Official JVC RS4500/Z1 Owner's Thread - Page 91 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1947Likes

post #2701 of 3066 Old 04-06-2019, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 197
@tigerhonaker - thanks for the recommendation on 'Godless'. Watched it over the last week and found it really fun.
tigerhonaker likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2702 of 3066 Old 04-06-2019, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked: 559
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWilkinson View Post
@tigerhonaker - thanks for the recommendation on 'Godless'. Watched it over the last week and found it really fun.
Hi Johnny,

I was actually shocked as I watched it and then I really got into it and just stayed with it until the end.
That was one Bad-Ass (Western) series for sure !!!

Terry
JohnnyWilkinson likes this.

JVC RS4500 Laser Projector:
My "New" Home Theater Up-Dates with Pictures, March 6th, 2019 .
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...st-2018-a.html
post #2703 of 3066 Old 04-06-2019, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by woofer View Post
Finally got around to setting up my HTPC with madVR and it "Dynamic Tone Mapping" .....Used and ASUS BW-16HT-Pro with a modded "Friendly" Firmware..

Cant believe what i have been MISSING with UHD HDR!!

PC...

ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M2A2666C16 32GB (2x16GB) 2666MHz DDR4

Intel Core i7 7700K

MSI GeForce GTX 1080TI Gaming Z, 8GB

Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 (PCIE) SSD

Seagate IronWolf NAS 8TB, ST4000VN008 x2

SilverStone 1000W Strider Platinum Power Supply

I normally use the Panasonic UB9000 and Oppo 203 for HDR, these will now be retired !.
Times like this I wish I didnt use a rack... that is mostly full. A stand or multiple racks. Oh well thoughts for next time. May still try to figure out. All of the feedback is so positive for Madvr

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dedicated Theater -Projector -Sony 385es-Screen-Stewart Firehawk 110" 1.78-Video-Panasonic UB-900, Direct Tv-Preamp-Anthem AVM-60-Amplifiers-MM8077, Proceed Amp 5-Sub-SVS-PB13 Ultra Speakers-B&W 803D, HTM1, Side and Rear Wall B&W (4), Ceiling B&W (4)
Xbox One -Panamax M5300-PM-Control 4 Ea-5,Pakedge Router
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2704 of 3066 Old 04-06-2019, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 4571 Post(s)
Liked: 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffg8 View Post
Times like this I wish I didnt use a rack... that is mostly full. A stand or multiple racks. Oh well thoughts for next time. May still try to figure out. All of the feedback is so positive for Madvr
Maybe and "Envy" can be in your future.
post #2705 of 3066 Old 04-06-2019, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Had to pull the ceiling speakers out of the ceiling and put another coat of paint on, a few little areas i was not happy with, Sherwin Williams gave me a new gallon free, because it has a one coat guarantee,
i would put two coats on everything from now on, esp. new drywall and primer - put all the sound panels on, hooked up an old receiver and dvd player to hear some cd's just to verify what the E7's sound like, just with those two speakers playing alone it is crazy, what a huge difference the bass traps and sound panels make for sound in a room, i was a skeptic until i had these on my walls in my living room theater, and working down in the theater room you could hear the transformation as i was hanging them on the walls - i will keep posting some updates, carpet goes in next saturday, then the fun begins, putting all the other speakers and subs in the room and then the RS4500 will be scheduled for install, working on the base cover plate for where the projector gets installed today. Thought i would take a quick break and check the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1014.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	693.1 KB
ID:	2549790   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1015.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	721.8 KB
ID:	2549792   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1016.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	727.3 KB
ID:	2549794   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1013.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	755.8 KB
ID:	2549796   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1011.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	700.4 KB
ID:	2549798  

tigerhonaker likes this.

Last edited by SSnarski; 04-06-2019 at 02:17 PM.
post #2706 of 3066 Old 04-06-2019, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 6618 Post(s)
Liked: 7690
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSnarski View Post
Had to pull the ceiling speakers out of the ceiling and put another coat of paint on, a few little areas i was not happy with, Sherwin Williams gave me a new gallon free, because it has a one coat guarantee,
i would put two coats on everything from now on, esp. new drywall and primer - put all the sound panels on, hooked up an old receiver and dvd player to hear some cd's just to verify what the E7's sound like, just with those two speakers playing alone it is crazy, what a huge difference the bass traps and sound panels make for sound in a room, i was a skeptic until i had these on my walls in my living room theater, and working down in the theater room you could hear the transformation as i was hanging them on the walls - i will keep posting some updates, carpet goes in next saturday, then the fun begins, putting all the other speakers and subs in the room and then the RS4500 will be scheduled for install, working on the base cover plate for where the projector gets installed today. Thought i would take a quick break and check the forum.
i love the color scheme in your theater. Very nice !!
post #2707 of 3066 Old 04-06-2019, 05:18 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
i love the color scheme in your theater. Very nice !!
Thanks Craig, the dark gray color is actual darker than the camera lets on, it's called carbonized sherwin williams infinity, it looks almost black until you put something really black right next to it, i am running out of things to do, i just had to order some more of the covers where the wires go through the wall they will be here next tuesday, Rite AV extra large openings with black brush material, all the outlets are outside the room so the wires, power cords, xlr cables, etc. have to go through the walls and plug in outside where the equipment is, once the carpet and ROPPE contours Profiled wall base trim with corners (black) goes on
next saturday i will be able to bring all the speakers and subs in along with seating and make a phone call to get the projector hung up.
I am dying to see the RS4500 in action. My living room theater (sound) wise is down because i robbed the celerity fiber cable for the theater room and disconnected all the subs and speakers, it just isn't the same even watching the 77" oled without the surround sound that i am used to!
tigerhonaker likes this.
post #2708 of 3066 Old 04-06-2019, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 4640 Post(s)
Liked: 2944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffg8 View Post
PC should fit on a rack just fine.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #2709 of 3066 Old 04-06-2019, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
PC should fit on a rack just fine.
Currently dont have space..... may eventually put a second rack or not. Also getting to the point may downsize and perhaps come up with a new room.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dedicated Theater -Projector -Sony 385es-Screen-Stewart Firehawk 110" 1.78-Video-Panasonic UB-900, Direct Tv-Preamp-Anthem AVM-60-Amplifiers-MM8077, Proceed Amp 5-Sub-SVS-PB13 Ultra Speakers-B&W 803D, HTM1, Side and Rear Wall B&W (4), Ceiling B&W (4)
Xbox One -Panamax M5300-PM-Control 4 Ea-5,Pakedge Router
post #2710 of 3066 Old 04-07-2019, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Thumbs up

Quote:
SSnarski,

I see things are coming right along.
Thanks for sharing your pictures as you move through each step of progress.

That's surely going to be a H/T to enjoy for years and years buddy.

Terry

post #2711 of 3066 Old 04-09-2019, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2001 Post(s)
Liked: 2497
As most of you in this thread probably know, the new JVC RS3000 / NX9 shares the same lens as the RS4500. For anyone in this thread wanting to know where they can see the new RS3000 / NX9 compared against the RS2000 / NX7 and two competing models from Sony, I thought I'd drop in to let everyone know about the JVC and Sony shootout event we are holding later this month in Colorado. The shootout is being hosted by myself and Kris Deering (here's a link to the dedicated thread: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...o-springs.html.) Obviously an excellent opportunity for anyone interested to compare the following projectors side by side:

Sony VPL-VW995ES - Sony's laser projector with the ARC-F lens, MSRP $34999
Sony VPL-VW695ES - Sony's most popular 4K model on the AVS Forum, MSRP $9999
JVC DLA-RS3000 - JVC's top of the line bulb based projector with premium lens and 8K upconversion, MSRP $17999
JVC DLA-RS2000 - JVC's middle of the line 4K projector and most popular on the AVS Forum, MSRP $7999

WHAT: A chance to compare the top 4K projectors in the industry under controlled conditions, with Special Guests:

Kris Deering (Deep Dive AV, Sound and Vision)
Chris Deutsch (JVC)
Russell Warnhoff (Kaleidescape)
Adam Fleckles (Denver area Sony Rep)
Shawn Kelly (Panamorph - tentative)
Robert Keeler (Stewart FilmScreen, tentative)
Craig Rounds (CIR Engineering)

All projectors will be calibrated by Kris Deering, with possible assistance from Craig. While the AVS Forum has given me permission to post about the event, this is NOT an AVS Forum sponsored event. This is an educational event only, NOT a sales event, and everyone is welcome.

WHEN: April 27th and 28th, 2019, 1-6 pm, with a tentative "pre-party" and get-together the evening of Friday, April 26 6-9 pm probably at my house. Friday night would be an opportunity to hear a JBL Synthesis Immersive Surround System, plus our Speaker Shootout Winner the Revel Salon2, plus see the JVC DLA-RS3000 in action.

As mentioned, Sound and Vision technical editor and calibrator extraordinaire Kris Deering will be in town to properly set up all the projectors for the event. Depending on his schedule, he may also be available to calibrate your own personal display during his stay.

The details, broken out:

DATES:

Pre-Event Party and Get-Together:

Friday night, April 26, 6-9 pm
Location TBD

Projector Expo / Shootout:

Session 1: Saturday, April 27, 1-6 pm
Session 2: Sunday, April 28, 1-6 pm

525 N. Cascade Ave, Colorado Springs CO 80903

We will be using a Stewart StudioTek130 screen in a light controlled room.

WE ARE EXPECTING A LARGE NUMBER OF ATTENDEES. PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP if you want to attend. You can RSVP by PM'ing me here at the AVS Forum, or by sending me an email at

john

at

t
s
r
a
v

dot

com

ABOUT KRIS DEERING, SPECIAL GUEST AND CALIBRATOR

Kris Deering has been involved in the Home Theater industry in many capacities. He is currently a writer/technical editor for Sound and Vision magazine and a calibrator and consultant through his own company, Deep Dive AV. He has also been a writer and editor for various other publications, both in print and online, including Home Theater magazine and Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity. Kris has done work for some of the biggest names in the AV industry, offering a wide range of services including calibration, product development, product testing and training. Many of you know of him already thanks to his major contributions to this forum.

Thanks all and see you soon!

John Schuermann
The Screening Room Home Theater Sales and Design
JS Music and Sound Film Scoring and Sound Design
post #2712 of 3066 Old 04-09-2019, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #2713 of 3066 Old 04-09-2019, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Just an update on my 4500 install:
I spent a few weekends ago installing my new 4500 (hung from my ceiling).
I have a good friend who does construction and he recommended reinforcing my cross boards between the rafters in my attic. I did that by adding extra brackets and bolts.I then decided to change the 4 wood screws in the Chief ceiling bracket to machine screws with washers and nuts that go completely through the cross boards in the attic ( to ensure support for the near 100 pound projector hanging down). I also added a few wires to connect to the Chief bracket and bolted them to the attic rafters to help protect the projector coming down in an earthquake. Anyway I feel very good about the 4500 hanging over my head lol.
I added the DCR lens that I bought last year in anticipation of getting a 3000.
I set it all up and after that used most of Kris Deerings OOTB setting recommendations. I checked a bunch of test patterns etc. (convergence is great) and measured the light output in low and mid laser. Interestingly my low laser measured about the same as my 500 did in low lamp (220 v 200 lux) but mid laser was quite a bit higher than the 500 in high lamp (360 lux vs 275). I found out that someone from JVC had used screen masking and set the L and R to 64! instead of resetting to 0 ( my unit is a JVC demo) after I set everything up and had to go back and redo it so I need to go back and remeasure my light output. My screen is a Studiotek 130 (138 “diagonal).
The fan noise on midlaser is about the same as high lamp on the 500 and doesn’t bother me at all ( I was a little concerned about that going into this).
My wife came in to watch a movie (Bumblebee in 4K ) with me and the first words out of her mouth were “ wow that is the best picture I have seen in this room”. So that was nice to hear as I’ve had 4 previous JVCs and although each was an upgrade over the last one she had never said that before.
The next day I added in the Lumagen Pro Radiance and set it up ( with Craig’s help) to get the full use of the 4K panel, aspect ratios correct and the Tone Mapping working.
I have to say that took HDR to a new level - by far the best picture I have seen in my theater. I can’t wait to have Kris Deering over to dial it in and bring it to an even higher level.
I put on my 500 to try to see the difference in pictures ( my 500 was calibrated by ChadB and is a nice projector with a very nice picture - and I had a Prismasonic HE Lens on it) and the 4500 just stands out by a big margin especially with the Lumagen and DCR lens.
The only slightly downside I see so far in the 4500 is the 3D. It has a brighter picture with less flicker ( probably due to the laser) but it does have more ghosting than my 500 has. This probably doesn’t mean much to most people but I do like 3D and have about 100 3D movies. The only reason I’m not concerned about it is that it’s getting harder to get 3D movies and I bought this projector for 4K as most movies I get now are 4K. Craig thinks that maybe Kris will be able to improve that but I have my doubts. I saw more ghosting on Craig’s 4500 when I first saw it and tried 3D on it also. I think because of the increased brightness in the picture it causes more ghosting but I’m not sure that is the only contributing factor. If anyone is a 3D fan and can suggest any help to improve it that would be great ( I have tried the crosstalk and parallax settings).
A big thank you goes out to Craig for “ convincing me” to get the 4500/ Lumagen over the 3000 ( especially for the added brightness, zero flicker and zero bright corners) and for helping me with the Lumagen setup. I’m very happy with this setup and hope it will serve me well for years to come.
Joe
post #2714 of 3066 Old 04-10-2019, 02:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE-C View Post
The next day I added in the Lumagen Pro Radiance and set it up ( with Craig’s help) to get the full use of the 4K panel, aspect ratios correct and the Tone Mapping working.
I have to say that took HDR to a new level - by far the best picture I have seen in my theater.
Congrats on your new setup. You paid a lot more attention to supporting your 4500 than I did. The wire idea is excellent. While my projector is not directly above my head, a drop 8 feet to the floor would be VERY expensive. I think I will have someone re-check how my cross-ceiling joist support is attached to the joists.

And all of this talk about how the Lumagen improves HDR is making my mouth water (yet again). Maybe Christmas in May?
post #2715 of 3066 Old 04-10-2019, 03:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 4640 Post(s)
Liked: 2944
Quote:
Just an update on my 4500 install:
I spent a few weekends ago installing my new 4500 (hung from my ceiling).
I have a good friend who does construction and he recommended reinforcing my cross boards between the rafters in my attic. I did that by adding extra brackets and bolts.I then decided to change the 4 wood screws in the Chief ceiling bracket to machine screws with washers and nuts that go completely through the cross boards in the attic ( to ensure support for the near 100 pound projector hanging down). I also added a few wires to connect to the Chief bracket and bolted them to the attic rafters to help protect the projector coming down in an earthquake. Anyway I feel very good about the 4500 hanging over my head lol.
I added the DCR lens that I bought last year in anticipation of getting a 3000.
I set it all up and after that used most of Kris Deerings OOTB setting recommendations. I checked a bunch of test patterns etc. (convergence is great) and measured the light output in low and mid laser. Interestingly my low laser measured about the same as my 500 did in low lamp (220 v 200 lux) but mid laser was quite a bit higher than the 500 in high lamp (360 lux vs 275). I found out that someone from JVC had used screen masking and set the L and R to 64! instead of resetting to 0 ( my unit is a JVC demo) after I set everything up and had to go back and redo it so I need to go back and remeasure my light output. My screen is a Studiotek 130 (138 “diagonal).
The fan noise on midlaser is about the same as high lamp on the 500 and doesn’t bother me at all ( I was a little concerned about that going into this).
My wife came in to watch a movie (Bumblebee in 4K ) with me and the first words out of her mouth were “ wow that is the best picture I have seen in this room”. So that was nice to hear as I’ve had 4 previous JVCs and although each was an upgrade over the last one she had never said that before.
I have to say that took HDR to a new level - by far the best picture I have seen in my theater. I can’t wait to have Kris Deering over to dial it in and bring it to an even higher level.
I put on my 500 to try to see the difference in pictures ( my 500 was calibrated by ChadB and is a nice projector with a very nice picture - and I had a Prismasonic HE Lens on it) and the 4500 just stands out by a big margin especially with the Lumagen and DCR lens.
The only slightly downside I see so far in the 4500 is the 3D. It has a brighter picture with less flicker ( probably due to the laser) but it does have more ghosting than my 500 has. This probably doesn’t mean much to most people but I do like 3D and have about 100 3D movies. The only reason I’m not concerned about it is that it’s getting harder to get 3D movies and I bought this projector for 4K as most movies I get now are 4K. Craig thinks that maybe Kris will be able to improve that but I have my doubts. I saw more ghosting on Craig’s 4500 when I first saw it and tried 3D on it also. I think because of the increased brightness in the picture it causes more ghosting but I’m not sure that is the only contributing factor. If anyone is a 3D fan and can suggest any help to improve it that would be great ( I have tried the crosstalk and parallax settings).
A big thank you goes out to Craig for “ convincing me” to get the 4500/ Lumagen over the 3000 ( especially for the added brightness, zero flicker and zero bright corners) and for helping me with the Lumagen setup. I’m very happy with this setup and hope it will serve me well for years to come.
Joe
You could always keep your RS500 for just 3d

I measured my RS500 to be a little brigher on low than my RS4500 in low but my RS4500 in mid is brighter than the RS500 in high. Low is very watchable here on my 135" and it's what I use most the time. Mid for HDR and games only with dynamic tone mapping you won't need crazy light output anyway.

Give the projector a couple days to acclimate to your room and then power it on, wait an hour, and check focus / convergence again. Mine took about a week to acclimate.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #2716 of 3066 Old 04-10-2019, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked: 1020
Quote:
Joe
Once you have had laser,it is very hard to even contemplate a bulb ever again...
woofer likes this.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
post #2717 of 3066 Old 04-10-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archibald1 View Post
Once you have had laser,it is very hard to even contemplate a bulb ever again...
Joe lives fairly close to me, so seeing my RS4500 3 or 4 times pretty much convinced him to get one.
Archibald1 likes this.
post #2718 of 3066 Old 04-10-2019, 09:33 PM

And all of this talk about how the Lumagen improves HDR is making my mouth water (yet again). Maybe Christmas in May?[/QUOTE]

I was a little reluctant to add another piece of gear and if the 4500 had the mode to support the new DCR lens by itself (like the new JVC models) I might not have added it but the Tone Mapping is quite incredible and they will continue to improve it ( there is a new firmware on the way in a few weeks already) so I’m very happy I did. Lumagen has great support and I also enjoy 3D etc so I’m glad I now have the ability to have correct aspect ratios at the touch of a button. Also I’m not about to build a home theater PC to get Tone Mapping and getting a new 4K player may be ok but I’m not sure if Panasonic will continue to improve any one player so eventually I would have to buy yet another player and so on.
Getting the Lumagen is almost a no brainer.
post #2719 of 3066 Old 04-10-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
You could always keep your RS500 for just 3d

I measured my RS500 to be a little brigher on low than my RS4500 in low but my RS4500 in mid is brighter than the RS500 in high. Low is very watchable here on my 135" and it's what I use most the time. Mid for HDR and games only with dynamic tone mapping you won't need crazy light output anyway.

Give the projector a couple days to acclimate to your room and then power it on, wait an hour, and check focus / convergence again. Mine took about a week to acclimate.
I thought about keeping the 500 for 3D but it would be a hassle as I would have to keep it on a shelf and set it up in the middle of the room each time I wanted to use it so I’m hoping the 4500 3D ghosting can be improved (maybe by calibration and some setting changes) but again I have my doubts- I will try low laser and see if it will work but it’s probably not bright enough.
post #2720 of 3066 Old 04-10-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
I thought about keeping the 500 for 3D but it would be a hassle as I would have to keep it on a shelf and set it up in the middle of the room each time I wanted to use it so I’m hoping the 4500 3D ghosting can be improved (maybe by calibration and some setting changes) but again I have my doubts- I will try low laser and see if it will work but it’s probably not bright enough.
Also my unit had 260 hours on it at purchase so the convergence is / has been quite stable and is very nice.
Craig Peer likes this.
post #2721 of 3066 Old 04-13-2019, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2001 Post(s)
Liked: 2497
Hello all! We created a direct registration link for the Sony and JVC 4K Projector Expo we are holding with Kris Deering last weekend in April (the 26th - 28th) here in Colorado - click here for info / schedule / registration:

https://projectorexpo.com/

Your chance to see the following projectors side by side under controlled conditions.

JVC RS2000/NX7
JVC RS3000/NX9
Sony VPL-VW995ES
Sony VPL-VW695ES

Not a sales event, just an opportunity to hang out with Kris Deering and reps from JVC, Sony, Kaleidescape and others! More info at the link above.

In addition, here is the link to the discussion thread:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...o-springs.html

John Schuermann
The Screening Room Home Theater Sales and Design
JS Music and Sound Film Scoring and Sound Design
post #2722 of 3066 Old 04-14-2019, 12:52 PM

Got the screen mounted have to hook up the philips hue to change the colors and brightness put the theater chairs in the blue reflection on the screen is from one chair being leaned back it is a pure white screen but with lights nearly all off it just appears black, the carpet is in it is pitch black looks gray from the iphone pics, you literally can't hardly see with 6- 75 watt halogen bulbs shining in the room - the carpet made it more dark as there is no light reflection off the concrete floor anymore some pics of the Roppe trim base and corners (They are true black) but again camera makes everything brighter than what appears, the corners were smaller than what shows on their website but it turned out great, RS4500 being put up on Tuesday - Chad B is scheduled out to calibrate everything May 20th should be able to post more updates, still have to position and hook up all the speakers carried them all down from the living room today, the SUB 2 was a job to move small footprint very heavy. There will be 4 paradigm 15" subs and One paradigm Sub 2 - hopefully there will be plenty of bass in the room
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1048.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	475.6 KB
ID:	2552884   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1050.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	343.9 KB
ID:	2552886   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1049.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	696.2 KB
ID:	2552888   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1043.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	2552894   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1044.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	2552896  

Last edited by SSnarski; 04-15-2019 at 07:26 AM.
post #2723 of 3066 Old 04-14-2019, 08:16 PM

Looking great in there !
post #2724 of 3066 Old 04-15-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Looking great in there !

Thanks Craig -

Few more pics worked until 10 pm last night fiddling with audio, put in a movie to hear the sound, a little weird listening to a movie with no picture, going to need to run the set up on Morantz receiver all over again, there is a few hours coming up, used to be quick when we had 5.1 channels or even 7.1 - eleven seems like it takes all day, other people with 28+ i could only imagine - My girlfriend said i better glue all the glass down in the hutch in the Dining Room, i did not really even turn it up loud as I used to in the living room
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1051.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	958.4 KB
ID:	2553152   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1052.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1,014.7 KB
ID:	2553154   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1054.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	655.4 KB
ID:	2553156   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1055.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	668.2 KB
ID:	2553158   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1052 (Mobile).JPG
Views:	48
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	2553160  

Dave Harper and tigerhonaker like this.
post #2725 of 3066 Old 04-15-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Thanks Craig -

Few more pics worked until 10 pm last night fiddling with audio, put in a movie to hear the sound, a little weird listening to a movie with no picture, going to need to run the set up on Morantz receiver all over again, there is a few hours coming up, used to be quick when we had 5.1 channels or even 7.1 - eleven seems like it takes all day, other people with 28+ i could only imagine - My girlfriend said i better glue all the glass down in the hutch in the Dining Room, i did not really even turn it up loud as I used to in the living room
That room is all class - looking great ! Ya, I went from 7.1 to 11.2 and now 9.4.4 with 13 channels and 4 subs, so wiring up the receiver and amp has taken longer and longer !
post #2726 of 3066 Old 04-15-2019, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Thumbs up

Quote:
Got the screen mounted have to hook up the philips hue to change the colors and brightness put the theater chairs in the blue reflection on the screen is from one chair being leaned back it is a pure white screen but with lights nearly all off it just appears black, the carpet is in it is pitch black looks gray from the iphone pics, you literally can't hardly see with 6- 75 watt halogen bulbs shining in the room - the carpet made it more dark as there is no light reflection off the concrete floor anymore some pics of the Roppe trim base and corners (They are true black) but again camera makes everything brighter than what appears, the corners were smaller than what shows on their website but it turned out great, RS4500 being put up on Tuesday - Chad B is scheduled out to calibrate everything May 20th should be able to post more updates, still have to position and hook up all the speakers carried them all down from the living room today, the SUB 2 was a job to move small footprint very heavy. There will be 4 paradigm 15" subs and One paradigm Sub 2 - hopefully there will be plenty of bass in the room
I am glad everything is coming together nicely for you.

Terry

post #2727 of 3066 Old 04-15-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
I am glad everything is coming together nicely for you.

Terry

Terry,

Thanks, projector should be hanging tomorrow evening, or i might just put a rope on the projector mount i will get some pics, Chad B will be coming out in May, looks like there may be another update for the Lumagen before then for the DTM - once they get the projector locked in place, i should be able to figure out how to put the DCR lens on - questions will be coming i am sure - audio i have no problems i can fine tune that with the best of them, Video - projectors 0% experience - wish me luck!
post #2728 of 3066 Old 04-15-2019, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Thumbs up

Quote:
Terry,

Thanks, projector should be hanging tomorrow evening, or i might just put a rope on the projector mount i will get some pics, Chad B will be coming out in May, looks like there may be another update for the Lumagen before then for the DTM - once they get the projector locked in place, i should be able to figure out how to put the DCR lens on - questions will be coming i am sure - audio i have no problems i can fine tune that with the best of them, Video - projectors 0% experience -

wish me luck!
SSnarski,

Well I can't really comment on the added (Enhancements) to the RS4500 your getting.
Other than to say from what I have already read you should be very well pleased with the added performance.

Pictures as you know we all enjoy so keep those coming as you can.

Below is just for you my internet buddy.

Terry

post #2729 of 3066 Old 04-16-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
SSnarski,

Well I can't really comment on the added (Enhancements) to the RS4500 your getting.
Other than to say from what I have already read you should be very well pleased with the added performance.

Pictures as you know we all enjoy so keep those coming as you can.

Below is just for you my internet buddy.

Terry
Terry,
A couple more photos for you
Not the best photos from my iphone but you get the idea - it is an RS4500 and this the thread for it

The RS4500 is mounted and operational - i put in a couple of movies (Jumanji welcome to the Jungle 4K UHD on the OPPO 203) - No DCR lens mounted yet or lumagen hooked up or the Panasonic 9000 hooked up

I have no idea what to look for for convergence etc. yet - found the HDR button that helped but all I can say is WOW

I will have to find a way to put some pads - foam - or something on the SI screen - the bass rattles that thing against the wall like a banjo - can't really say whether or not is was low, mid, high laser working on it,
have to get the owner's manual out and start figuring it out - really did not hear the fans very faint at best the screen rattle was more of a wtf than anything!

the fan deflectors were in the box so i just put them on as a hint from everyone on here - -Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1067.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	530.3 KB
ID:	2554126   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1068.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	350.7 KB
ID:	2554128  
tigerhonaker and Wookii like this.

Last edited by SSnarski; 04-16-2019 at 06:13 PM.
post #2730 of 3066 Old 04-17-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Terry,
A couple more photos for you
Not the best photos from my iphone but you get the idea - it is an RS4500 and this the thread for it

The RS4500 is mounted and operational - i put in a couple of movies (Jumanji welcome to the Jungle 4K UHD on the OPPO 203) - No DCR lens mounted yet or lumagen hooked up or the Panasonic 9000 hooked up

I have no idea what to look for for convergence etc. yet - found the HDR button that helped but all I can say is WOW

I will have to find a way to put some pads - foam - or something on the SI screen - the bass rattles that thing against the wall like a banjo - can't really say whether or not is was low, mid, high laser working on it,
have to get the owner's manual out and start figuring it out - really did not hear the fans very faint at best the screen rattle was more of a wtf than anything!

the fan deflectors were in the box so i just put them on as a hint from everyone on here - -Thanks again!
Looks like The Rock is flabbergasted at how cool your theater looks ! Great first picture - it will only get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page