The Official 5000ES 4K Laser Sony Owner's Thread - Page 85 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1125Likes

post #2521 of 2789 Old 03-02-2019, 10:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
While certainly quieter than something like the jet engine RS4500, you probably wouldn't; run it in higher laser levels in the theater IMO. Mine is located in my office behind my theater, and I have that room climate controlled.

When my theater was set up differently and it was in room I noticed the fans during quieter passages and it bothered me.
Unless in High Altitude mode or the laser cranked the RS4500 is not very loud.

JBL Pro Cinema/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Roku Ultra/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2789 Old 03-02-2019, 10:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1357 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by appelz View Post
You are right AND he is right. Both of you should have a Lumagen and a DCR lens.
If the DCR lens had come out a bit earlier. It came out a month or so AFTER my projector was ceiling mounted and calibrated by Ken Whitcomb with 1.39 throw ratio. I would need Ken to come back, redo some stuff on the projector, and give me his assurance that straightening out the edge issues will not appreciably soften my picture, which is do darn good!!! And just too much hassle and expense to have my installer come out with three people necessary to perhaps move projector back a tad to get a tad larger throw ratio, as presently the back of the projector is 2 feet from the back wall! Quite well would have been a no brainer if the DCR lens came out a tad earlier BEFORE this stuff was done. Oh well!

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 If I recommend a dealer It will be a person to person recommendation and if a dealer tells you I refer to them don’t believe it! ! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade awaiting July/August 2019!
post #2523 of 2789 Old 03-02-2019, 10:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by appelz View Post
You are right AND he is right. Both of you should have a Lumagen and a DCR lens.
If the DCR lens had come out a bit earlier. It came out a month or so AFTER my projector was ceiling mounted and calibrated by Ken Whitcomb with 1.39 throw ratio. I would need Ken to come back, redo some stuff on the projector, and give me his assurance that straightening out the edge issues will not appreciably soften my picture, which is do darn good!!! And just too much hassle and expense to have my installer come out with three people necessary to perhaps move projector back a tad to get a tad larger throw ratio, as presently the back of the projector is 2 feet from the back wall! Quite well would have been a no brainer if the DCR lens came out a tad earlier BEFORE this stuff was done. Oh well!
Steve

If u get either ISCO or Paladin , Ken won’t nwed to come back , as it will only affect the light output . You can always turn down laser . But if you get obsessed to get Ken back , I will share the cost
appelz likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2524 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 02:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Sony 5000 HDR10 ?

I have the Sony 5000ES projector and also have a Oppo 203 4K Blu Ray Player, using certified HDMI cables.
I just up dated to the most recent firm ware in both units.
Sony - 4.700
Oppo - 65- 0131
Is anyone getting a HDR10 picture on there screen? and if so, what indicates you are getting HDR10 and what settings are used, most of mine are at Auto.
Of course using a HDR10 Blu Ray disc.
When playing a 4K HDR disc The picture image is several shades darker.
Sony contrast is set at 98, brightness about 53, also Cinema bright mode.
post #2525 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 03:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2499 Post(s)
Liked: 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddig View Post
Unless in High Altitude mode or the laser cranked the RS4500 is not very loud.
Presuming HDR viewing as the predominate format these days, which would mean high laser which means jet engine...

UPDATED 4/29/17 Thrang's Home Theater (for now...)
Sony VPL-VW5000es • Panamorph Paladin DCR • Trinnov Altitude 16 • Crown DCIn amplifiers • JBL M2 (LCR-LW-RW) • JBL S2S-EX subwoofers x2 • JBL SCL-4 (side/rear surrounds) • JBL SCS12 (x4) SCS8 (x2) TH/RH/TM • Lumagen Radiance Pro • Panasonic UB820 • Apple TV 4k • Synology RAID (45 TB total storage) • RTI control system
post #2526 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 04:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Presuming HDR viewing as the predominate format these days, which would mean high laser which means jet engine...
Like most people do on the forums, your blowing it way out of proportions.

JBL Pro Cinema/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Roku Ultra/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest
post #2527 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 04:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
A local fellow AVS’r has a 4500 in a separate projection room and in high lasted you can notice the fan noise during quieter passages from 18 feet away (and just via a small porthole). I think the front exhaust design decision was not ideal among other things.

Sony VPL-VW5000es • Panamorph Paladin DCR • Trinnov Altitude 16 • Crown DCIn amplifiers • JBL M2 (LCR-LW-RW) • JBL S2S-EX subwoofers x2 • JBL SCL-4 (side/rear surrounds) • JBL SCS12 (x4) SCS8 (x2) TH/RH/TM • Lumagen Radiance Pro • Panasonic UB820 • Apple TV 4k • Synology RAID (45 TB total storage) • RTI control system
post #2528 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 04:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
A local fellow AVS’r has a 4500 in a separate projection room and in high lasted you can notice the fan noise during quieter passages from 18 feet away (and just via a small porthole). I think the front exhaust design decision was not ideal among other things.
Ive never personally heard one so I can't actually say. From the db readings ive seen posted by some owners it did not seem that extreme. I suppose numbers can be fudged. I feel bad for owners who are already watching there laser projectors on high. No room for correction.

Edit: Also how long ago was this? Upon release the fan was very loud and then shortly after a firmware release fixed it.
tigerhonaker likes this.

Last edited by Reddig; 03-03-2019 at 04:34 AM.
post #2529 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 05:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Ive never personally heard one so I can't actually say. From the db readings ive seen posted by some owners it did not seem that extreme. I suppose numbers can be fudged. I feel bad for owners who are already watching there laser projectors on high. No room for correction.

Edit: Also how long ago was this? Upon release the fan was very loud and then shortly after a firmware release fixed it.
Why would you post I was blowing things way out of proportion if you’ve never heard one yourself? This was post-firmware and with the facacta air flow deflectors...

I suspect noise attenuation is near the top of the list for the next revision of the 4500.

The 5000 can work naked in room better (as G-Rex pointed out) if there is sufficient distance between your ears and the unit. The rear exhaust also benefits here (presuming the unit is already behind your seating). But for really critical audio reproduction, I’d think a hush box or separate room location is required.
HoustonHoyaFan likes this.

post #2530 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:

Reddig,

I actually own the JVC RS4500 laser projector in a dedicated HT.
I can tell you that there is No-Way possible to hear any Fan-Blowing from mine even if when viewing on High-Laser.
And here are a few pictures of my HT showing exactly why I don't hear any Fan-Blowing period from the RS4500.
The reason I don't is simple.
You have to be able to somehow (CONTROL) the HT overall temperature buddy.
It's actually that simple .............

My HT stays at either 73 or 74 Degrees depending on what I am viewing.
If I know I'm going to be viewing say HDR or 4K Ultra which means the RS4500 is automatically going to High-Laser I simply change the temperature to 73-degrees.

Look closely to the Rear Left Wall and you will see the Samsung HVAC Split-Air-Handler.
Oh, that's Chad B. doing his thing.

Sorry, I did forget to add mine does have the Front-Air-Deflectors.

Terry
Reddig likes this.

JVC RS4500 Laser Projector:
My "New" Home Theater Up-Dates with Pictures, March 6th, 2019 .
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...st-2018-a.html

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-03-2019 at 09:37 AM.
post #2531 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Unless you are viewing with a large group people which makes it very difficult to control room temperatures over the course of a long movie or football marathon. Plus specific dedicated rooms... the three 4500s I have been around we’re definitely louder than the Sony 5000 and 995. And yes going to high laser mode was noticeably louder. The other 4500 owners would tend to agree with this. Maybe Terry has a unicorn 4500? Either way we appreciate the pics of your b stock 4500 being added to the 5000 “SONY OWNER’S” thread.

4K HDR10- ignore the “rules” and trust your eyes!
post #2532 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Why would you post I was blowing things way out of proportion if you’ve never heard one yourself? This was post-firmware and with the facacta air flow deflectors...

I suspect noise attenuation is near the top of the list for the next revision of the 4500.

The 5000 can work naked in room better (as G-Rex pointed out) if there is sufficient distance between your ears and the unit. The rear exhaust also benefits here (presuming the unit is already behind your seating). But for really critical audio reproduction, I’d think a hush box or separate room location is required.
I guess I could ask you the same question.

I think I can chalk this up to a bit of fanboyism. The Sony guys say the 4500 is loud and the JVC guys say the 5000 is loud.

I think using either naked is a stretch. As with most things I would have to see for myself. Could spin in cirlces here.

In all actuality if I could afford either projectors I would use a hushbox.

post #2533 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

[quote=tigerhonaker;57686764]Reddig,

I actually own the JVC RS4500 laser projector in a dedicated HT.
I can tell you that there is No-Way possible to hear any Fan-Blowing from mine even if when viewing on High-Laser.
And here are a few pictures of my HT showing exactly why I don't hear any Fan-Blowing period from the RS4500.
The reason I don't is simple.
You have to be able to somehow (CONTROL) the HT overall temperature buddy.
It's actually that simple .............

My HT stays at either 73 or 74 Degrees depending on what I am viewing.
If I know I'm going to be viewing say HDR or 4K Ultra which means the RS4500 is automatically going to High-Laser I simply change the temperature to 73-degrees.

Look closely to the Rear Left Wall and you will see the Samsung HVAC Split-Air-Handler.
Oh, that's Chad B. doing his thing.
[URL=http://s258.photobucket.com/user/tigerhonaker/media/Runco%20JVC%[/quote]

Thanks Terry thats a real nice unit. Ive seen you posting in the JVC threads. Chad B is the man.
tigerhonaker likes this.

post #2534 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post
Unless you are viewing with a large group people which makes it very difficult to control room temperatures over the course of a long movie or football marathon. Plus specific dedicated rooms... the three 4500s I have been around we’re definitely louder than the Sony 5000 and 995. And yes going to high laser mode was noticeably louder. The other 4500 owners would tend to agree with this. Maybe Terry has a unicorn 4500? Either way we appreciate the pics of your b stock 4500 being added to the 5000 “SONY OWNER’S” thread.

You sound like some kind of Sony watchdog. Come on.

Its funny. Ask a Sony guy and the JVC is the loud one. Ask a JVC guy and its the opposite. Is there anyone around here thats like me and that just likes good gear? Im not Chevy or Ford. Its borderline rediculous.

Last edited by Reddig; 03-03-2019 at 11:52 AM.
post #2535 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:

Its funny. Ask a Sony guy and the JVC is the loud one. Ask a JVC guy and its the opposite. Is there anyone around here thats like me and that just likes good gear? Im not Chevy or Ford.
I was fine with his answer. We just didn’t need all the pics of his 4500. He has a couple dedicated threads to his purchase already. This is the 5000 Owner’s thread. It was created to keep out other projector brand plugs.

4K HDR10- ignore the “rules” and trust your eyes!
post #2536 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 670
I am just floored why a person with over 12 foot wide screen (or even 10 foot wide) not run the 5000 at full Laser .... to get the best HDR ? Why this 80 and 70 etc ? Are we trying to save the 20,000 hour bulb life here?
LJG and Art Sonneborn like this.
post #2537 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post
I was fine with his answer. We just didn’t need all the pics of his 4500. He has a couple dedicated threads to his purchase already. This is the 5000 Owner’s thread. It was created to keep out other projector brand plugs.
I get that. Especially with the pic posts. If you go to the JVC threads its a pretty open door tho. Just nice to see a little openness.

post #2538 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Sharma View Post
I am just floored why a person with over 12 foot wide screen (or even 10 foot wide) not run the 5000 at full Laser .... to get the best HDR ? Why this 80 and 70 etc ? Are we trying to save the 20,000 hour bulb life here?
I understand wanting max lumens for HDR but if you must run in HIGH right off the bat, chances are the screen is too big? With a bulb projector you can just get another bulb. What will one do if it starts to dim? How will one correct?

post #2539 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
Thanks Terry thats a real nice unit. Ive seen you posting in the JVC threads. Chad B is the man.
Quote:

Its funny. Ask a Sony guy and the JVC is the loud one. Ask a JVC guy and its the opposite. Is there anyone around here thats like me and that just likes good gear? Im not Chevy or Ford. Its borderline rediculous.
Reddig,

As you, I and a lot of others on this site know there are the Sony versus JVC (Loyalist) !!!

I can tell you I could (Personally) care less what any member on here or any other place decides to spend their monies on and that includes the USA and any other Country buddy.
Honestly as you have noticed it's almost becoming to where a member like myself is (Hesitant) to even post anymore.
It is ridiculous buddy that grown men on this site act like a bunch of young kids arguing over what their Dads said about something when they were growing up to one another.
And like you said cars is a prime example of that crap !!!
Since I am posting to you really and of course the little cliques on here that want to show their asses over Sony versus JVC, Epson etc.
I have only owned 1 JVC and it's the one I have right now and that's the only one I have ever had.
So I'm definitely not a JVC loyalist period.
I post to talk to other members about what they ask and wish to discuss like yourself.
And in my case I make it a point to state when it's a fact versus simply my opinion.
So buddy as I said above, my 4500 does NOT have any ANNOYING-FAN-NOISE, period.
And I took the time to explain to you and added the pictures so you knew that what I said made perfect sense.
It has nothing at all to do with this being a Sony thread at all it was simply answering a legit question you asked.

If you also have read my posts on this site you will not see where I belittle Sony, Epson or any other brand of projector.

You know this internet site as I have said now more than a few times so much reminds me of the Car Internet Sites.

If you ever want to talk with me and ask me anything at all I'll be glad to PM you my Verizon cell #.
That way I can then not look to see if you have a further question or questions and have to also read the RIDICULOUS comments also posted.

Take care,
Terry
Reddig likes this.

JVC RS4500 Laser Projector:
My "New" Home Theater Up-Dates with Pictures, March 6th, 2019 .
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...st-2018-a.html

Last edited by rboster; 03-04-2019 at 08:24 AM.
post #2540 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1185 Post(s)
Liked: 1618
Quote:
I understand wanting max lumens for HDR but if you must run in HIGH right off the bat, chances are the screen is too big? With a bulb projector you can just get another bulb. What will one do if it starts to dim? How will one correct?
You are right but before there is a large change I'll either be dead or have another projector. Three years now and I have 2100 hours.

Art
post #2541 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 6577 Post(s)
Liked: 7601
Quote:
One will be screwed basically. I also don't think it's smart to buy a truck that frequently needs to be put to the floorboards to get up hills. Which is why I got a 6 cylinder Tacoma instead of another 4 cylinder Tacoma. Same idea - more head room power wise. At full power, a laser projector is down 10% brightness in only 4000 hours if it's rated 20,000 hours to 1/2 brightness. 20% at 8000 hours.
G-Rex and Reddig like this.
post #2542 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
One will be screwed basically. I also don't think it's smart to buy a truck that frequently needs to be put to the floorboards to get up hills. Which is why I got a 6 cylinder Tacoma instead of another 4 cylinder Tacoma. Same idea - more head room power wise. At full power, a laser projector is down 10% brightness in only 4000 hours if it's rated 20,000 hours to 1/2 brightness. 20% at 8000 hours.

I guess one just has to decide if the pleasure one gets during us is worth it. At that rate I'll be down 10% in six years. I've never owned any projection system more than five years. Just me and perhaps my age but I would just feel funny saving my projectors for what I don't know. Reminds me of my ex-mother in law. all the furniture in the less used parts of the house had plastic covers . They were like new but dated.

Art
Reddig likes this.
post #2543 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post
I guess one just has to decide if the pleasure one gets during us is worth it. At that rate I'll be down 10% in six years. I've never owned any projection system more than five years. Just me and perhaps my age but I would just feel funny saving my projectors for what I don't know. Reminds me of my ex-mother in law. all the furniture in the less used parts of the house had plastic covers . They were like new but dated.

Art
So you watch 666.666 hours a year ? That's a hell of a number ! For you it makes sense, but some of these guys watch 2000 hours a year or more.
Reddig likes this.
post #2544 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
So you watch 666.666 hours a year ? That's a hell of a number ! For you it makes sense, but some of these guys watch 2000 hours a year or more.
Yea ,that's about right say average 12 hours in a week. Just movies, some football that's about it. I only use it on weekends the only time I have time. This has been how I use my theater since I had it built in 1998 renovated in 2003 modified several times since. Looking at the Christie Large Venue next. Depends on how their production model pans out. Nothing out there can touch it.

Art
Craig Peer and Reddig like this.
post #2545 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
You are right but before there is a large change I'll either be dead or have another projector. Three years now and I have 2100 hours.

Art
My point exactly...
post #2546 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 05:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Reddig,

As you, I and a lot of others on this site know there are the Sony versus JVC (Loyalist) !!!

I can tell you I could (Personally) care less what any member on here or any other place decides to spend their monies on and that includes the USA and any other Country buddy.
Honestly as you have noticed it's almost becoming to where a member like myself is (Hesitant) to even post anymore.
It is ridiculous buddy that grown men on this site act like a bunch of young kids arguing over what their Dads said about something when they were growing up to one another.
And like you said cars is a prime example of that crap !!!
Since I am posting to you really and of course the little cliques on here that want to show their asses over Sony versus JVC, Epson etc.
I have only owned 1 JVC and it's the one I have right now and that's the only one I have ever had.
So I'm definitely not a JVC loyalist period.
I post to talk to other members about what they ask and wish to discuss like yourself.
And in my case I make it a point to state when it's a fact versus simply my opinion.
So buddy as I said above, my 4500 does NOT have any ANNOYING-FAN-NOISE, period.
And I took the time to explain to you and added the pictures so you knew that what I said made perfect sense.
It has nothing at all to do with this being a Sony thread at all it was simply answering a legit question you asked.

If you also have read my posts on this site you will not see where I belittle Sony, Epson or any other brand of projector.

You know this internet site as I have said now more than a few times so much reminds me of the Car Internet Sites.

If you ever want to talk with me and ask me anything at all I'll be glad to PM you my Verizon cell #.
That way I can then not look to see if you have a further question or questions and have to also read the RIDICULOUS comments also posted.

You know Reddig what I really think ???
Some of these members need to get back on their medication and if they are not on some sort of medication to control their thoughts they should instantly seek medical help ASAP.

Take care,
Terry
I hear ya Terry. It can be very annoying and can make a guy hesitant to post like you said. I appreciate hearing from an actual owner too. Ive owned one Sony and one JVC. Both companies make incredible projectors.

Quote:

Art
Id say as long as your getting the lumens you want for the period you expect then your doing pretty good. Watched Ralph Breaks the Internet on my OLED last night and there was some incredible HDR scenes that would look great on your dual setup.

Quote:
Thats what I was thinking. Ya good comparison. Its very similar to motor size in vehicles indeed.
tigerhonaker likes this.

post #2547 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 996 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
I don’t run my projector at 100% unless it’s a 3d movie (very rare these days) or a particular HDR movie that even with the Panasonic Dynamic Slider, still needs extra laser power. I.e tonight I watched Overlord at about 90%. It was a dark movie. I still say my second 5000 is a fair amount brighter that my first 5000, so I only dial it up to what is only needed per a given movie. Yes heat and noise becomes a bit more invasive towards the limits of the 5000 laser setting. Though it’s not a bad thing to run the laser at only necessary amounts, which will keep the projector brighter longer. A greater concern for me is excess heat and any deleterious effects it may have on the panels can be minimized. Let’s face it, SXRD and LYCOS panels do not have the longevity of DLP panels. I would rather avoid any panel degradation, as this projector was expensive, throws a great image....and I would like to keep it that was for as long as possible. At least one calibrator has issued a bit of a warning on this. So I agree, don’t buy a projector that needs the gas pedal mashed to the floorboards. I’d rather be in a diesel BMW cruising at 2800 rpm all day long. Others may have a different opinion on this as some have no concern at running full laser.

Last edited by G-Rex; 03-03-2019 at 07:57 PM.
post #2548 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 07:14 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Craig,
With my 14 foot wide AT 1.0 Gain Screen I am already under powered with the Sony 5000 in terms of light output I desired .... so the only way for me is to drive it with the floorboards.
Now give me a 10,000 or 12000 Lumen projector - I can consider running it at 90 or 80 or less...
We love these devices but when they are taken down (replaced) we don't remember at all once they are gone..
Ash
post #2549 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 09:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Sharma View Post
Quote:
Craig,
With my 14 foot wide AT 1.0 Gain Screen I am already under powered with the Sony 5000 in terms of light output I desired .... so the only way for me is to drive it with the floorboards.
Now give me a 10,000 or 12000 Lumen projector - I can consider running it at 90 or 80 or less...
We love these devices but when they are taken down (replaced) we don't remember at all once they are gone..
Ash
Agree with Art and Ash ... if one is looking for performance , one doesn’t buy GMC truck . No offfence . If one buys G Wagon or McLaren, one doesn’t calculate or base the decision on resale or residual value . I have 16’ wide scope AT screen . So I use it at 100% all the time . I would rather enjoy those 3-5 yrs of experience than not enjoy to fullest and get extra 6 months out of it .
To each his own ...
post #2550 of 2789 Old 03-03-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
Agree with Art and Ash ... if one is looking for performance , one doesn’t buy GMC truck . No offfence . If one buys G Wagon or McLaren, one doesn’t calculate or base the decision on resale or residual value . I have 16’ wide scope AT screen . So I use it at 100% all the time . I would rather enjoy those 3-5 yrs of experience than not enjoy to fullest and get extra 6 months out of it .
To each his own ...
It all depends on what you are trying to do. There really isn't a brighter consumer 4K laser projector of the same calibre as the VW5000 available right now anyway. My screens not as big as yours ( either one ). But I like the fact that on my 122" diagonal 16:9 screen, in low laser ( 18.5 foot lamberts for 1080p sources ), I can watch 500 hours a year - for 80 years - to 1/2 brightness. Who knows - maybe I'll keep my projector for 10 years. I had my Lumis for 7 1/2. Anyway, it's all good. Everyone's setup and needs are different. Let's hope we actually get the rated 20K hours out of these lasers. now back to watching movies - which is what this is really all about.
G-Rex likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page