Hi everyone, Well I am pleased to report that JVC have provided us with the answers we seek. And I am very glad to report it's all good!
Salient info as per follows:
• There are no production JVC Z1/RS4500 projectors available yet, and what you have seen so-far at all venues are pre-production units hand built for demonstration.
• None of them conform to the full advertised release specification.
• JVC will not be shipping production units until they are satisfied that they perform fully to the advertised specifications.
• It is difficult to predict the timing of engineering to a release-state product.
• NO production units have been released for review or testing, so the test results published by the German magazine [VIDEO] can only be based on pre-production hardware/firmware like that you have seen, and will therefore be inaccurate. There are also other considerations like the source equipment and media that will have had an impact on their tests.
So, that’s absolutely brilliant news as far as I and my company is concerned, but not just us, we have a number of business associates, who reacted the same way as us and the other folk on here to these first 'official' published measurements, and like us, have sizeable preorders for the JVC DLA-RS4500/Z1… And so, we would all like to thank both JVC and Habitech the UK’s distributor for the RS4500/Z1 for their time, assistance, and most importantly for so promptly providing the answers we have all been need and hence much needed clarity with respect to the circumstances; and particularly with respect to confirming that these initial published and supposedly official measurements by the German AV magazine VIDEO are inaccurate, are not representative of the final product, and hence should be disregarded entirely.
Further to this, Habitech the UK’s distributor for the RS4500/Z1 have also been kind enough to confirm THIS:
Where suffice to say this is precisely what I will be doing and so thank you kindly for the invitation
Further to this, the next event of importance as far as we are concerned will be the confirmed measurements of actual production units with launch firmware by the likes of Kris, where I am looking forward to reading his (and others') confirmation that the projector does indeed deliver the performance that JVC has said it will, namely: “fully to the advertised specifications”
And I'm also very much looking forward to Ekki's/Cine4Home's shoot-out as well, to say the least!
OK Mike and Craig you can say “I told you so!”