To address the post regarding PurePower;
The situation reported by Steve Bruzonsky has been presented unfairly we believe and includes completely false information regarding PurePower.
We were working to solve a Power problem with a PurePower installation in California for over a year providing multiple replacement units and various solutions which were not effective.
All three units provided him functioned perfectly on initial build and later on return inspection.
After over a year, the customer finally disclosed that he had a full solar installation with inverters attached to his home, generating extremely high harmonics. Had we known he had a solar install, we would have had a solution almost immediately instead of trying to find a fix for something that wasn’t broken.
There was no claim that the PurePower units did not provide perfect and isolated regenerated AC, or that the desired performance improvement of the connected components was not met, but the problem with the solar system caused loud harmonic buzzing in our input filter circuits at a level we have never before heard.
Regardless, we will ensure that the customer receives full restitution as warranted. We did not refuse to refund his purchase price at any time. We simply promised to accept his return - after a full year - resell that unit to another customer and provide a full refund the minute it is sold. We feel that is eminently fair for a custom built and configured product.
On the matter of “The Real” PurePower:
- PurePower began in 2003 with 100% North American parts, manufacturing and assembly with 1st Gen models.
- In 2006 we outsourced some board production to Taipei for the 2nd Gen models with the remainder of production and assembly in Canada.
- We slowly increased outsourcing of parts over the next 5 years until most of the unit was produced and assembled overseas.
- In 2011 our primary supplier attempted an outrageous brand and product theft. This is fully documented in the court papers made available on our web site and was resolved completely in our favor (against the ProPower people) by the 6th Circuit in Florida with an award of $650,000. This award remains entirely outstanding. We maintain no relation with the former sub-supplier in any way and they remain under permanent court injunction.
- 2012 was occupied with the above legal issues, and a full year of design of our 3rd Gen “Plus” models as well as bringing all production and assembly back to Canada.
- A long and difficult period of recovery ensued. The disruption to the company caused by the attempted hijacking of our brand and products were severe with years of lingering effects.
- 2017 through this year saw our development and release of the new 4th Gen. PurePower Gold product line – also with North American production and assembly in our Canada facility.
PurePower makes great AC regeneration products. We believe we deal in good faith and try to provide good and timely service to our dealers and customers.
We have a large number of very happy customers running high end projection systems which are able to perform to their full potential (and in complete safety from power effects) due to the Pure Power they receive. Some of you I believe are subscribers to AVS Forums.
Last edited by teachsac; 07-25-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Reason: Non MSRP Price Talk