post #9901 of 10098 Old 01-14-2020, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5238 Post(s)
Liked: 4158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Pasich View Post
Can anyone recommend a good site to sell used gear?

AVSForum Classified [(https://www.avsforum.com/forum/208-classifieds/]

Audiogon (depending on the product) [https://www.audiogon.com/?keyword=au...oCvsoQAvD_BwE]

eBay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9902 of 10098 Old 01-14-2020, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
Quote:

AVSForum Classified [(https://www.avsforum.com/forum/208-classifieds/]

Audiogon (depending on the product) [https://www.audiogon.com/?keyword=au...oCvsoQAvD_BwE]

eBay
Thank you
post #9903 of 10098 Old 01-14-2020, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1728 Post(s)
Liked: 888
Quote:
For audio, US Audiomart I find just as good as Audiogon and its free.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/

Theater Renovation: 3 Aerial Acoustics 7ts & 6 7LCRs; 13 Triad Rotating Silver/9 Sat; 9 Seaton 21" sealed subwoofers; Trinnov Altitude 32 SSP; 3 Theta Digital Prometheus, Trinnov Amplitude 8 & 8M, and ATI AT526NC amplifiers; Sony VW5000 projector; Lumagen Radiance Pro; Panamorph DCR lens; Stewart Filmscreen Vistascope 14' wide 2.40 SnoMatte 100 screen; Kaleidescape & Pioneer UDP-LX500 4k players; Apple TV 4k; TIVO Bolt OTA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9904 of 10098 Old 01-14-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Quote:
For audio, US Audiomart I find just as good as Audiogon and its free.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/
Thanks, but I’m probably just going to donate everything to Goodwill
post #9905 of 10098 Old 01-14-2020, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 719 Post(s)
Liked: 772
Quote:
Finally going to sell that used kidney of yours?

I believe Audiogon is still the main site.
sdrucker likes this.

Adam Pelz ,Acoustic Mafia - Hear No Evil
JBL Master ARCOS Calibrator, CEDIA Designer, Home Acoustics Alliance Instructor LIII, THX HT1+ HT2+ Video, Level III Trinnov Altitude Calibrator
Mercenary Calibrator for Manufacturers, Integrators and System Owners
post #9906 of 10098 Old 01-14-2020, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Does anybody have a picture from the bottom of the current 3D mic. I really can’t find any info or manual.
post #9907 of 10098 Old 01-14-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelz View Post
Quote:
Finally going to sell that used kidney of yours? [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

I believe Audiogon is still the main site.
I wish. Unfortunately no. Giving up on my home theater dream so going to donate everything I’ve acquired over the years. I’ll still keep my surround setup in my living room but getting rid of everything else. Oh well, enough of me wasting everyone’s time: if I win the Powerball I’ll be back lol.
post #9908 of 10098 Old 01-14-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks, but I’m probably just going to donate everything to Goodwill
Mike, so why did you ask in the first place if your simply going to donate to Goodwill? I bet your wife would be glad to have a yard sale and practically give stuff away, and believe me, you would be rewarded (by her)!

Theater Renovation: 3 Aerial Acoustics 7ts & 6 7LCRs; 13 Triad Rotating Silver/9 Sat; 9 Seaton 21" sealed subwoofers; Trinnov Altitude 32 SSP; 3 Theta Digital Prometheus, Trinnov Amplitude 8 & 8M, and ATI AT526NC amplifiers; Sony VW5000 projector; Lumagen Radiance Pro; Panamorph DCR lens; Stewart Filmscreen Vistascope 14' wide 2.40 SnoMatte 100 screen; Kaleidescape & Pioneer UDP-LX500 4k players; Apple TV 4k; TIVO Bolt OTA.
post #9909 of 10098 Old 01-14-2020, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejoo View Post
Does anybody have a picture from the bottom of the current 3D mic. I really can’t find any info or manual.
On/off button; tripod mounting hole. Why do you need a picture?

HT: Trinnov A32 (AL32-1632)/AMP8/8M - BRYSTON 4B SST2 - B&W 802D3, 803D2, 2*DB1, HTM2D2, 804D2, SCMS, Nautilus SCM1, 805D2 - NORDOST Heimdall2/Frey2 - ISOTEK EVO3 Titan,Sigmas - LG OLED65B7V - GIK ACOUSTICS
HP: 2*MOON 430HA D, 2*MiND2 - 2*Yggdrasil - 2*Hydra Z/ZPM - ISOTEK EVO3 Sigmas, Aquarius - NORDOST Heimdall 2 - AUDEZE LCD-4 rev2, 2*LCD-XC - SHURE SE846 - Bose NC 700
post #9910 of 10098 Old 01-14-2020, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 717 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Trinnov Altitude

Can anyone comment on the lowest most channel locations and their respective heights for DTS-X Pro. The Lb, Cb, Rb, Lh, Ch, Rh, and Chr.?

Peter has been talking to me about the “Badger” and two different layer “Nests” channels for some time and is suggesting I add them. Are these going to be used in the channels setup/location specs for all processors that use Pro I assume? There isn’t any material to research regarding placement locations for dts-x more less Pro so wanting to confirm the lower channels will have a dedicated location before using them in my baffle wall.

I did experience something weird on Trinnov’s site where a DTS-X Pro page popped up on the news tab but then quickly disappeared never to pop back up again.

Bests
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #9911 of 10098 Old 01-14-2020, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Quote:
Thanks, but I’️m probably just going to donate everything to Goodwill
Mike, so why did you ask in the first place if your simply going to donate to Goodwill? I bet your wife would be glad to have a yard sale and practically give stuff away, and believe me, you would be rewarded (by her)!
I asked out of curiousness. Decided to donate after I made the post. And I don’t have a wife. Just me, my roommate and my dog. And the roommate doesn’t get a say

Last edited by Mike_Pasich; 01-14-2020 at 04:17 PM.
post #9912 of 10098 Old 01-14-2020, 08:28 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
I asked out of curiousness. Decided to donate after I made the post. And I don’t have a wife. Just me, my roommate and my dog. And the roommate doesn’t get a say
Didn’t you mention at one point your spouse was buying you an expensive Christmas present? Unless you are referring to your roommate but then if they were buying you a 16K component I would think they would have a say?

Either way great to read you donating your components.

I have an amazing 995ES for sale. Send me a PM. :)
post #9913 of 10098 Old 01-14-2020, 09:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 5238 Post(s)
Liked: 4158
I'm very confused.

Post A:
Quote:
That’s really cool! I looked at my room and I can easily do 45 degrees. At 50 I have to move furniture. It’s ok though, after seeing this my wife’swould be almost dead center to the median. From what I can tell my room should be pretty good and can easily handle 11.x.11 especially since it’s so long I think that setup will work nicely. So I know if need a 32 channel version, just have to save up and get one. I will definitely have a dealer come out and advise before I do anything, and I’m definitely not installing it myself 😂.
Post B:
Quote:

Apparently he got a divorce between Post A and Post B ??
joerod likes this.
post #9914 of 10098 Old 01-14-2020, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 270 Post(s)
Quoted: 5921 Post(s)
Liked: 5485
@Mike_Pasich you have PM disabled.

Here is the gist of what I feel needs to be communicated to you:

Your posts on the forum have been a bit erratic. I believe you may have hyperbolized or even fabricated some details as there are a lot of inconsistencies between your posts in 3 threads (Trinnov, JBL SDP-75, McIntosh MX-170). There seems to be a grandiose image you are trying to portray. But there is no need for you to prove anything here to participate in discussions.

But please be courteous and post the truth (nothing but the truth). People [like me] invest valuable time reading and responding to your posts.

My goal is not to accuse you but to reach out a hand.

This hobby is accessible to all. Spending big bucks does not translate to great sound. Investing time reading & learning plays great dividends. Many if not most enthuaiasts here have built their systems piece by piece over the years, not overnight.

I'm hoping things aren't spiraling in your life. Speaking as a someone who has been clinically depressed, the holidays and winter can be especially rough. I needed many things (including therapy and medication) to get back on track. I have no shame. Mental health is just as [if not more] important then physical health.

I hope you receive this well. I assure you, my intents are purely benevolent.

Marc
post #9915 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 3088 Post(s)
Liked: 1842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berland View Post
There are no upmix of DTS:X via DTS Neural:X, right?
If my understand is correct; DTS:X Pro can also be used to upmix DTS:X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
So since there is little DTS-X Pro software, this is really just an uber-upmixer to as many channels as you have. I like that!
There is no such thing as DTS:X Pro content. It's purely a decoder extension.
thebland, sdrucker and ReTrOToo like this.

Deadwood II Theater (Previous Deadwood Theater HTOM)
Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4; Classé SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win10 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve screen 125" diag 2.35:1, MLP at 115"
post #9916 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 03:14 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
I'm very confused.

Post A:

Post B:

Have you heard of typing mistakes? I meant to write my wide's are dead center on the median. I even think I wrote a PS post stating I fat fingered the mistake. If you must know, I'm gay and the only person in my life is my dog. I suffer from Tourette's, sever Major Depressive Disorder, Severe Anxiety disorder, PTSD, I'm a recovering rape victim, and have had 6 surgeries on my neck and back and still live every single day in agony. I'm medically retired from my job because of the pain and depression. I also can't watch movies in theaters due to panic attack which sucks because I really love Dolby Cinema theaters. I'm a perfectionist so I know what I want as far as my home theater that I've been trying to builder for almost 3 years now. Then when I get a little bit of hope to try to get what I want my a-hole of a roommate/spouse has to start bitching which throws me into a downward spiral so I give up. Now I've given up. I'm so sick of all of these up's and down's so I'm done. I'm getting rid of it all and putting in SONOS. My roommate/spouse said he will sell the stuff for me, but he's really lazy and hasn't sold anything he's promised to sell for me over the last 20 years which has now become such a problem I can't even walk in half of my basement. So it all goes.

I must apologize for the rant and I understand it will probably get deleted and I'll get banned from the channel, but I just couldn't let this go. I mean seriously, if you read the original post there's no way it would even make sense that my "wifes" dead center between my front and surround speakers. C'mon, it wasn't that hard to figure out I fat fingered that mistake. Oh well, since I'm probably getting banned after all of this, I wish you all luck
post #9917 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post

Your posts on the forum have been a bit erratic. I believe you may have hyperbolized or even fabricated some details as there are a lot of inconsistencies between your posts in 3 threads (Trinnov, JBL SDP-75, McIntosh MX-170). There seems to be a grandiose image you are trying to portray. But there is no need for you to prove anything here to participate in discussions.

But please be courteous and post the truth (nothing but the truth). People [like me] invest valuable time reading and responding to your posts.

This hobby is accessible to all. Spending big bucks does not translate to great sound. Investing time reading & learning plays great dividends. Many if not most enthuaiasts here have built their systems piece by piece over the years, not overnight.

I'm hoping things aren't spiraling in your life. Speaking as a someone who has been clinically depressed, the holidays and winter can be especially rough. I needed many things (including therapy and medication) to get back on track. I have no shame. Mental health is just as [if not more] important then physical health.

Marc
Read my rant in the post below this...…..
post #9918 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 04:00 AM

Mentioned: 270 Post(s)
Quoted: 5921 Post(s)
Liked: 5485
Quote:
….and have had 6 surgeries on my neck and back and still live every single day in agony. I'm medically retired from my job because of the pain and depression.
Mike, where do you live? You seem to be my direct counterpart. I am medically retired as well. I had had 6 surgeries on my neck & thoracic outlets (TOS). I just had my seventh right before Xmas.

I'm still in pain (always), but things changed for me once my outlook changed. The pain is no longer my focus. Once I shift my focus elsewhere, I become numb to the pain. Now I'm back to working (partial disability) but doing something I thoroughly enjoy, consulting & calibrating home cinemas. I especially enjoy interacting with like-minded individuals.

Mike, I don't think you posted anything to get banned. Allow Private Messaging on your profile. I'd hate to see you just give up and toss all your gear. I'm willing to help you make the best of the situation, if you are willing.
Peter M and llang269 like this.
post #9919 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 04:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
I'm very confused.

Post A:
Quote:
That’️s really cool! I looked at my room and I can easily do 45 degrees. At 50 I have to move furniture. It’️s ok though, after seeing this my wife’️swould be almost dead center to the median. From what I can tell my room should be pretty good and can easily handle 11.x.11 especially since it’️s so long I think that setup will work nicely. So I know if need a 32 channel version, just have to save up and get one. I will definitely have a dealer come out and advise before I do anything, and I’️m definitely not installing it myself 😂.
Post B:
Quote:
I asked out of curiousness. Decided to donate after I made the post. And I don’️t have a wife. Just me, my roommate and my dog. And the roommate doesn’️t get a say [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Apparently he got a divorce
between Post A and Post B ??
Lol. I think it was a typo by autocorrect. It meant to say sides and instead wrote wifes.

Design by Rives...dollars by The Bogg

Click for my build thread
post #9920 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 06:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post
Can anyone comment on the lowest most channel locations and their respective heights for DTS-X Pro. The Lb, Cb, Rb, Lh, Ch, Rh, and Chr.?

Peter has been talking to me about the “Badger” and two different layer “Nests” channels for some time and is suggesting I add them. Are these going to be used in the channels setup/location specs for all processors that use Pro I assume? There isn’t any material to research regarding placement locations for dts-x more less Pro so wanting to confirm the lower channels will have a dedicated location before using them in my baffle wall.

I did experience something weird on Trinnov’s site where a DTS-X Pro page popped up on the news tab but then quickly disappeared never to pop back up again.

Bests
Alex

I’ve had several discussions on this with Peter as well. The 3 bottom channels are below the L,C,R. They make a lot of sense for a video wall with the matching heights above the wall. Peter, in his typical minimalist approach, believes they also belong in HT’s with AT screens.
audiovideoholic likes this.
post #9921 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Shapiro View Post
Anybody having trouble with the video from Apple TV ? Suddenly, I get sound but no picture. If I use the remote to fast forward, the picture comes on. Then I can rewind to the start. It doesn’t happen on my other 2 sources, Comcast cable and a largely unused Oppo 293. The weird thing is that it was working just fine. The only change was to refresh the settings and the HDMI connection to start sending Atmos audio.

Thanks
David
I have this exact same problem with Apple TV 4k connecting to Trinnov AL32 to Sony 695ES.
Not sure that changing my audio grade HDMI cable can solve this issue because Pioneer LX-500 doesn't have this problem.
Is it a bug or glitch of Apple TV 4k?
post #9922 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasalle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post

Peter has been talking to me about the “Badger” and two different layer “Nests” channels for some time and is suggesting I add them. Are these going to be used in the channels setup/location specs for all processors that use Pro I assume? There isn’️t any material to research regarding placement locations for dts-x more less Pro so wanting to confirm the lower channels will have a dedicated location before using them in my baffle wall.

I did experience something weird on Trinnov’️s site where a DTS-X Pro page popped up on the news tab but then quickly disappeared never to pop back up again.

Bests
Alex

I’️ve had several discussions on this with Peter as well. The 3 bottom channels are below the L,C,R. They make a lot of sense for a video wall with the matching heights above the wall. Peter, in his typical minimalist approach, believes they also belong in HT’️s with AT screens.
So if you have a transparent screen wall with LCR’s behind the screen they would go below the screen? With LCR heights that must make for a huge from soundstage!
post #9923 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattypol View Post
I have this exact same problem with Apple TV 4k connecting to Trinnov AL32 to Sony 695ES.
Not sure that changing my audio grade HDMI cable can solve this issue because Pioneer LX-500 doesn't have this problem.
Is it a bug or glitch of Apple TV 4k?
I'm telling you that my HDMI cables were fine, all 6' HDMI cables were the same and those recommended as 18 GHz certified, but I had issues with the ATV4k and when I changed that cable to the one I posted the link to above, all the issues went away!
audiovideoholic and Nattypol like this.

post #9924 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 2832 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post

Marc

I can certainly attest to your helpful nature Marc, you share your experience and evaluations freely without bias , people hear facts and details without the exaggeration , condescension or bias. This is what a discussion forum is supposed to be about , what it is quite often is just the opposite unfortunately. So thank you for your help, you are an inspiration for many members that appreciate your efforts during a confusing decision making process.
jstrossner and ss9001 like this.

Dedicated Theater: Sony VPL VW5000 , Panamorph DCR & ISCO III L Anamorphic Lens, Draper TecVision XT1800X Screen, 2.40:1 134" diagonal curved , Denon AVR-X8500 , 9.2.6 Atmos, Panasonic UB900, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro 4440 , (3) Paradigm CI Elite E7-L+C+R fronts, , (2) CI Pro P80-IW Rear, (2) Paradigm SA-ADP In-wall Surround, (6) SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 In-Ceiling, Subwoofers: (2) SVS SB-16 Ultra , (1) SVS PC13-Ultra .
post #9925 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 11:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm very confused.

Post A:

Post B:

Easily read as a typo lol. Wides auto corrects to “wife’s” exactly like that on my phone every time I try to type wides. Lol

post #9926 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Well I see my previous post sorted itself out.

Glad it didn’t end how it could have.

No need to get so caught up in defending yourself as it’s very obvious what happened once looked at more closely. Heck I caught it the first time I read it because the topic of median and angle locations of speakers has nothing to do with a wife lol. Iphones auto correct some very crazy stuff at times. Heck I’ve insulted people because of it on more than one occasion only to try and resend another message yet hit send too soon with the auto correct change happening yet again so just repeated myself lol.

post #9927 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 11:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasalle View Post
I’ve had several discussions on this with Peter as well. The 3 bottom channels are below the L,C,R. They make a lot of sense for a video wall with the matching heights above the wall. Peter, in his typical minimalist approach, believes they also belong in HT’s with AT screens.

So what about how the Altitude32 sees the speaker locations? Will it process these “base/badger” channels and “nests/heights” as their own channels or will it send info to the “sets” of them? Hopefully that made sense? Like say the ground is rumbling or something is at ground level or below, will that send info to the “badger/base” channels or will they function like the other poster mentioned a huge soundstage and matrix thee base/height so that they will both play -3db at the same time?

My Quested AMT drivers/speakers have a narrow vertical dispersion path so would be a good addition for me either way being I use a 13’4” Stewart microperf scope screen. The added soundstage wouldn’t be nearly as cool as independent channel processing but none the less it would still add more to my front stage while also making the decision of adding front heights/Atmos channels easier.

If we add 8-10 Atmos Tops placement for screen heights works out great as front Tops/dts-x heights.

Bests
Alex

post #9928 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I’ll add to the list of retired by medical disability too.

I’ve been retired for past 10 years (I’m only 41) because of hip/lower back and thoracic issues caused by a car wreck when I was a dumb 16 year old. I am just lucky enough that I put myself into a financial situation that made it possible and have a wife that works extremely hard being a family physician.

I now play Mr Mom with our three children and take up hobbies that don’t require standing for extended periods. Luckily audio/video was one of my very first hobbies. I asked for my first AVR and big box speakers for like my 10th birthday and have been hooked every since.

post #9929 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berland View Post
Quote:
Does anybody have a picture from the bottom of the current 3D mic. I really can’️t find any info or manual.
On/off button; tripod mounting hole. Why do you need a picture?
Isn’t the XLR connected there too? I want to see a pic so I can see where is wat aa I want to make some sort of baseplate with a level.
Strange that I can’t find more info on the mic set on the Trinnov site (or anywhere else).
post #9930 of 10098 Old 01-15-2020, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
Isn’t the XLR connected there too? I want to see a pic so I can see where is wat aa I want to make some sort of baseplate with a level.
All connections are on the base - XLR type mic cable connection, mic on/off button, the threaded insert for a screwed in adapter. I'd be happy to oblige the photo but I'm not in a position to take photos now. My camera gear is packed for a trip and I don't use my phone to log into any forums; just a quirk of mine. I lurk with the phone but only use my PCs to post.

Once you order your Altitude & mic, you'll have the exact dimensions & its layout Maybe I'm missing something but wouldn't it be easier to fabricate something when you physically have it in hand and do exact measurements where you'd want holes in the plate? Or not...

Steve

Last edited by ss9001; 01-15-2020 at 12:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page