Kaleidescape Strato Movie Player 4K HDR $4,500 - Page 125 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1730Likes

post #3721 of 4871 Old 05-01-2018, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I've been suffering from a bit of "Marvelverse fatigue," for lack of a better term...
Lol. Same here. I am less motivated than ever to watch the latest release, Avengers: Infinity War. I just have way too much catching up to on the other films, which I haven't bothered with for some time because they're simply churning them out faster than I can keep up with. That said, I really do look forward to Black Panther as well, but I just need a bit of an MCU break.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 4871 Old 05-03-2018, 10:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1010 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Not sure most people have more than a 7.1.4 Atmos setup or does it impact that as well? I know some folks have more elaborate systems. SJ
post #3723 of 4871 Old 05-04-2018, 12:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Like you @SJHT , I think most set-ups will be built around a 7.x.4 set-up, but some high-end manufacturers are producing processors which are capable of much more than that and within the Dolby guidelines for Atmos in the home. There's some good discussion about it over in the Trinnov Altitude thread and I think part of the issue surrounds (pardon the pun) reduced "dynamic range", as well as the restriction about to be placed by Dolby that their software will no longer allow "cross upmixing" to anything other than from the native codec (DD, TrueHD etc only upmixed by DSU, Neural:X being blocked as an upmixer, therefore losing the ability to use additional channels/speakers that Neural:X allows and DSU doesn't).

There is a school of thought that this is all coming about as a way of enabling Atoms - via streaming and is being introduced as a 'hybrid' solution, rather than the studios/authoring houses having to provide 2 different audio sets (1 compressed for streaming, and 1 uncompressed for physical media).

Just seems a bit of a mess at the moment.

Last edited by steelman1991; 05-04-2018 at 01:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3724 of 4871 Old 05-04-2018, 03:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 4432 Post(s)
Liked: 3206
A slightly different view of the Apple TV.

I loved my K-Scape system but sold it and moved to the Apple TV. I DON'T stream movies from Apple or anyone else. I have ripped all of my movies (BR and 4K/HDR) via MakeMKV and watch via an app called Infuse. Zero compression of either audio or video. If the video from the ATV is not as good as it is from my Oppo (or K-Scape), it is most certainly not instantly obvious. And, no, I don't have a $60K Sony projector that might show up differences. Major shortcoming at the moment: no 3D audio (Atmos or DTS:X). It is delivered as PCM Those have to be played from the NAS through my Oppo. Hopefully Apple will address that but if not, there are a couple of other products that should be available in the next 3 to 6 months to deal with that short coming.

Is the interface and feature set as slick as the K interface? Not even close. But way more than adequate.

But here is what I do have:

(1) Shiny discs backup for all the movies I buy. I lost access to all I had purchased from the K Store other than with some digital rights that only provided lossy viewing for some of the titles

(2) Way less expensive cost per movie

(3) The most current sound track available upon initial release of the movie

(4) Timely access to 100% of the movies released ------- with no delay - both BR and 4K/HDR

(5) Total system cost is about 1/8th of the K system.

I am not suggesting what I have put together is the same as a Kaleidescape system. BUT, I am 100% disc-less, fully automated, and fully backed up (NAS plus backup). All of the above notwithstanding, if K had addressed number (4), or could promise eventual delivery of a solution, AND addressed the second half of number (1), I would still be a customer.
sdrucker likes this.
post #3725 of 4871 Old 05-04-2018, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

I loved my K-Scape system but sold it and moved to the Apple TV. I DON'T stream movies from Apple or anyone else. I have ripped all of my movies (BR and 4K/HDR) via MakeMKV and watch via an app called Infuse. Zero compression of either audio or video. If the video from the ATV is not as good as it is from my Oppo (or K-Scape), it is most certainly not instantly obvious. And, no, I don't have a $60K Sony projector that might show up differences. Major shortcoming at the moment: no 3D audio (Atmos or DTS:X). It is delivered as PCM Those have to be played from the NAS through my Oppo. Hopefully Apple will address that but if not, there are a couple of other products that should be available in the next 3 to 6 months to deal with that short coming.

Is the interface and feature set as slick as the K interface? Not even close. But way more than adequate.

(1) Shiny discs backup for all the movies I buy. I lost access to all I had purchased from the K Store other than with some digital rights that only provided lossy viewing for some of the titles

(4) Timely access to 100% of the movies released ------- with no delay - both BR and 4K/HDR

I am not suggesting what I have put together is the same as a Kaleidescape system. BUT, I am 100% disc-less, fully automated, and fully backed up (NAS plus backup). All of the above notwithstanding, if K had addressed number (4), or could promise eventual delivery of a solution, AND addressed the second half of number (1), I would still be a customer.
Yeah we know. Please mate give it a rest - I really think you're trying too hard to justify the decision you've made. I think you really wish you were still a customer lol. You're taking every opportunity to dredge this up - in all manner of threads. This is a Kaleidescape thread and really nothing to do with Apple TV. If you feel the need to talk about the Apple TV and it's shortcomings - why not do it on the AppleTV thread?

Been there and done all that, servers and DIY playback, so I'm moving in the opposite direction. Just wait till the first time your files won't play, or the picture breaks up, or a software update is delayed - and they will happen, then you'll realise how good it was with Kscape (with all it's drawbacks).

I get what you're trying to achieve, but lets not kid ourselves it's disc-less. Only K and/or one of the streaming services allow that. You've still got to buy, store and rip the discs. You really need to find another name for it, because it's not disc-less. I appreciate it's not the solution for everyone, but it has more positives than negatives.

There are significant differences between the audio and video qualities of K and AppleTV, IMHO, if you don't see any enjoy what you have and move on. Audio might not be compressed, but at this point it is 'crippled' on AppleTV.

Clearly K wasn't the way to go for you. You loved it, sold it - now move on .
telem and MovieRAV like this.
post #3726 of 4871 Old 05-04-2018, 05:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 4432 Post(s)
Liked: 3206
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post
Yeah we know. Please mate give it a rest - I really think you're trying too hard to justify the decision you've made. I think you really wish you were still a customer lol. You're taking every opportunity to dredge this up - in all manner of threads. This is a Kaleidescape thread and really nothing to do with Apple TV. If you feel the need to talk about the Apple TV and it's shortcomings - why not do it on the AppleTV thread?

Been there and done all that, servers and DIY playback, so I'm moving in the opposite direction. Just wait till the first time your files won't play, or the picture breaks up, or a software update is delayed - and they will happen, then you'll realise how good it was with Kscape (with all it's drawbacks).

I get what you're trying to achieve, but lets not kid ourselves it's disc-less. Only K and/or one of the streaming services allow that. You've still got to buy, store and rip the discs. You really need to find another name for it, because it's not disc-less. I appreciate it's not the solution for everyone, but it has more positives than negatives.

There are significant differences between the audio and video qualities of K and AppleTV, IMHO, if you don't see any enjoy what you have and move on. Audio might not be compressed, but at this point it is 'crippled' on AppleTV.

Clearly K wasn't the way to go for you. You loved it, sold it - now move on .

Fair enough. My comments were an attempt to compare the audio/video qualities of streaming vs playing from
a NAS! And, no, I have no regrets in leaving nor interest in returning.

You made your point. Signing off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3727 of 4871 Old 05-04-2018, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Quote:

I loved my K-Scape system but sold it and moved to the Apple TV. I DON'T stream movies from Apple or anyone else. I have ripped all of my movies (BR and 4K/HDR) via MakeMKV and watch via an app called Infuse. Zero compression of either audio or video. If the video from the ATV is not as good as it is from my Oppo (or K-Scape), it is most certainly not instantly obvious. And, no, I don't have a $60K Sony projector that might show up differences. Major shortcoming at the moment: no 3D audio (Atmos or DTS:X). It is delivered as PCM [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif[/IMG] Those have to be played from the NAS through my Oppo. Hopefully Apple will address that but if not, there are a couple of other products that should be available in the next 3 to 6 months to deal with that short coming.

Clearly K wasn't the way to go for you. You loved it, sold it - now move on [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG].
Agree
Don’t know why people keep arguing Apple TV is better on Kscape thread.
I have Kscape, Strato, Roku and Apple TV in my theater . I like watching the sources in that particular order . I some one likes Apple as the best source , so be it . It’s their theater and their preference
post #3728 of 4871 Old 05-04-2018, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
100% ditto. I have quite the MKV collection from my blu-ray library. It was definitely the way to go "discless" on a budget and worked for me for a long time, but K was my endgame. Once they came out with the Encore line, I HAD to have it. I still do use my own personal files since I have enough movies that aren't in the K store or simply were never released digitally, but the vast majority of the time my family gravitates toward using the Stratos. The overall experience really is that much better.

Quote:
Fair enough. My comments were an attempt to compare the audio/video qualities of streaming vs playing from
a NAS! And, no, I have no regrets in leaving nor interest in returning.

You made your point. Signing off!
A/V's all about having fun, so at the end of the day we all have to do whatever works best for us. Wasn't K for you, and that's fine. Enjoy your AppleTV! It is a fine product, but its really not for me as the crippled sound is a total deal breaker. It is a fun product to dive deep into as well though. Always appreciated your input, but yeah, enjoy the ATV thread!
gwsat likes this.
post #3729 of 4871 Old 05-04-2018, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 4422 Post(s)
Liked: 5727
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
Agree
Don’t know why people keep arguing Apple TV is better on Kscape thread.
I have Kscape, Strato, Roku and Apple TV in my theater . I like watching the sources in that particular order . I some one likes Apple as the best source , so be it . It’s their theater and their preference
Me either. Streaming is still crippled by lossy, limited audio. I would add that ripping UHD HDR TrueHD Atmos disks to a NAS server involves complexities that we Kscape owners have decided to forego. Kscape certainly isn't perfect but it is the only solution I know that can give us a huge selection of UHD HDR video and TrueHD Atmos video seamlessly without the necessity of watching a disk. Of course, all of us have to buy disks from time to time but I can live with that.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+
post #3730 of 4871 Old 05-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Me either. Streaming is still crippled by lossy, limited audio. I would add that ripping UHD HDR TrueHD Atmos disks to a NAS server involves complexities that we Kscape owners have decided to forego. Kscape certainly isn't perfect but it is the only solution I know that can give us a huge selection of UHD HDR video and TrueHD Atmos video seamlessly without the necessity of watching a disk. Of course, all of us have to buy disks from time to time but I can live with that.

And don't forget the legal implications ........... No way as a dealer am I going to suggest that.
gwsat, appelz and Montucky like this.
post #3731 of 4871 Old 05-05-2018, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm007 View Post
And don't forget the legal implications ........... No way as a dealer am I going to suggest that.
Good point and very true. I'm ok with backing up my own copies for personal use, but no way would I direct a customer down that direction. Even if I COULD, the technical complexities alone are enough to keep me from ever wanting to go down that road with a customer. Haha. Providing technical support is hard enough as it is without having to assist them with their personal computers too! Kaleidescape definitely gives us a great (and pretty fool-proof) option to give them. So easy to use...and legal. Legal is nice.
gwsat likes this.
post #3732 of 4871 Old 05-06-2018, 12:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Not certain how often Strato's come up on the open market - but there is a classified's section here http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/index.php
I have listed one for sale along with few other items. Reason I am selling is because I have recently added one more 40TB Terra server taking advantage of K's bundle offer that was running until 03.31.18, so I do need all these extra players and storage.

http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/s...7886#post27886

Thanks,

Kostas
llang269 likes this.

Trinnov Altitude 32 & Amplitude*2 - Sony VW-5000ES - Panamorph Paladin DCR- Lumagen Radiance Pro 4449 - Screen Research 173" ClearPix 4K White 1.0 - Wisdom Audio speakers: L8i (LCR) - P6i (SL, SR) -P4i (SBL, SBR - LW, RW(wide for Atmos)) - 6* B&W CCM7.4 (Ceiling Atmos) - Paradigm SUB2 - Kaleidescape Encore & Premiere - Oppo 205 - SKY Q - PS4 Pro - XBOX X - Apple TV 4K - Roku 4 Ultra - Technics MK2 SL-1200GAE Limited Edition
post #3733 of 4871 Old 05-14-2018, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just saw all the Jurassic Park films show up in the K store in 4K HDR for $16 each! I don't always do it, but might be time for some double-dippin' at those prices!!!

Hey studios: Take note here! Look at NBCUniversal's example here. THIS is how you get me to open up my wallet...again.
gwsat likes this.
post #3734 of 4871 Old 05-14-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky View Post
Just saw all the Jurassic Park films show up in the K store in 4K HDR for $16 each! I don't always do it, but might be time for some double-dippin' at those prices!!!

Hey studios: Take note here! Look at NBCUniversal's example here. THIS is how you get me to open up my wallet...again.
I agree. I have the 1080P BDs of the first three jurassic Park films and like them all, so I too am considering a double dip on them and buying the fourth film as well. For some reason, I didn't get digital rights to the HD version of the first three films so they aren't on my Kscape system. This further encourages me to upgrade. Jurassic Park 3 is the silliest of the bunch but its DTS-HD MA 5.1 soundtrack is wonderful.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+
post #3735 of 4871 Old 05-14-2018, 11:34 AM

Just talked myself into it. Have ordered the UHD HDR versions of all four Jurassic Park films from the Kscape store. Downloading them now. Thanks to @Montucky for the heads up!

post #3736 of 4871 Old 05-14-2018, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1010 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Just talked myself into it. Have ordered the UHD HDR versions of all four Jurassic Park films from the Kscape store. Downloading them now. Thanks to @Montucky for the heads up!
Watch out, your going to fill up that new Terra Server!
post #3737 of 4871 Old 05-14-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post
Watch out, your going to fill up that new Terra Server!
My Terra Server still has 55 percent of its storage unfilled. It has been very nice.

post #3738 of 4871 Old 05-14-2018, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My pleasure! Now to load up my download queue as well.
post #3739 of 4871 Old 05-15-2018, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Braveheart and Gladiator now available in 4K at the K store yay!!
post #3740 of 4871 Old 05-15-2018, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:

But NO immersive sound included
post #3741 of 4871 Old 05-15-2018, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 664
These no immersive movies are a deal breaker - no point have a 30 channel system and no immersive audio - I will buy every movie I want as long it has immersive audio from K - others on disc (even though I don't want discs)..
gwsat likes this.
post #3742 of 4871 Old 05-15-2018, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Sharma View Post
These no immersive movies are a deal breaker - no point have a 30 channel system and no immersive audio - I will buy every movie I want as long it has immersive audio from K - others on disc (even though I don't want discs)..
While I do agree for most current films, on older movies I'm assuming that while many studios are remastering the video, they are likely not messing too much with the existing audio tracks. They do in SOME cases like the Fifth Element, but many just aren't. Thankfully many of our modern processors (like my Yamaha CX-A5100 I was using) do a surprisingly good job in upmixing them to be quasi-Atmos like.

I typically give a free pass to the older movies since the engineers often did an outstanding job with the 5.1 master tracks (See Master & Commander's superb DTS track), BUT still wish folks like Christopher Nolan would get on board for new films, but that's a different rant I've hit before. Haha. Either way, his sound guys still do a pretty amazing job considering the limitations placed upon them. Especially in regard to LFE. Still, though. I hear ya.
post #3743 of 4871 Old 05-15-2018, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky View Post
While I do agree for most current films, on older movies I'm assuming that while many studios are remastering the video, they are likely not messing too much with the existing audio tracks. I hear ya.
If you get a chance watch Saving Private Ryan 4K HDR Disc which has the new ATMOS mix...

In my opinion the studios are trying even harder in the 4K releases to get outstanding ATMOS (DTS X) mixes - most reviews coming out for these remastered audio discs are raving about the audio.
In my case just a video upgrade 1080p to 4K HDR does not cut it - the audio is where the real upgrade is..

I hope K updates the audio on FURY which they have in 4K for many months - and the disc is being released with ATMOS audio track.. I would love to buy it from K but not without the immersive soundtrack.
ccool96 likes this.
post #3744 of 4871 Old 05-15-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7mad78 View Post
But NO immersive sound included
And to make matters worse, at $34.99 the Kscape store's price is $10.00 higher than Amazon's price for the UHD HDR disk, which has TrueHD Atmos audio. If the version with TrueHD Atmos audio shows up in the Kscape store I will consider it but in the meantime it's thanks but no thanks.
ccool96, Montucky, A7mad78 and 1 others like this.

post #3745 of 4871 Old 05-15-2018, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
In my case just a video upgrade 1080p to 4K HDR does not cut it - the audio is where the real upgrade is..
Oh, I agree 100%.

Quote:
I hope K updates the audio on FURY which they have in 4K for many months - and the disc is being released with ATMOS audio track.. I would love to buy it from K but not without the immersive soundtrack.
Quote:
And to make matters worse, at $34.99 the Kscape store's price is $10.00 higher than Amazon's price for the UHD HDR disk, which has TrueHD Atmos audio. If the version with TrueHD Atmos audio shows up in the Kscape store I will consider it but in the meantime it's thanks but no thanks.
Yup. Inexcusable. Drives me nuts when the copies on the K store inexplicably don't come with the same exact audio tracks the Blu-Ray version do.
gwsat, ccool96 and ddsquire like this.
post #3746 of 4871 Old 05-15-2018, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 204
I have a question regarding the Kaleidescape Strato that I'm sure someone here can answer for me. Years ago, when I bought my first 4k TV, which was a Sony, I also purchased Sony's FMP-X10. I would download movies in 4k UHD, but whenever it would download a movie, Sony's servers were limited to 7-10kbps so it took 2 days to download a movie that someone could actually watch. I assume this does it faster. If I wanted to watch a movie, could I buy it, it start downloading, and would I be able to start watching it immediately while it finishes downloading?

JVC RS4500K, Paladin DCR, Lumagen Radiance Pro, LG OLED W7, OLED E7, OLED C6, Sony A1E, Samsung QLED Q9F, QLED Q7F, Vizio P75c1, Marantz AV8805, Emotiva XPA-7 Gen 3, Integra DRC-R1, Anthem MRX 720, Oppo 203, Sunfire TGA-7401, Outlaw 5000, Triad Silver 7.1.4 Atmos setup, SVS PB16 Ultra, PSA 3601,SVS PB-13 Ultra, 31 Sonance VP88R, 6x6 Control4 4K HDR AV matrix, Control4 8 Zone AMP, Control4 EA-5, Control4 EA-1, QNAP TVS-882 & TS-451+
post #3747 of 4871 Old 05-15-2018, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolldog View Post
I have a question regarding the Kaleidescape Strato that I'm sure someone here can answer for me. Years ago, when I bought my first 4k TV, which was a Sony, I also purchased Sony's FMP-X10. I would download movies in 4k UHD, but whenever it would download a movie, Sony's servers were limited to 7-10kbps so it took 2 days to download a movie that someone could actually watch. I assume this does it faster. If I wanted to watch a movie, could I buy it, it start downloading, and would I be able to start watching it immediately while it finishes downloading?

No, the entire movie has to download.

For me that takes 2.5 to 3 hours for a 4K HDR title. Obviously less time the lower you go in quality.

Some people have reported slightly faster download speeds than what I get, but my K is not maxing out my internet connection; the bottleneck seems to be the content delivery network K is using.
post #3748 of 4871 Old 05-15-2018, 05:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked: 1111
Quote:
Originally Posted by livitup311 View Post
No, the entire movie has to download.

For me that takes 2.5 to 3 hours for a 4K HDR title. Obviously less time the lower you go in quality.

Some people have reported slightly faster download speeds than what I get, but my K is not maxing out my internet connection; the bottleneck seems to be the content delivery network K is using.

Agreed. I see about exactly the same. I only download 4K HDR movies. They all average about 2.5 hours to download. Some as quick as 2 hours and some as long as 3 hours.

My K downloads average about 75mbps and I have 150mbps service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #3749 of 4871 Old 05-15-2018, 08:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 564
I have a full gig up and down and mine finish pretty quick.

Lind Family HT
HT - RS2000/VW695ES - ST130 - Emotiva RMF-1 - XPA-7 - XPA-5 - GE Triton 2 - GE Supercenter XXL - GE Invisa 650 x 8 - Xbox One X - PS4 Pro - Oppo BDP-203 - Kalediscape Strato - HTPC 1008ti- Dual SVS PB16-Ultra's - Lumagen Radiance Pro
post #3750 of 4871 Old 05-15-2018, 08:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post
Agreed. I see about exactly the same. I only download 4K HDR movies. They all average about 2.5 hours to download. Some as quick as 2 hours and some as long as 3 hours.

My K downloads average about 75mbps and I have 150mbps service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I can live with that. I have a 350Mbps download speed, but when I had the Sony FMP-X10, it took 2 to 3 days no matter how fast the connection was. Whenever I wanted to watch a movie, it took so long that by the time it was ready to watch, you weren't interested in watching it anymore. But that's just human nature. Whenever you really want, or don't want, something and an emotional attachment is there, this emotional attachment typically wears off completely after 48 hours, which is why everyone is trying to capitalize on immediate action. I'm not saying whether it's good or bad, I just want to watch something whenever I want to, within 48 hours at least. It seems like the Kaleidescape would be a perfect addition to my media room when my new projector is installed.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

JVC RS4500K, Paladin DCR, Lumagen Radiance Pro, LG OLED W7, OLED E7, OLED C6, Sony A1E, Samsung QLED Q9F, QLED Q7F, Vizio P75c1, Marantz AV8805, Emotiva XPA-7 Gen 3, Integra DRC-R1, Anthem MRX 720, Oppo 203, Sunfire TGA-7401, Outlaw 5000, Triad Silver 7.1.4 Atmos setup, SVS PB16 Ultra, PSA 3601,SVS PB-13 Ultra, 31 Sonance VP88R, 6x6 Control4 4K HDR AV matrix, Control4 8 Zone AMP, Control4 EA-5, Control4 EA-1, QNAP TVS-882 & TS-451+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page