JBL Synthesis SDP-75 - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 210Likes

post #631 of 633 Old 05-07-2020, 06:03 PM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
I need to look at the settings; the 250 Hz may not be limiting all the correction, just the spread of the IIR filters used in the lower bands.
Hi Don,

You're referring to the IIR setup: Optimizer Settings>Settings>Advanced Settings>FIR and IIR settings. This is where IIR lower and upper frequency are set, as well as # of IIR filters (IIRC 50 filters max). You can also limit all filters, IIR and FIR, @ Optimizer Settings>Excursion Curve by setting 0 (no gain) at all frequency points above 250. Unlike Dirac's "Curtains", Trinnov allows you to pick and choose anywhere in the FR you want correction, not just above/below frequency X.

/Ken
sdrucker likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 633 Old 05-08-2020, 05:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 3436 Post(s)
Liked: 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUR View Post
Hi Don,

You're referring to the IIR setup: Optimizer Settings>Settings>Advanced Settings>FIR and IIR settings. This is where IIR lower and upper frequency are set, as well as # of IIR filters (IIRC 50 filters max). You can also limit all filters, IIR and FIR, @ Optimizer Settings>Excursion Curve by setting 0 (no gain) at all frequency points above 250. Unlike Dirac's "Curtains", Trinnov allows you to pick and choose anywhere in the FR you want correction, not just above/below frequency X.

/Ken
Yes, you are right (natch), thanks Ken.

I read about the excursion curve but did not make the connection about being able to have that much control, impressive!

Thanks - Don
sdrucker likes this.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #633 of 633 Old 05-24-2020, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 3436 Post(s)
Liked: 3635
Update on the remote trigger solution: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...-7#post-409837

I bought some cheap components on Amazon, plumbed them together, "taught" my Harmony One the new power-on sequence (including a 60-s delay for the SDP-75 to wake up), and it works like a champ. This should be a half-hour project except I had to find some wire spools for jumpers (we've dome remodeling and a lot of years since I needed them) and then our Internet flaked out so it took a while to get the Harmony set up.

I measured at a couple more mic positions near the MLP and created some new presets with additional processing (more filters, etc.) I haven't had time to do any real listening yet but so far so good.

Thanks for the suggestions! - Don

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page