Kaleidescape Strato Movie Player 4K HDR $4,500 - Page 169 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1809Likes

post #5041 of 5052 Old 08-13-2019, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Promotion time! https://www.kaleidescape.com/movie-s..._4k_promo_2019
Break out yer wallets, boys! Time for me to punish the ol' credit card again. Man, these sales get me every time. haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5042 of 5052 Old 08-13-2019, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 2530 Post(s)
Liked: 2049
Not getting a dime from me until the issues are addressed.
Aareses likes this.

UPDATED 4/29/17 Thrang's Home Theater (for now...)
Sony VPL-VW5000es • Panamorph Paladin DCR • Trinnov Altitude 16 • Crown DCIn amplifiers • JBL M2 (LCR-LW-RW) • JBL S2S-EX subwoofers x2 • JBL SCL-4 (side/rear surrounds) • JBL SCS12 (x4) SCS8 (x2) TH/RH/TM • Lumagen Radiance Pro • Panasonic UB820 • Apple TV 4k • Synology RAID (45 TB total storage) • RTI control system
post #5043 of 5052 Old 08-13-2019, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
Well, it's your money, so feel free to vote with your wallet. As for me? I'm in for a bunch of them. I noticed that ALL of the ones I'm interested in have 4K/HDR AND Atmos, plus even a few with DTS:X (fun!). All for $14-15. At those prices, I'm willing to forgive the lack of MA rights. Plus, I'm seeing lots of $11 4K upgrades for a bunch of the content I already have in HD. Pulling the trigger on a bunch of these today! Many are half-price! Tons of these were in my wish list, so I'm stoked.
llang269 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5044 of 5052 Old 08-13-2019, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky View Post
Quote:
Well, it's your money, so feel free to vote with your wallet. As for me? I'm in for a bunch of them. I noticed that ALL of the ones I'm interested in have 4K/HDR AND Atmos, plus even a few with DTS:X (fun!). All for $14-15. At those prices, I'm willing to forgive the lack of MA rights. Plus, I'm seeing lots of $11 4K upgrades for a bunch of the content I already have in HD. Pulling the trigger on a bunch of these today! Many are half-price! Tons of these were in my wish list, so I'm stoked. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
No doubt they are good deals but my perspective is not to invest further in a platform with a number of long standing and unresolved issues. If I decide to bail and sell the system the deals are not meaningful to me that’s all
Aareses likes this.

Sony VPL-VW5000es • Panamorph Paladin DCR • Trinnov Altitude 16 • Crown DCIn amplifiers • JBL M2 (LCR-LW-RW) • JBL S2S-EX subwoofers x2 • JBL SCL-4 (side/rear surrounds) • JBL SCS12 (x4) SCS8 (x2) TH/RH/TM • Lumagen Radiance Pro • Panasonic UB820 • Apple TV 4k • Synology RAID (45 TB total storage) • RTI control system
post #5045 of 5052 Old 08-13-2019, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 412
That’s the frustration of the waiting game. I feel it too. If you buy and features don’t come, such that you sell the hardware, every content dollar you spent is completely wasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Video: JVC NX7, Stewart Cima Neve 135"
Audio: Marantz AV7704, Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3
Speakers: Focal Electra 1038 Be x 2, Electra CC 1008 Be, Aria 906 x 8, REL S5 SHO x 2
Sources: Apple TV 4k, Kaleidescape Strato, Oppo 203, Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch
Xbox Live: TrackZ
post #5046 of 5052 Old 08-15-2019, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 97
I don't quite get all the bellyaching about K-Scape. If you don't like it, don't buy it, and move on. No, it isn't perfect, but since I have 1,500+ blu-rays and 4K downloads in the system already, I'm in deep. For me the idea of going back to jockeying silver discs around is a non-starter, and the user-interface with the co-star integration between the premier and strato works brilliantly for me. So much so that I haven't even bothered to use a spare Lumagen Radiance Pro input to streamline it. So when Apple TV continues to improve and offers native video resolution and lossless audio, that's when I'll consider switching my new purchases over to that platform. I'm totally good with an improved solution coming along in the future, that is what this high end AV game is all about, continuous and expensive upgrades! In the meantime, K-scape gets a lot of my download purchase business and hope they survive going forward and continue to improve.
thebland, llang269 and Montucky like this.
post #5047 of 5052 Old 08-15-2019, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unherdable View Post
I don't quite get all the bellyaching about K-Scape. If you don't like it, don't buy it, and move on. No, it isn't perfect, but since I have 1,500+ blu-rays and 4K downloads in the system already, I'm in deep. For me the idea of going back to jockeying silver discs around is a non-starter, and the user-interface with the co-star integration between the premier and strato works brilliantly for me. So much so that I haven't even bothered to use a spare Lumagen Radiance Pro input to streamline it. So when Apple TV continues to improve and offers native video resolution and lossless audio, that's when I'll consider switching my new purchases over to that platform. I'm totally good with an improved solution coming along in the future, that is what this high end AV game is all about, continuous and expensive upgrades! In the meantime, K-scape gets a lot of my download purchase business and hope they survive going forward and continue to improve.
I personally want it to succeed and grow... but I was misled into certain things happening, well by this time, and they have done silent. I think other have noted similar concerns

So it’s important to be vocal about this.

post #5048 of 5052 Old 08-15-2019, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Kaleidescape Strato Movie Player 4K HDR $4,500

Quote:
I personally want it to succeed and grow... but I was misled into certain things happening, well by this time, and they have done silent. I think other have noted similar concerns

So it’s important to be vocal about this.

I think All of us the people who satisfied or not of the recent situation waiting for CEDIA for some announcement to bring new futures to the table such NBC and FOX immersive audio and for me it’s to important and hope it resolve soon but there are a lot of good thing like what we see in End Game in K it’s 103GB and in disc 62GB huge gab give K the credit when they say batter than disc

So the disc is more compress than K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5049 of 5052 Old 08-15-2019, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2206 Post(s)
Liked: 1415
I added a Lumagen 4242 to my system and yesterday had Adam Pelz integrate into my set up, calibrate it and my Crestron remote. I did so mainly for the many K HDR releases and the positive reviews of the new tone mapping. Talked to Art, too. Very good conversation. He's the video man!

WOW!! I haven't watched any full length films yet but from the bit of playing around I did, things are brighter and colors more life like. I'm using a Paladin lens. All sources now 'auto-mask' - moving the masks automatically. Very, very cool! Very pleased so far (and it is stable, too - wasn't sure what to expect there). So far, so good!

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
post #5050 of 5052 Old 08-15-2019, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
I added a Lumagen 4242 to my system and yesterday had Adam Pelz integrate into my set up, calibrate it and my Crestron remote. I did so mainly for the many K HDR releases and the positive reviews of the new tone mapping. Talked to Art, too. Very good conversation. He's the video man!

WOW!! I haven't watched any full length films yet but from the bit of playing around I did, things are brighter and colors more life like. I'm using a Paladin lens. All sources now 'auto-mask' - moving the masks automatically. Very, very cool! Very pleased so far (and it is stable, too - wasn't sure what to expect there). So far, so good!
You beat me to the punch - I get my Lumagen 4446 installed on 26th August - Adam will be here to do the same and Crestron program ... can't wait.
post #5051 of 5052 Old 08-16-2019, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just picked up Ender's Game and John Wick 2 for $15 each! Noice!!!

Tempted to check out the Divergent series since the price is now right (would only be $45 for all 3). They have some really good Atmos demo material that was on the Dolby demo disc (I think from part 2 - Insurgent), but anybody know if the series is any good? The demo made it look pretty interesting.

Tempted to pick up the Evil Dead movies next. Didn't realize they were re-released in 4K/HDR until now! Cabin in the Woods is another must-buy for me. Haven't seen it since it came out but will be fun with Atmos + 4K HDR! This sale's also allowing for some cheap upgrades for movies I already own in HD so that's also tempting. Hmmm.... What movies next?...

BTW, shout out to Lionsgate!!! The studio doing the promotion with K right now. Apparently THEY don't have a problem including 4K, HDR, Atmos/DTS:X, Bonus Features, AND digital rights. Take notes, other studios. This is how it's done if you want us to open up our wallets like I currently am with Lionsgate.
steelman1991 and llang269 like this.
post #5052 of 5052 Old 08-16-2019, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky View Post
Just picked up Ender's Game and John Wick 2 for $15 each! Noice!!!

Tempted to check out the Divergent series since the price is now right (would only be $45 for all 3). They have some really good Atmos demo material that was on the Dolby demo disc (I think from part 2 - Insurgent), but anybody know if the series is any good? The demo made it look pretty interesting.

Tempted to pick up the Evil Dead movies next. Didn't realize they were re-released in 4K/HDR until now! Cabin in the Woods is another must-buy for me. Haven't seen it since it came out but will be fun with Atmos + 4K HDR! This sale's also allowing for some cheap upgrades for movies I already own in HD so that's also tempting. Hmmm.... What movies next?...

BTW, shout out to Lionsgate!!! The studio doing the promotion with K right now. Apparently THEY don't have a problem including 4K, HDR, Atmos/DTS:X, Bonus Features, AND digital rights. Take notes, other studios. This is how it's done if you want us to open up our wallets like I currently am with Lionsgate.
Personally I enjoyed the 3 Divergent movies only bad thing is 3 movie was split into 2 parts and they never made the second part..

Cabin in the Woods is great in 4K HDR w/Atmos

Completely agree wish more studios would do these promos...

Also did you notice Paramount movies now offer $15.99 upgrade price to 4K...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page