JBL Synthesis SDP-75 - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 194Likes

post #571 of 578 Old 10-25-2019, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Thanks everyone!

For 3 miles of damage the estimate is up to 2 Billion in damages, damn thing picked a great place to touch down. It cut through an area that had 5 billionaires living in it ( 4 now that Perot has passed). I bet that street alone was $100 million.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 578 Old 10-25-2019, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Is the SDP-65 a 1:1 Altutide 16 or will it have Dante output? That would make it really interesting.
kingwiggi likes this.

- Stephan
post #573 of 578 Old 11-08-2019, 09:41 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3308 Post(s)
Liked: 3415
I believe the SDP-65 is an Altitude 16, yes.

I just received a 16-channel SDP-75 after sitting at the dealer for a couple of weeks (busy, out of town), looking forward to playing with it. Sort-of, still have to make a place for it (won't fit where my current processor resides), and RTFM big-time.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #574 of 578 Old 11-08-2019, 09:46 PM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
I believe the SDP-65 is an Altitude 16, yes?
Yes, though it has no Trinnov remapping and PEQs aren’t user-configurable, but set by Harman to match your Harman speaker model.
post #575 of 578 Old 11-08-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUR View Post
Yes, though it has no Trinnov remapping and PEQs aren’t user-configurable, but set by Harman to match your Harman speaker model.
Yah, should have noted the differences, thank you.

I posted a few questions and even PM'd one or two folk in the Trinov thread but got crickets. They seem to look down on the Harman versions. I like the idea of them incorporating Dr. Toole's and Kevin's ideas, plus I have Revel speakers all around, so it seemed a good match. And I got a good deal though still way more than I ever expected to spend on a processor.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #576 of 578 Old 11-09-2019, 08:09 AM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
I posted a few questions and even PM'd one or two folk in the Trinov thread but got crickets. They seem to look down on the Harman versions. I like the idea of them incorporating Dr. Toole's and Kevin's ideas, plus I have Revel speakers all around, so it seemed a good match. And I got a good deal though still way more than I ever expected to spend on a processor.
The SDP-75 16ch you purchased has the same two differences from the Altitude equivalent A32 8-16, but a more powerful processor than the A16/SDP-65 along with some bling and build differences.

I checked your posts in the Altitude thread, but none are questions AFAICT. Feel free to PM me with questions if you like. I have the same Trinnov equivalent processor (Altitude 32 8-16) and 9 years of Trinnov ownership, but I'm using it in a 2ch active + subs config, so I may not be too helpful with multi-channel queries.

Last edited by RUR; 11-09-2019 at 06:21 PM.
post #577 of 578 Old 11-09-2019, 04:37 PM

I may have posted them here or someplace else, and I deleted one or two.

The main ones I recall are detailed specs (I did find some), how it handles bass management and multiple subwoofers (does it allow individual crossovers, does it include SFM, etc.), how the calibration process works (too broad a question I am sure), and how critical user PEQ was (I did get a PM on that one saying it was vital in that person's opinion). I got a couple of PMs pointing me to the SDP-75 thread (I had missed this one initially) and saying if I wanted a Trinnov to get "the real thing and not a stripped-down copy".

It will be a while before I get it out of the box and I need to dig into the manual. Appreciate the offer; I am not terribly stupid, but setting up processors is not my day job, so I can use the help!

post #578 of 578 Old 11-11-2019, 01:03 PM

Just remembered that the SDP-75 bundles in some of the latest 3D codecs (Atmos?) that are "extras" on the Trinnov, though that may be changing (if not already) as Trinnov and Harman align their price structures.

Forgot about the stupid mic; nice idea, but $600? Yeesh... And yes I bought one with the unit. John offered to loan me his but I figure I'll be weeks/months tweaking and adjusting at odd days and times.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page