydra Z/ZPM - ISOTEK EVO3 Sigmas, Aquarius - NORDOST Heimdall 2 - AUDEZE LCD-4 rev2, 2*LCD-XC - SHURE SE846 - Bose NC 700
Berland is online now  
post #9202 of 9270 Old 11-12-2019, 05:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,742
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5095 Post(s)
Liked: 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berland View Post
I have plans to move during the next years
To a place with a dedicated medial room that will allow for 48 speakers!

Mark 10:45 ][ Home Theater of The Month: The Oconee Theater ][ Music by Leslie Austin ][
Jeremiah 4:1-2
audioguy is offline  
post #9203 of 9270 Old 11-12-2019, 05:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
G-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New England
Posts: 2,520
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Pasich View Post
Is it easier, and possibly cheaper) in the long run and just note the bullet and get the 32 from the start? Just curious. Don’t know if they have a per channel discount 😆
This post is too funny. You admittedly thought the $15,500 McIntosh MX170 was too expensive (got cold feet and returned it in an hour) then took a shot at us owners stating the MX170 was a having to “settle” for a lesser product... trashed McIntosh as a parting gift. Then said “you were burned by McIntosh”. So what the heck are you doing here making ridiculous comments about perhaps it’s best you bite the bullet and go 32 channels because it might be a better deal? Good luck Trinnov owners.

Last edited by G-Rex; 11-12-2019 at 06:44 AM.
G-Rex is offline  
post #9204 of 9270 Old 11-12-2019, 06:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,742
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5095 Post(s)
Liked: 3948
@Mike_Pasich

Mike: Something to consider. Your current configuration of 7 bed layer speakers and 7 height speakers (plus subs) suggests an Altitude 16. You would have two channels to use for subs. Sure, you can wait and save for a larger channel count processor, but why? You may decide as I (and many others) have that an Altitude 16 is all you will need and that waiting a few more years to buy a 32 will not allow you to experience the very best audio your room/system has to offer. It may make sense for you to consider visiting a properly treated and calibrated room with similar channel count before making that decision. Spending a few hundred dollars for travel now might save you many, many thousands later - or, at the least, get you so excited that you mortgage your life to by a Trinnov 32 NOW

Just sayin'

Mark 10:45 ][ Home Theater of The Month: The Oconee Theater ][ Music by Leslie Austin ][
Jeremiah 4:1-2
audioguy is offline  
post #9205 of 9270 Old 11-12-2019, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
G-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New England
Posts: 2,520
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
@Mike_Pasich

Mike: Something to consider. Your current configuration of 7 bed layer speakers and 7 height speakers (plus subs) suggests an Altitude 16. You would have two channels to use for subs. Sure, you can wait and save for a larger channel count processor, but why? You may decide as I (and many others) have that an Altitude 16 is all you will need and that waiting a few more years to buy a 32 will not allow you to experience the very best audio your room/system has to offer. It may make sense for you to consider visiting a properly treated and calibrated room with similar channel count before making that decision. Spending a few hundred dollars for travel now might save you many, many thousands later - or, at the least, get you so excited that you mortgage your life to by a Trinnov 32 NOW

Just sayin'
You just don’t get it. You will learn with time....
G-Rex is offline  
post #9206 of 9270 Old 11-12-2019, 06:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,742
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5095 Post(s)
Liked: 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
You just don’t get it. You will learn with time....
You MAY be correct. However, I have had a few folks visit my theaters over the years who had little intention of spending what a Trinnov (or some other audio or video "goodie") costs and order one upon leaving.

And here is what I absolutely do know. Some(?); Many (?); Most (?); Virtually all(?) of those of us who actively pursue this hobby have, at some level, some addictive traits in our make up. And folks with addictions "occasionally" make decisions that go against what we might do if we did not have that "affliction". I'm not suggesting the folks who have visited my home have that issue nor that Mike does. That said, having been in the audio business either directly or indirectly for about 40 years, I have seen this play out over and over and over again.
G-Rex likes this.

Mark 10:45 ][ Home Theater of The Month: The Oconee Theater ][ Music by Leslie Austin ][
Jeremiah 4:1-2
audioguy is offline  
post #9207 of 9270 Old 11-12-2019, 08:04 AM
Member
 
Mike_Pasich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 8
It doesn’t matter any more anyway. I just placed a deposit on two very high end champion bloodline English Cream Golden retrievers which set me back $20,000 (they come fully trained). I posted their pictures. So now I’m going the other way. I’m selling all of my gear, amps speakers etc. and going with Sonos soundbars and using the money to upgrade my Steinway to the Model B I’ve wanted all of my life. So I’m completely done with home theaters. I tried to delete my account on here but I guess I need to do it from my computer. So, I’m very sorry to have bothered you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DDF36D7A-ACE1-4A04-B55B-C4CC070BF340_1573570997141.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	2640084   Click image for larger version

Name:	2543E54C-693F-47CF-87CC-B907F1963AEB_1573571009166.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	2640086  
audioguy likes this.
Mike_Pasich is offline  
post #9208 of 9270 Old 11-12-2019, 08:17 AM
Senior Member
 
A7mad78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 96
@audioguy


Congrats


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
telem and Papouche Le Mec like this.
A7mad78 is online now  
post #9209 of 9270 Old 11-12-2019, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,742
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5095 Post(s)
Liked: 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Pasich View Post
It doesn’t matter any more anyway. I just placed a deposit on two very high end champion bloodline English Cream Golden retrievers which set me back $20,000 (they come fully trained). I posted their pictures. So now I’m going the other way. I’m selling all of my gear, amps speakers etc. and going with Sonos soundbars and using the money to upgrade my Steinway to the Model B I’ve wanted all of my life. So I’m completely done with home theaters. I tried to delete my account on here but I guess I need to do it from my computer. So, I’m very sorry to have bothered you all.

First of all, you did not bother me at all - and those dogs are AMAZING!! A wonderful use of your funds: two dogs that will give you much joy and pleasure for a very long time and a piano that will provide REAL music vs reproduced. Congrats !!! Good move!

Mark 10:45 ][ Home Theater of The Month: The Oconee Theater ][ Music by Leslie Austin ][
Jeremiah 4:1-2
audioguy is offline  
post #9210 of 9270 Old 11-12-2019, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,742
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5095 Post(s)
Liked: 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7mad78 View Post
@audioguy


Congrats

That was a surprise!! I just looked at the newsletter.

Mark 10:45 ][ Home Theater of The Month: The Oconee Theater ][ Music by Leslie Austin ][
Jeremiah 4:1-2
audioguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off