Official JVC RS4500/Z1 Owner's Thread - Page 129 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2532Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3841 of 3870 Old 01-08-2020, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 17,030
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7443 Post(s)
Liked: 9007
I'm not quite at 1700 hours in nearly 3 years. At my current rate of watching my RS4500 ( about 500 hours a year - same as every year since 2003 ), I estimate my RS4500 will lose 10% brightness since it was new - in another 10 years. HA ! I love this projector !





Craig Peer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3842 of 3870 Old 01-08-2020, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MOberhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,525
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Yes, air intake is in the rear, exhaust is in the front. I have a Y and two flex ducts drawing hot air out of my closet.
Ah, right. That's right, hot air rises, so if I was using wall exhaust fans, if for example I had mine that hight, I could put a second themal shelf above (probably metal) with a 6inch Gap at the lens end and the exhaust fans sucking from the rear top of the cabinet, with passive vents behind the intake.

BTW, where is the sensor on the unit for the remote?
MOberhardt is online now  
post #3843 of 3870 Old 01-08-2020, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 17,030
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7443 Post(s)
Liked: 9007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
Ah, right. That's right, hot air rises, so if I was using wall exhaust fans, if for example I had mine that hight, I could put a second themal shelf above (probably metal) with a 6inch Gap at the lens end and the exhaust fans sucking from the rear top of the cabinet, with passive vents behind the intake.

BTW, where is the sensor on the unit for the remote?
There is one front and rear. I'm using the rear one with an IR extender. You can see a bit of black electrical tape holding the IR extender sensor over it on the shot of the rear of the projector.
MOberhardt likes this.
Craig Peer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3844 of 3870 Old 01-08-2020, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,788
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5679 Post(s)
Liked: 3732
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
I've searched the thread and it does appear that panel alignment is good on these units? That only full panel alignment has been needed not zone? So no resolution issues?

Also, regards the hushbox / ventilation, I did hear that these push air out of the front, not the rear? So if you are building an enclosure against a rear wall, you would put and exhaust fan behind it to push the air into the enclosure, and then have passive vents to the side. Eg

A real nuisance the airflow isn't front to rear. Would make it work much better. Or is it front to rear airflow?
Panel alignment really varies unit to unit. The first one I had required some zone alignment but that's only because I sit 7 feet from a 135". At 10 feet back you could no longer tell. I also didn't notice any loss of sharpness from the zone alignment when I used it (again sitting 7 feet from 135"). I was using PC desktop text as a measurement of this, which is way more strict than UHD movies or such. There's no guarantee any projector will have perfect alignment. I found zone alignment was preferable to having the edges slightly out of alignment from my seating position. My replacement projector (original had an unrelated issue), uses full pixel alignment but not zone alignment.

You should be aware that any projector with a lens this size will take 40+ minutes to fully warm up before alignment and focus settles in as the lens acclimates to the room and power on temp. Again, not really something you notice watching movies. Definitely something you can see at very close distances running desktop text or such.
MOberhardt and Archibald1 like this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #3845 of 3870 Old 01-08-2020, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MOberhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,525
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Panel alignment really varies unit to unit. The first one I had required some zone alignment but that's only because I sit 7 feet from a 135". At 10 feet back you could no longer tell. I also didn't notice any loss of sharpness from the zone alignment when I used it (again sitting 7 feet from 135"). I was using PC desktop text as a measurement of this, which is way more strict than UHD movies or such. There's no guarantee any projector will have perfect alignment. I found zone alignment was preferable to having the edges slightly out of alignment from my seating position. My replacement projector (original had an unrelated issue), uses full pixel alignment but not zone alignment.

You should be aware that any projector with a lens this size will take 40+ minutes to fully warm up before alignment and focus settles in as the lens acclimates to the room and power on temp. Again, not really something you notice watching movies. Definitely something you can see at very close distances running desktop text or such.
7 feet at 135"!!! Yes I'm more 10ft at 115" (16:9)...

What throw distance are you using? Would that affect it at all as well. Eg so better off projector close as possible of far as possible for the screen? I guess for nits the closer the better. Not sure on optics though.
MOberhardt is online now  
post #3846 of 3870 Old 01-08-2020, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,788
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5679 Post(s)
Liked: 3732
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
7 feet at 135"!!! Yes I'm more 10ft at 115" (16:9)...

What throw distance are you using? Would that affect it at all as well. Eg so better off projector close as possible of far as possible for the screen? I guess for nits the closer the better. Not sure on optics though.
10 Feet from 115" I would have not used the zone at all on my previous unit. In fact, I suspect if you're off by 1 full pixel you won't really see it from that distance/size. I'm at 14 feet throw. The closer you are, the brighter lumens but you use less of your lens. I'm basically as close throw-wise as I can be except 6 inches or so of play.
MOberhardt likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #3847 of 3870 Old 01-08-2020, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MOberhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,525
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
10 Feet from 115" I would have not used the zone at all on my previous unit. In fact, I suspect if you're off by 1 full pixel you won't really see it from that distance/size. I'm at 14 feet throw. The closer you are, the brighter lumens but you use less of your lens. I'm basically as close throw-wise as I can be except 6 inches or so of play.
Thanks. That is good to know for projector placement. I think from a projector calculator I used closest for 115 would be about 12ft. Could run it in low laser I expect even for 3D.
MOberhardt is online now  
post #3848 of 3870 Old 01-08-2020, 07:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,788
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5679 Post(s)
Liked: 3732
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
Thanks. That is good to know for projector placement. I think from a projector calculator I used closest for 115 would be about 12ft. Could run it in low laser I expect even for 3D.
Low laser iris fully open on my unit measured about 1025 lumens (in 16x9 mode) / 1090 lumens (17x9 mode) which was the same as the 675ES on low lamp. If I remember right, you had one of those sony's? I use to use low laser because I was concerned about laser life. But instead, moved that setting to mid laser and iris at -8 which significantly increases the native contrast of the projector (estimated to about 35,000:1 at that setting).

Mid laser at -8 is 975 lumens here which is very close to low laser iris 0.
MOberhardt likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.

Last edited by markmon1; 01-08-2020 at 07:18 PM.
markmon1 is offline  
post #3849 of 3870 Old 01-08-2020, 07:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MOberhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,525
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Low laser iris fully open on my unit measured about 1025 lumens (in 16x9 mode) / 1090 lumens (17x9 mode) which was the same as the 675ES on low lamp. If I remember right, you had one of those sony's? I use to use low laser because I was concerned about laser life. But instead, moved that setting to mid laser and iris at -8 which significantly increases the native contrast of the projector (estimated to about 35,000:1 at that setting).
Hmm, interesting. Yes I have a 675, although I've never run it on high lamp.

Laser life wasn't so much my main concern as opposed to noise and heat. I might end up running medium if the noise if ok in an enclosure - and do the same and manually limit the iris.

It'd be interesting if the actual power consumption if different with different laser levels. The manual doesn't differentiate. Be nice if they gave all figures for different settings (Eg they only show sound levels on low - which is oddly slightly lower than the 675 on low)
MOberhardt is online now  
post #3850 of 3870 Old 01-08-2020, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,788
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5679 Post(s)
Liked: 3732
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
Hmm, interesting. Yes I have a 675, although I've never run it on high lamp.

Laser life wasn't so much my main concern as opposed to noise and heat. I might end up running medium if the noise if ok in an enclosure - and do the same and manually limit the iris.

It'd be interesting if the actual power consumption if different with different laser levels. The manual doesn't differentiate. Be nice if they gave all figures for different settings (Eg they only show sound levels on low - which is oddly slightly lower than the 675 on low)
Yea, back to comparing to the 675ES. The sound on low laser is almost no noise at all. It's really quiet. On mid laser, it is about like your 675ES on high. You'll hear it during silent scenes but no most the time and yo may get use to it easy. The noise on high laser is louder again. May be distracting. It's not too bad though if you keep your room cooled. Also, it depends on the content you're watching. If you are watching something dark, laser dimming kicks in and the fans will reduce speed. As soon as you kick into mid laser, it will spin up the fans no matter the content. But then shortly after it lowers them as needed.

I never use high laser - ever.

Using the exact same meter as I measured my RS4500, I measured my 675ES at 210 hours on the bulb. It was measured on "bright TV" setting. All these measurements are 16x9 mode. 17x9 uses full panel for more lumens:
1045 lumens low lamp
1709 lumens high lamp.

Compare to RS4500 on natural (a calibrated setting):
1024 lumens low laser
1824 lumens mid laser

My RS4500 on "high bright" measures:
1231 lumens low laser
2247 lumens mid laser

Note that high bright is not really watchable however, you can turn down the green a lot and get something close to watchable.

Even if my meter is off, its the same meter used to compare the 675ES and the RS4500 in the same room so it should give you an accurate expectation on lumens between the two.
MOberhardt likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #3851 of 3870 Old 01-08-2020, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,788
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5679 Post(s)
Liked: 3732
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
Hmm, interesting. Yes I have a 675, although I've never run it on high lamp.

Laser life wasn't so much my main concern as opposed to noise and heat. I might end up running medium if the noise if ok in an enclosure - and do the same and manually limit the iris.

It'd be interesting if the actual power consumption if different with different laser levels. The manual doesn't differentiate. Be nice if they gave all figures for different settings (Eg they only show sound levels on low - which is oddly slightly lower than the 675 on low)
One more point. The RS4500 (in USA) comes with front fan deflectors. See the images below of mine with and without. They lowered the noise about 3-4db for me - a pretty significant amount. I'm sitting 5 feet in front of my projector.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rs4500-mounted-strapped.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	2666796   Click image for larger version

Name:	rs4500-mounted-front.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	387.3 KB
ID:	2666798  
Craig Peer and MOberhardt like this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #3852 of 3870 Old 01-08-2020, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MOberhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,525
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Hmm, for some reason, I'm not sure why, I was expecting that the lumens would be higher on the RS4500 on low, but from your notes, basically the noise levels and lumens on low and med are the same as the Sony on low and high.

So I sort of expected if the 675 was around 1800/1000 the JVC would be 3000 high, 1400 low, with the same sort of ratio. So engaging the DCIP3 filter on low would be pretty dark. Probably around 700-800 lumen. Hmm.
MOberhardt is online now  
post #3853 of 3870 Old 01-08-2020, 09:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,788
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5679 Post(s)
Liked: 3732
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
Hmm, for some reason, I'm not sure why, I was expecting that the lumens would be higher on the RS4500 on low, but from your notes, basically the noise levels and lumens on low and med are the same as the Sony on low and high.

So I sort of expected if the 675 was around 1800/1000 the JVC would be 3000 high, 1400 low, with the same sort of ratio. So engaging the DCIP3 filter on low would be pretty dark. Probably around 700-800 lumen. Hmm.
Forget that filter. I don't think you ever should plan on using it. If you have the extra lumens for the filter, you can just close the iris down for better contrast and I think that looks better. The RS4500 looks great without the filter. The JVC performs closer to those specs you listed when it's on high bright, which is uncalibrated lumens.

Also, remember that humans perceive increased brightness when light source is solid state vs lamp (for some reason).

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.

Last edited by markmon1; 01-09-2020 at 06:07 AM.
markmon1 is offline  
post #3854 of 3870 Old 01-09-2020, 03:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
woofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SwiftsCreek, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,673
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post

Also, remember that humans perceive increased brightness when light source is solid state vs lamp (for some reason).
Yep , confirm this as well...... All Laser projectors i have had in my theatre ( Z1/RS4500...SONY 760ES...BENQ LK970) appear brighter at the same Lumen level as a Lamp based PJ ?? Not sure why, but many have commented on this aspect.
Craig Peer and Archibald1 like this.
woofer is offline  
post #3855 of 3870 Old 01-09-2020, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN. USA
Posts: 1,978
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 813
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
I'm not quite at 1700 hours in nearly 3 years. At my current rate of watching my RS4500 ( about 500 hours a year - same as every year since 2003 ), I estimate my RS4500 will lose 10% brightness since it was new - in another 10 years. HA ! I love this projector !





Craig,

Now those pictures are Killer ^^^

Terry
tigerhonaker is offline  
post #3856 of 3870 Old 01-09-2020, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 17,030
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7443 Post(s)
Liked: 9007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Craig,

Now those pictures are Killer ^^^

Terry
Logan Lucky - 4K Blu-ray. Fun movie !
Craig Peer is offline  
post #3857 of 3870 Old 01-10-2020, 05:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Archibald1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,757
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked: 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Logan Lucky - 4K Blu-ray. Fun movie !
I might buy that now, on the basis of those pictures! Is it a true 4K film?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
Archibald1 is offline  
post #3858 of 3870 Old 01-10-2020, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 17,030
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7443 Post(s)
Liked: 9007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archibald1 View Post
I might buy that now, on the basis of those pictures! Is it a true 4K film?
Logan Lucky – Real 4K, HDR https://4kmedia.org/real-or-fake-4k/3/

Funny crime caper movie with Daniel Craig in a role that's a hoot !
MOberhardt and Archibald1 like this.
Craig Peer is offline  
post #3859 of 3870 Old 01-10-2020, 09:26 AM
Member
 
rola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I have to see that movie
rola is online now  
post #3860 of 3870 Old 01-10-2020, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Archibald1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,757
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked: 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Logan Lucky – Real 4K, HDR https://4kmedia.org/real-or-fake-4k/3/

Funny crime caper movie with Daniel Craig in a role that's a hoot !
Excellent. Another real 4K affair. Cheers.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
Archibald1 is offline  
post #3861 of 3870 Old 01-10-2020, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,941
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5236 Post(s)
Liked: 4150
I'll have to re-watch that movie. Forgot I even had it.
Craig Peer likes this.
audioguy is offline  
post #3862 of 3870 Old 01-10-2020, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 27,183
Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12998 Post(s)
Liked: 10635
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthehat85 View Post
Does anyone know what the flow rate cfm of the rs4500 exhaust fans? I’m designing a hush box and need to size ventilation fans.
Shoot me an email and I can send it to you.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #3863 of 3870 Old 01-10-2020, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 27,183
Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12998 Post(s)
Liked: 10635
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
3.499 m2/min = 123.5724 CFM

This is similar to what I use - https://www.acinfinity.com/component...roller-4-inch/
That is worst case, high altitude mode.

LD power:
L: 36 CFM
M: 49 CFM
H: 80 CFM
MAX: 124 CFM (High Altitude mode)
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #3864 of 3870 Old 01-10-2020, 02:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 17,030
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7443 Post(s)
Liked: 9007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
That is worst case, high altitude mode.

LD power:
L: 36 CFM
M: 49 CFM
H: 80 CFM
MAX: 124 CFM (High Altitude mode)
Sure, but you better design in capability to draw off more hot air than needed. Just because you plan on running in medium laser doesn't mean your fans should max out at 50 CFM. My fan is rated at 178 CFM and with ducting resistance it's just right. 200 CFM will be the next replacement fan - and the AC Infinity fans are variable speed anyway.
Craig Peer is offline  
post #3865 of 3870 Old 01-10-2020, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MOberhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,525
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Logan Lucky – Real 4K, HDR https://4kmedia.org/real-or-fake-4k/3/

Funny crime caper movie with Daniel Craig in a role that's a hoot !
I love that movie. I think it is my most watched UHD, and my fav Soderberg film. I am seriously so glad that this got a UHD release. That said, my second fav Soderberg film is actually Haywire, although not many seem to like it.
Craig Peer likes this.
MOberhardt is online now  
post #3866 of 3870 Old 01-10-2020, 05:22 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 17,030
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7443 Post(s)
Liked: 9007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
I love that movie. I think it is my most watched UHD, and my fav Soderberg film. I am seriously so glad that this got a UHD release. That said, my second fav Soderberg film is actually Haywire, although not many seem to like it.
I have Haywire on Blu-ray - great film. After I watch " Alien : Covenant ", I like to watch Haywire so I can see Michael Fassbender's character get his ass kicked. Like a palate cleanser !
MOberhardt likes this.
Craig Peer is offline  
post #3867 of 3870 Old 01-10-2020, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MOberhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,525
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
I have Haywire on Blu-ray - great film. After I watch " Alien : Covenant ", I like to watch Haywire so I can see Michael Fassbender's character get his ass kicked. Like a palate cleanser !
Hah, brilliant idea! I think I'll do the same. I've been meaning to watch Prometheus and Covenant soon. I've only seen Prometheus in 3d on the projector, and have yet to watch the UHD.

Glad to see Carano is in Mandalorian. I thought she was great in Haywire, and so overlooked as a real kick axx action actor over Rousey. Just my opinion though.
MOberhardt is online now  
post #3868 of 3870 Old 01-10-2020, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 17,030
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7443 Post(s)
Liked: 9007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
Hah, brilliant idea! I think I'll do the same. I've been meaning to watch Prometheus and Covenant soon. I've only seen Prometheus in 3d on the projector, and have yet to watch the UHD.

Glad to see Carano is in Mandalorian. I thought she was great in Haywire, and so overlooked as a real kick axx action actor over Rousey. Just my opinion though.
In the Haywire extras Fassbender says he was worried Carano would really beat the crap out of him - which she easily could. Makes that fight scene in the hotel room look extremely realistic !
MOberhardt likes this.
Craig Peer is offline  
post #3869 of 3870 Old 01-13-2020, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 27,183
Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12998 Post(s)
Liked: 10635
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Sure, but you better design in capability to draw off more hot air than needed. Just because you plan on running in medium laser doesn't mean your fans should max out at 50 CFM. My fan is rated at 178 CFM and with ducting resistance it's just right. 200 CFM will be the next replacement fan - and the AC Infinity fans are variable speed anyway.
I was not saying to not use that number for design. I was just letting him know what that number actually was and gave him the other numbers.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #3870 of 3870 Old 01-14-2020, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 17,030
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7443 Post(s)
Liked: 9007
Another advantage of the RS4500 - no mechanical dynamic iris. I've got a person that received an RS3000 with a " grinding iris ". I have yet to hear the laser dimming " grind " on my RS4500.
Jive Turkey likes this.
Craig Peer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off