The Official 5000ES 4K Laser Sony Owner's Thread - Page 86 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1104Likes

post #2551 of 2762 Old 03-03-2019, 10:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
Agree with Art and Ash ... if one is looking for performance , one doesn’t buy GMC truck . No offfence . If one buys G Wagon or McLaren, one doesn’t calculate or base the decision on resale or residual value . I have 16’ wide scope AT screen . So I use it at 100% all the time . I would rather enjoy those 3-5 yrs of experience than not enjoy to fullest and get extra 6 months out of it .
To each his own ...
It all depends on what you are trying to do. There really isn't a brighter consumer 4K laser projector of the same calibre as the VW5000 available right now anyway. My screens not as big as yours ( either one ). But I like the fact that on my 122" diagonal 16:9 screen, in low laser ( 18.5 foot lamberts for 1080p sources ), I can watch 500 hours a year - for 80 years - to 1/2 brightness. Who knows - maybe I'll keep my projector for 10 years. I had my Lumis for 7 1/2. Anyway, it's all good. Everyone's setup and needs are different. Let's hope we actually get the rated 20K hours out of these lasers. now back to watching movies - which is what this is really all about. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
That is true
Eventually it is about enjoying ur theater and not worrying too much about the equipment .
Craig Peer and tigerhonaker like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2552 of 2762 Old 03-04-2019, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 6483 Post(s)
Liked: 7475
Quote:
That is true
Eventually it is about enjoying ur theater and not worrying too much about the equipment .
I wish I had the room and throw distance for your sized screen Mani.
post #2553 of 2762 Old 03-04-2019, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 974
Quote:
Agree with Art and Ash ... if one is looking for performance , one doesn’t buy GMC truck . No offfence . If one buys G Wagon or McLaren, one doesn’t calculate or base the decision on resale or residual value . I have 16’ wide scope AT screen . So I use it at 100% all the time . I would rather enjoy those 3-5 yrs of experience than not enjoy to fullest and get extra 6 months out of it .
To each his own ...
It really is to each his own. If you have lots of money and are not trying to get the most out of your projector then run it as hot and heavy as one wants. If its your end game projector then youd have to be more careful.

Are the lasers experiencing much gamma droop after a few thousand hours? Need a touch up now and then?
Craig Peer likes this.

JBL Pro Cinema/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Roku Ultra/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2554 of 2762 Old 03-06-2019, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2719 Post(s)
Liked: 1383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Sharma View Post
I am just floored why a person with over 12 foot wide screen (or even 10 foot wide) not run the 5000 at full Laser .... to get the best HDR ? Why this 80 and 70 etc ? Are we trying to save the 20,000 hour bulb life here?

<div>@Ash Sharma , have to agree 100% on this one. According to this post (below) he has 8500 hours on the Epson LS10000, with little light loss, it was up for sale and sold almost immediately. Even at high laser the average user will never see 8500 hours, based on 1200 hours per year, over double the typical useage for most, this works out to 17 years. Factoring in technology advances , the vast majority of projectors are outdated in 5 years, have little appeal/value of any sort outside 6-7 years. Even if the lamp is 90%, technology advances would render the device nearly useless. On the one hand marketing is encouraging the latest advancements to be utmost and necessary for the ultimate experience, then on the other end trying to justify having a product 10 years out, those two realities could not be further apart .

I'm with @mani on this one. The Ultimate cinematic experience involves the largest screen, turn it on high for all HDR and 3D reduce brightness for the little SDR most will watch . The biggest and brightest image is the goal not longevity. 3-5 years is tops any average enthusiast will be able to hang on if he wants to stay remotely current, all laser projectors running on high will still be near original brightest 8 years out, even based on above average usage . For the few that live in front of a projector and for commercial venues, Laser is an absolute must to keep costs in line. When a laser projector dims by 50% it's worthless to anyone.

The flagship VW1100 worth $30K back in 2011 can be picked up for under $ 5K. That supposed $10K ARC-F lens has little value apparently, and realize it is actually 4K, all others 1080. In 2015, 4 years ago a Sim2 Lumus 3D was selling for $30,000 , even if it was new in the box today, a 1080 3chip DLP has no value of a relevance today .

I'd say run your laser projector at maximum power enjoy the biggest and best image it can produce . If you want to save money, don't throttle the projector, get a projetor that is much cheaper for a given screen size and run it where it performs best. A great advantage of the Sony Laser line is they produce best performance at maximum laser settings, smart engineering if you ask me.

Now ,if Sony had not addressed the degradation issue long ago, or if there were any indications it even still exists, it would be prudent to throttle back, since this is not the case, there is no need to hold back .

Personally ,I wouldn't buy a sports car and then run it like an econobox to save gas , I'd just buy the econobox in the first place , after all, unless you are unleashing the capabilities, it's simply a waste on many levels .

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/252-f...l#post56801960

I'm selling my Epson LS10000 projector and Stewart ST130 screen so I can upgrade to a lower gain AT screen and PJ with more brightness. The laser light engine on the LS10000 has 8500 hours on it (99% of time in mid-power mode), but is still very close to its original brightness, and still has a long way to go on its advertised 20,000+ hours of laser lifetime. Everything is in perfect working order, and I have not had a lick of trouble.

Dedicated Theater: Sony VPL VW 885ES , Panamorph DCR & ISCO III L Anamorphic Lens, Draper TecVision XT1800X Screen, 2.40:1 134" diagonal curved , Denon AVR-X8500 , 9.2.6 Atmos, Panasonic UB900, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro 4440 , (3) Paradigm CI Elite E7-L+C+R fronts, , (2) CI Pro P80-IW Rear, (2) Paradigm SA-ADP In-wall Surround, (6) SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 In-Ceiling, Subwoofers: (2) SVS SB-16 Ultra , SVS PC13-Ultra .
post #2555 of 2762 Old 03-06-2019, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Honestly, with my Dynamic Slider on the Panasonic 9000, with full HDR or running SDR rec2020, or even on the Oppo with HDR off mode for streaming through the input, I am sacrificing very little running at 84 (low mode) on the laser. I compared 84 to 95, and the difference is minimal. To each his own, but I have a great image where my settings are at, plus less fan noise, heat and it’s better on the panels. The only objectionable dark image I get is running at 84 with the Oppo in full HDR mode. If I did that, I would need to crank the laser to 100, but there are ways around that.

You guys are acting like I have settled for a dark image and that simply is not accurate. No I don’t live to worry about my equipment, but I do have an eye on balancing all factors. As I have stated earlier, my second 5000 appears a fair amount brighter than my first, which could be part of the equation.
roxiedog13 likes this.

Last edited by G-Rex; 03-06-2019 at 09:17 AM.
post #2556 of 2762 Old 03-06-2019, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1159 Post(s)
Liked: 1584
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
You guys are acting like I have settled for a dark image and that simply is not accurate. No I don’t live to worry about my equipment, but I do have an eye on balancing all factors. As I have stated earlier, my second 5000 appears a fair amount brighter than my first, which could be part of the equation.
Who said that ? All I say is I prefer a brighter thus more vivid image. I can mute one projector then back and forth, the difference is nothing short of astonishing. If you are fine where you are that is great. I personally, however, have a limited lifespan and have no intention of saving some laser life three years from now for and an image I can obviously see is inferior.

I think my mother in law saving her out of style couch with a plastic cover that only got removed for the three more family occasions she had in her life is a good one for me. I want to sit down and watch what I know is the best I can get in my room with my screen size..... now.

Trust me when I saw over 500 nits with HDR on a screen close to 20' wide at Christie in October I was shown dramatically that there is more there than even I'm getting.
post #2557 of 2762 Old 03-06-2019, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post
Who said that ? All I say is I prefer a brighter thus more vivid image. I can mute one projector then back and forth, the difference is nothing short of astonishing. If you are fine where you are that is great. I personally, however, have a limited lifespan and have no intention of saving some laser life three years from now for and an image I can obviously see is inferior.

I think my mother in law saving her out of style couch with a plastic cover that only got removed for the three more family occasions she had in her life is a good one for me. I want to sit down and watch what I know is the best I can get in my room with my screen size..... now.

Trust me when I saw over 500 nits with HDR on a screen close to 20' wide at Christie in October I was shown dramatically that there is more there than even I'm getting.
I am generalizing a bit Art, (perhaps with a mild dose of sarcasm) relative to my “dark image” comment. No, I’m not a granny or a mother-in-law with a plastic coated couch, nor do I drive a GMC truck. I drive an X5M diesel with staggered 20s and DHP... so I like performance. Perhaps I am eluding to a bit of knowledge that has been shared with me. My opinion is, if one is completely satisfied with their image (not maxed out) then it may be wise to back off a bit relative to max laser. That’s all I will say on the matter. Once again, I am balancing all factors in light of what I know... and still enjoying my projector and image immensely.
Art Sonneborn and joerod like this.

Last edited by G-Rex; 03-06-2019 at 07:32 PM.
post #2558 of 2762 Old 03-07-2019, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

When I visited the JVC showroom in Canada the rep there shared with me something very significant.He explained that Robert Silva the THX guru, had helped with their set up. During the process he informed them he had a theater setup currently optimized for HDR that produced 400 nits. 400 nits is like 120FL, which is extremely high by comparison to what others have on average. Robert Silva is the same person that claimed contrast was the number one element for image quality, then again, maybe this was back when contrast averages were 3000:1, I have no idea. Given the importance and availability of HDR content today , and considering what he has as a personal setup , Mr. Silva may very well update his priortiy list in the near future.

Anyway, this is why the VW5000 is high on my list at this point, with the screen I have chosen the VW5000 will allow the best HDR headroom without any additional help from an anamorphic lens or highter gain screen, in fact, I can use a ST100 for the very first time. I've seen the RS4500 , the VW5000 is up next ,I really need to go see the VW5000 first hand . I have to make a few business trips across Canada soon, Montreal and Toronto are on my schedule. If one of the members here are from those cities or any other in Canada and have the VW5000 setup and calibrated, please let me know . If they could accommodate a very brief visit that would be wonderful. I have checked with all the dealers I know , none have the VW5000 in their showroom, nor does Sony .

Dedicated Theater: Sony VPL VW 885ES , Panamorph DCR & ISCO III L Anamorphic Lens, Draper TecVision XT1800X Screen, 2.40:1 134" diagonal curved , Denon AVR-X8500 , 9.2.6 Atmos, Panasonic UB900, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro 4440 , (3) Paradigm CI Elite E7-L+C+R fronts, , (2) CI Pro P80-IW Rear, (2) Paradigm SA-ADP In-wall Surround, (6) SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 In-Ceiling, Subwoofers: (2) SVS SB-16 Ultra , SVS PC13-Ultra .

Last edited by roxiedog13; 03-08-2019 at 10:01 AM.
post #2559 of 2762 Old 03-07-2019, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I am generalizing a bit Art, (perhaps with a mild dose of sarcasm) relative to my “dark image” comment. No, I’m not a granny or a mother-in-law with a plastic coated couch, nor do I drive a GMC truck. I drive an X5M diesel with staggered 20s and DHP... so I like performance. Perhaps I am eluding to a bit of knowledge that has been shared with me. My opinion is, if one is completely satisfied with their image (not maxed out) then it may be wise to back off a bit relative to max laser. That’s all I will say on the matter. Once again, I am balancing all factors in light of what I know... and still enjoying my projector and image immensely.

Just checked out the X5M diesel, impressive power . My wife is driving the BMW X3 at preset , just about to trade it in, this X5 may be a good option , hope the gas mileage is good! Actually, no joking, the X3 6 cylinder twin turbo is very powerful car and the gas mileage is really impressive on the highway. May be picking up a Porche Boxster GTS this spring as well, probably not so efficient on petro though.
G-Rex likes this.

post #2560 of 2762 Old 03-09-2019, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Just wondering if anyone has had any HDMI issues? It is the oddest problem. I use a 100ft fiber optic hdmi cable. It has worked perfectly, then out of the blue, no picture anymore on Input 1. First thing you would figure is the hdmi cable went bad. So I changed the cable to input 2, picture came up immediately. So then I figured the hdmi input 1 has gone bad. So I grabbed a short cable, plugged it into input one with a device... got picture...what the?!?!? I have talked to Sony support, they want me to send it in, told me it would take 30-45 days... ugh. I don’t wanna go without my Projector for that long. Anyone else experience anything so odd? Anytime I plug that fiber optic cable into input 1, no picture, plug it into input 2... picture.....
post #2561 of 2762 Old 03-09-2019, 05:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsj View Post
Just wondering if anyone has had any HDMI issues? It is the oddest problem. I use a 100ft fiber optic hdmi cable. It has worked perfectly, then out of the blue, no picture anymore on Input 1. First thing you would figure is the hdmi cable went bad. So I changed the cable to input 2, picture came up immediately. So then I figured the hdmi input 1 has gone bad. So I grabbed a short cable, plugged it into input one with a device... got picture...what the?!?!? I have talked to Sony support, they want me to send it in, told me it would take 30-45 days... ugh. I don’t wanna go without my Projector for that long. Anyone else experience anything so odd? Anytime I plug that fiber optic cable into input 1, no picture, plug it into input 2... picture.....
Is it with all sources or only 4K sources? I don't recall the reason, but I believe HDMI 2 is the preferred input for 4K sources. Not sure if it's an edid setting or what, but that's I've heard.
post #2562 of 2762 Old 03-09-2019, 06:35 PM

Hmm... I don’t think so.... as it was 4k in input 1 before, and then just stopped out of the blue. When I plugged a device in with a short cable, it was the same device going through the long cable to input 2, and showed picture. I have just been using input 2, this happened like 3 months ago, and I keep dragging my feet with calling Sony back to have it sent in.
post #2563 of 2762 Old 03-10-2019, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Liked: 662
On a separate note - watched Spider-Man - Into the Spider- Verse on my 5000 played on Kaleidescape Stratos UHD HDR ATMOS.
Wow Wow Wow - what a technical - video - Audio treat - could never imagine this look of animation.
In the beginning I thought my Trinnov 32 HDMI card was acting up as the movie has a certain look - switched to VUDU ATMOS UHD 4K HDR and then switched back to Kaleidescape.
Whoever says that Streaming is getting close to bit by bit Audio has not done a direct comparison - just no contest.
I keep saying - this is great time to own a home theater - movies are off the charts awesome due to the technology..
Must watch...
dinamigym likes this.
post #2564 of 2762 Old 03-10-2019, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Does your fiber optic use the 5v from the source or do you plug in a power adapter at the projector end? I find it odd that Sony wants you to send the proj in. You proved Input 1 works with a different cable. BTW the use of Input 2 for 4k is for the first Sony 4k units prior to the 5000.

John

Last edited by netroamer; 03-10-2019 at 02:41 PM.
post #2565 of 2762 Old 03-10-2019, 02:52 PM

Well I find it odd to, but that doesn't change that they want me to send it in. Also, it may explain that input 1 does work, but it does not explain why it works with a different cable, but input 2 works with the fiber cable. The cable receives power from the source, it does not have a plug in adapter.
post #2566 of 2762 Old 03-10-2019, 03:43 PM

So does the lack of function on input 1 with the first cable work sometimes after restarting ? I have two in a stacked arrangement and sometimes one won't sync with the input at power up but it is intermittent occurring perhaps one in ten times. It's always the same one.

art
post #2567 of 2762 Old 03-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well I find it odd to, but that doesn't change that they want me to send it in. Also, it may explain that input 1 does work, but it does not explain why it works with a different cable, but input 2 works with the fiber cable. The cable receives power from the source, it does not have a plug in adapter.

Yes, Art, I also was going to suggest pulling the ac power and rebooting the projector. It is possible that Input just became corrupted and a reboot will correct. Also. if he has not done any firmware updates, trying to send one through may also reset the input and fix the issue.

John

post #2568 of 2762 Old 03-10-2019, 04:53 PM

I tried leaving the power off over night, and it still didn't work. I need to do the firmware update, and I am really hoping that resets something and it starts working again. I could just keep using input 2, but something in the back of my mind just keeps saying, it should work on input 1 also, and if it isn't, there is a reason...
post #2569 of 2762 Old 03-10-2019, 04:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
I tried leaving the power off over night, and it still didn't work. I need to do the firmware update, and I am really hoping that resets something and it starts working again. I could just keep using input 2, but something in the back of my mind just keeps saying, it should work on input 1 also, and if it isn't, there is a reason...
Disconnect all HDMI cables in the chain . Unplug all devices from the outlets then hook up hdmi cables and power up source , then audio processor /video processor , then Sony
post #2570 of 2762 Old 03-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
If you do the firmware update, unplug the HDMI cables before starting the update. Also, it may be worth a try to do a AC reboot with the cables unplugged.

John

post #2571 of 2762 Old 03-10-2019, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 781 Post(s)
Liked: 1110
Quote:

I would also double check to make sure the “HDMI Signal Format” is set to “Enhanced” for both inputs.

This is in the Menu under the “Function” tab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #2572 of 2762 Old 03-10-2019, 05:00 PM

Sorry, should have stated, when I left the power off overnight, it was with no cables plugged in..
post #2573 of 2762 Old 03-10-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post
I would also double check to make sure the “HDMI Signal Format” is set to “Enhanced” for both inputs.

This is in the Menu under the “Function” tab.

Yes, Sony made sure I did that when I talked with them about it. I talked with them about this before Christmas, they knew I didn't want to send it in then, so the Tech guy just said he noted my account, and gave me his direct number to call him back. Still well within the warranty period, just haven't given it much thought until a couple weeks ago, just been happily using input 2.

Not to get to personal, it just hasn't been at the forefront of my mind. We have a 7 year old that was diagnosed with Cancer almost a year ago, and the closest Childrens Hospital is 300 miles away in Salt Lake City Utah, and we literally spend 7-10 days a month at that hospital. Hadn't been to this thread in awhile, so I figured I would post to see if anyone else had any issues. We actually just got back home a few hours ago, so I am gonna update the firmware, do some more testing. We go back up in 3 weeks, so if I can't make any progress by then, probably phone sony and get this projector on its way back.

Last edited by robinsj; 03-10-2019 at 05:13 PM.
post #2574 of 2762 Old 03-10-2019, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 781 Post(s)
Liked: 1110
Quote:
Yes, Sony made sure I did that when I talked with them about it. I talked with them about this before Christmas, they knew I didn't want to send it in then, so the Tech guy just said he noted my account, and gave me his direct number to call him back. Still well within the warranty period, just haven't given it much thought until a couple weeks ago, just been happily using input 2.

Not to get to personal, it just hasn't been at the forefront of my mind. We have a 7 year old that was diagnosed with Cancer almost a year ago, and the closest Childrens Hospital is 300 miles away in Salt Lake City Utah, and we literally spend 7-10 days a month at that hospital. Hadn't been to this thread in awhile, so I figured I would post to see if anyone else had any issues. We actually just got back home a few hours ago, so I am gonna update the firmware, do some more testing. We go back up in 3 weeks, so if I can't make any progress by then, probably phone sony and get this projector on its way back.

I have had multiple Sony 5000ES projectors that had to be sent back to Sony with a dead HDMI port. The Sony 5000ES HDMI board seems super sensitive.

I would recommend boxing the unit and sending it in for repair while you are away, as it can easily take a month to get it sent in, fixed, and returned. It will go to Sony’s facility in Carson, CA for repair, so you will have less transit time than I had to deal with.

post #2575 of 2762 Old 03-11-2019, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Unhappy

Quote:

Robin,

Sorry to read about your very young 7 year old.

I sincerely hope things end up turning out okay.

Terry Honaker
Art Sonneborn likes this.

JVC RS4500 Laser Projector:
My "New" Home Theater Up-Dates with Pictures, March 6th, 2019 .
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...st-2018-a.html
post #2576 of 2762 Old 03-11-2019, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Tough times @robinsj ,sorry to hear about your situation . A sick child is often referred to as the worst nightmare a parent can face, for those of us that have to endure , it is in fact a living nightmare. I've been down this path too, a few times, unfortunately, seeing your extended stays and knowing the disease, I have an idea what kind of cancer . HT is a good distraction, in fact , any hobby or sport that can occupy your time is a good constructive way to cope. I restored a old car , airplane and finished a home theater to keep me busy, just be careful ,other destructive hobbies can help to fill in your time , they don't work out down the road. The hospitals we had to use were 800 miles and 2000 miles away from home, my wife and I had to split month on/off for quite some time. I spent a lot of time at many Ronald MacDonald houses around the world, unfortunately, didn't see my wife or other children for a months at a time . Keep busy, it doens't stop the pain, but it can really help maintain your sanity , this is really all you can do.

post #2577 of 2762 Old 03-11-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiedog13 View Post
Tough times @robinsj ,sorry to hear about your situation . A sick child is often referred to as the worst nightmare a parent can face, for those of us that have to endure , it is in fact a living nightmare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Robin,
Sorry to read about your very young 7 year old.
I sincerely hope things end up turning out okay.
Terry Honaker
Thanks for the kind thoughts. I don't mind saying what type of cancer it is, he was diagnosed with Wilms Tumor. He was a very low stage, and wilms is highly curable. We went through a very mild chemo regimen, and when he was done with treatment, what were supposed to be his final scans, showed the tumor grew back. Then some other complications, landed us in the hospital for almost the whole month of October, tumor rupture, belly grew alot, drain put in, drained almost 2 liters in fluid in 24 hours, crazy time.

Kids are amazing, he is resilient. Having met a lot of parents through this, it seems parents hold all the stress while kids just still wanna be kids, and act like kids. He is on much tougher chemo this time around, and is doing even better then he was the first time. All his doctors just can't believe how quickly he recovers from surgery, and handles the chemo. The last round the doc told us, you would think we are giving him water as it just doesn't seem to phase him.

Here is a photo from him last Thanksgiving, hope I am not breaking forum rules. This was just weeks after a almost month long hospital stay.

He wears bald wonderfully.

Anyway, back to the 5000es, updated the firmware, no change on the input 1 starting to work with the fiber cable. I haven't actually tested it with another cable and the device plugged right into it again. Will do that later tonight. I unplugged everything from the projector last night, so it has had no power since yesterday. Had to get to work this morning. Which I do love my work, self-employed, and it is almost like a hobby, and fitting for me, as I sell Movies/Music online.
post #2578 of 2762 Old 03-11-2019, 01:04 PM

My thought and prayers are with you. I raised four boys and I can't imagine what you have and are going through.
Art
post #2579 of 2762 Old 03-11-2019, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Liked: 652
Quote:
Disconnect all HDMI cables in the chain . Unplug all devices from the outlets then hook up hdmi cables and power up source , then audio processor /video processor , then Sony
Mani, thank you for reminding me of this procedure. I sort of forgot. All was smooth until some months ago I tried the Radiance Pro new 18 Ghz microcode several times and went back to the old 18 Ghz microcode due to issues. Recently I thought I was having more success with the new microcode and switched to the new, the old a number of times and had issues with both. So I followed your procedure and now everything is working smoothly, using multiple HDMI sources into the Radiance Pro, first with the old microcode, and the good news, I upgraded to the new microcode and all is working smoothly. I also did a boot mode update of the Radiance Pro and then reloaded the configuration I had saved before I turned on the projector. I've gotta write this down to remember if I start having any issues again!

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 Sony VPL-VW5000ES; Paladin DCR Lens; Radiance Pro; Stewart Vistascope 2:40 14' wide screen; Trinnov:Altitude 32 (24Ch w ROON), Amplitude 8 & 8m amps; 3 Theta Prometheus monoblocks; 3 Aerial 7ts & 6 7LCRs; 9 Triad Inceiling Rotating Silver/Sat 9; 2 JL Audio f212 & 2 Paradigm Persona subs; Oppo UDP-205; Kaleidescape Strato C & Terra 40TB Movie Server; WD 32TB Music Server
post #2580 of 2762 Old 03-11-2019, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I have installed a firmware update without issue but I can't seem to get this one to upload. I have tried several USB flash devices that I had. I just bought a new Kingston 16gig flash drive. Put it in a window computer and formatted the drive. Re-downloaded software to computer and decompressed. Moved file to flash drive as only file on the drive.

The drive is inserted into the 5000ES and then I power on. I get flashing green lights and the PJ starts up as usual. Anyone have a solution to suggest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page